Windows 10: ONE drive saying I am out of space.... but I am not

Discus and support ONE drive saying I am out of space.... but I am not in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; One drive is saying I have used 5.1 GB and space is full.. but when I look at storage it says I have 5.1 Gb full out of 1 TB I have paid for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ThomasHinkle1, Jan 29, 2021.

1. ONE drive saying I am out of space.... but I am not

One drive is saying I have used 5.1 GB and space is full.. but when I look at storage it says I have 5.1 Gb full out of 1 TB I have paid for the family plan why is this happening.. nothign else will synch

:)

ThomasHinkle1, Jan 29, 2021

2. Lost space of Pen Drive

Hello,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

• Have you tried connecting to a different computer?
    I suggest you to connect the USB flash drive to a different computer and check.

First back up all the data from your USB drive to another location.

I suggest you to connect the USB flash drive to a different computer and check.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to refresh the drive letter and then try to rescan the drives that are connect to the computer and check.

To refresh drive letter:

• Open Computer Management (Local).
    • In the console tree, click Computer Management (Local), click
      Storage, and then click Disk Management.
    • Click Action, and then click Refresh.
    • Once you have refreshed connect the new zip drive and to update hardware information, click Rescan Disks instead.
    Step 2: For unallocated space on USB drive

• Press the Windows key, and type Diskpart.

• Click the result to open the DiskPart command prompt window.

• In the command prompt window, type list disk and hit Enter.

• The removable USB drive or hard disk will be shown under
      Disk 1.

• Type in the following commands and hit Enter.
    select disk 1

Clean

create partition primary

• The first command selects your removable USB drive.

• The Clean command deletes all the current partitions present on the USB drive.

• The Create primary partition creates a fresh partition and allocates all the unallocated space on this fresh partition.

• Type Exit to close the command prompt window.

• Unplug your USB drive and plug it back again.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jan 29, 2021
  3. Windows is taking up too much hard drive space.

Hi Trisha,

Windows might have been accumulated large drive space due to installed apps, temporary files, or etc. For us to identify which item mostly accumulates your drive space, we suggest that you check it here:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Storage, and then press Enter.
    • Under Local Storage, click on This
      PC (CONE drive saying I am out of space.... but I am not :).
    • On this window, you will see which item mot accumulate your drive space.

We also recommend that you follow the steps given on this article on how to
    free up drive space in Windows 10
    . Click on every drop down to view the steps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Jan 29, 2021
  4. ONE drive saying I am out of space.... but I am not

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

ONE drive saying I am out of space.... but I am not

1. ONE drive saying I am out of space.... but I am not - Similar Threads - drive saying space

2. My PC is saying I am using more space than I actually am

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC is saying I am using more space than I actually am: I am currently trying to free up storage on my PC ; under the "installed apps" tab in my storage, it says that I am using 61Gb's of storage, but when I open up the tab I only count around 8Gb's being used....
  3. My PC is saying I am using more space than I actually am

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC is saying I am using more space than I actually am: I am currently trying to free up storage on my PC ; under the "installed apps" tab in my storage, it says that I am using 61Gb's of storage, but when I open up the tab I only count around 8Gb's being used....
  4. I am running out of space on my c drive but i have lots of space on my d drive how do i...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am running out of space on my c drive but i have lots of space on my d drive how do i...: i heard if u move the wrong files u could break your pc and i am running out of space from updates on the stuff in my c drive im not out of space maybe 19 gbs left i just dont wanna run out and be dead...
  5. I am running out of space on my c drive but i have lots of space on my d drive how do i...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am running out of space on my c drive but i have lots of space on my d drive how do i...: i heard if u move the wrong files u could break your pc and i am running out of space from updates on the stuff in my c drive im not out of space maybe 19 gbs left i just dont wanna run out and be dead...
  6. Wifi Says I am Not Connected But I am

Wifi Says I am Not Connected But I am: Currently on Windows 10 and it says I'm not connected to the internet but I am.When I look at my router/modem it says no internet secured but I can use the internet and web browser just fine.I have reset my mode through Xfinity and have reset at Netgear router level. Nothing...
  7. One Drive - out of space

One Drive - out of space: Our onedrive ran out of space. We bought more space 1TB option 2 days ago and still get that our onedrive is full and has 2,650 synch errors. When will we get our additional space and how do we start using it?...
  8. i am locked out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i am locked out: i am locked out. Cannot send or receive emails. Cannot connect to TeamViewer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-locked-out/12d5f0b1-6116-451a-b69f-0663562bc4cb
  9. Account says I am administrator, but when saving files says I am not

Account says I am administrator, but when saving files says I am not: Hello, I am attempting to record music and when I try to save the file, it says I do not have authorization and to contact the administrator. My account states that I am an administrator and I am the only user on this device. I ran cmd and typed net user...
  10. everything is different and i am out of space

in Windows 10 Support
    everything is different and i am out of space: so i am using this acer aspire laptop, running windows 10. hate windows 10. it keeps telling me i am out of space and that i should free up some space, anything i try to delete cannot be deleted. it won't let me use system restore, it won't let me re-set to factory settings....