Windows 10: One Drive Sends Message: No access permissions to the Item. I am the owner and Administrator!

Discus and support One Drive Sends Message: No access permissions to the Item. I am the owner and Administrator! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; What moron programmed one drive to lock me out of my one drive account so that it does not sync? I am a Microsoft 365 subscriber and a MS user since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Emmett K. Jennings, Sep 15, 2021.

1. One Drive Sends Message: No access permissions to the Item. I am the owner and Administrator!

What moron programmed one drive to lock me out of my one drive account so that it does not sync? I am a Microsoft 365 subscriber and a MS user since the beginning. This is ludicrous!

:)

Emmett K. Jennings, Sep 15, 2021

2. cannot access file/or permissions

I have a file i need to run on Windows 7 Home Premium. I get the error message saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

So I right click and choose Properties to access the permissions but I cannot. In the Security tab I get a message saying, " You do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings.".

Next I boot into the Windows 7 Hidden Administrator Mode - and even with this I get all the same error messages.

Please help me as I really need to run This file.

John Phoenix, Sep 15, 2021
  3. Denied access to a file despite being listed as the owner

I tried to reinstall Origin, and this particular program, and it seems some others on the computer do not allow access at all, either to run or delete. It says access is denied or that permission will be needed. I go into the advanced settings to change
    the owner (as elswhere the troubleshooters suggested) and I see that Administrators is already listed as the owner. It's as though the administrator does not even have access to the file. This appears to apply to the entire folder. How can I change the
    permission to the file(s) so I can delete/reinstall?

joethecounselor, Sep 15, 2021
  4. One Drive Sends Message: No access permissions to the Item. I am the owner and Administrator!

Windows 10 c: drive not accessable

I was trying to solve a problem I had with accessing several folders, following the steps on a web site, and

I got a message that the owner of the C; drive was being erased!

Since then I have no access to the c: drive, I keep getting "access denied", "you don't have the proper permissions", "you don't have read permission", and when I finally got into Safe Mode and clicked on C:/properties/security, it said "Owner: Unable to
    display current owner".

I've tried more methods than I want to list trying to get ownership of the C: drive and set permissions back where they belong.

Where is the c: drive owner entered? Would I need to RegEdit? If so, please provide step by step because all I know about RegEdit is that it's dangerous to mess with.....

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Dave Ahlberg

DaveAhlberg, Sep 15, 2021
Thema:

One Drive Sends Message: No access permissions to the Item. I am the owner and Administrator!

1. One Drive Sends Message: No access permissions to the Item. I am the owner and Administrator! - Similar Threads - Drive Sends Message

2. [URGENT] Drive has no Owners. Can not grant owner or permission or anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [URGENT] Drive has no Owners. Can not grant owner or permission or anything: One of my drives has suddenly lost ownership. I can not access the drive.G: Drive is Inaccessible.General Property view of the drive shows nothing.Properties > Security > Advanced shows this.On Either clicking continue or change it shows this.It seems that the Drive has for...
  3. no access permissions to the item in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    no access permissions to the item in OneDrive: Fresh install but have had this previously, as well, and install a few programs that put links on the desktop. OneDrive is syncing the desktop.Create a folder on the desktop, and move the shortcuts to this folder.When Onedrive tries to sync, get the error for each of the...
  4. no access permissions to the item in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no access permissions to the item in OneDrive: Fresh install but have had this previously, as well, and install a few programs that put links on the desktop. OneDrive is syncing the desktop.Create a folder on the desktop, and move the shortcuts to this folder.When Onedrive tries to sync, get the error for each of the...
  5. no access permissions to the item in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Denied access to .dmp file. I am the sole administrator and owner.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Denied access to .dmp file. I am the sole administrator and owner.: Denied access to .dmp file even though I am the sole administrator and owner. Advised to go to Minidump folder to learn why my computer just crashed...showing WHEA Unrecoverable Error. I have read that this is normally a hardware fault, and sometimes just a driver issue-...
  7. OneDrive -- No access permissions to the item

OneDrive -- No access permissions to the item: The Desktop folder is sync'd to OneDrive but I've noticed that there are a bunch of desktop shortcuts that not included. These shortcuts have been added to C:\Users\Public\Desktop during the install and include shortcuts for MS Edge, Chrome, etc. etc. So I tried to create a...
  8. How do I sign in as an administrator when I am the owner.

How do I sign in as an administrator when I am the owner.: I want to download a product called Pointerfocus that I bought however it is saying that in order to make changes to the app I need to type in the admin user name and password. Why is it asking me this when I am the owner...
  9. File access and permissions Owner, Administrator, Users etc.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    File access and permissions Owner, Administrator, Users etc.: Under a fille group named "Documents" I have folders like Bank/Old Credit Union, new bank/new Credit Union CULC I took a screen capture and wanted to cut/paste from where it is now (Desktop) and put it in the subfolder "new Credit Union" after notice ="you will have to...
  10. Administrator can change owner of registry key but not permissions...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator can change owner of registry key but not permissions...: I'm running 64-bit Windows Pro on an Asus P5Q-EM MB with an Intel E8600 processor with 8 GB of PC2-6400 Ram. I've had a couple of unexpected shutdowns and restarts lately. I've got several different error types in my event log. The only one showing to be "critical" is the...