Windows 10: One Drive starts showing 2 Personal Vault Icons

Discus and support One Drive starts showing 2 Personal Vault Icons in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My System: Windows 10 Pro all updates, Microsoft 365 all updatesToday I noticed that when I opened One Drive there are now 2 Personal Vault icons. One... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by StPeteFL, Feb 7, 2023.

1. StPeteFL Win User

One Drive starts showing 2 Personal Vault Icons

My System: Windows 10 Pro all updates, Microsoft 365 all updatesToday I noticed that when I opened One Drive there are now 2 Personal Vault icons. One 1 icon is in the normal position at the bottom of the file list. The second 2, is at the bottom of the folder list in the file list this is the new icon. Both are labeled as short cuts, with position 1 having a red x under Status, since it is not unlocked yet. Position 2 show blank under Status.Clicking on position 2 icon pops up an error message, stating files are not available. While clicking on position 1 icon brings up Authenticator to

:)

StPeteFL, Feb 7, 2023
  2. CraigLong Win User

Personal Vault (One Drive)

How can anyone else open the Personal Vault without the 2 step verification that only you can perform? To my knowledge you have to be signed in online to your Microsoft account before you can open the vault. It's bitlocker encrypted locally on your PC
    even.

CraigLong, Feb 7, 2023
  3. Can't find Personal Vault in File Explorer

Hey guys,

For those of you who have set up your Personal Vault in OneDrive, does the "Personal Vault" folder show up in Windows File Explorer under the OneDrive folder? It doesn't for me, which seems strange. The features of the Personal Vault seems to work fine,
    e.g. by going through the OneDrive icon in the System Tray I can unlock the Vault and access the contents of the Vault, and I can add/remove files from the Vault, etc. But the Personal Vault folder itself just doesn't show up in Window's File Explorer. (NOTE:
    There is a hidden folder shortcut under the OneDrive folder called "Personal Vault" but it's labeled as a system folder and it doesn't have the standard Personal Vault icon but rather the generic folder shortcut icon. (And it doesn't show a target folder when
    I check the shortcut's properties.) Double clicking the shortcut does take me to the Vault but oddly it *still* doesn't show up in the folder list in Windows File Explorer, even after it's unlocked and open.

Is this normal? Is anyone else experiencing this or have any idea how to fix it? FYI I'm running Windows 10 Home version 1909 (build 18363.815) with OneDrive Version 2020 (build 10.232.1124.0012). Thanks in advance for the help!

ReadyOrNot, Feb 7, 2023
  4. tfwul Win User

OneDrive Personal Vault - accessing from Android device

I am trying to access my OneDrive Personal Vault using my Samsung Galaxy S10 smartphone.
    Whatever I try I end up with a screen telling me to create a Personal Vault, rather than opening the existing one, which was in fact the 'starting point'.

Steps taken:
    - sign in using my Outlook account
    - select verification method (send a code to my gmail account)
    - paste that into the verification screen

After clicking [Verify] I get this "Create a Personal Vault"-screen.

Any suggestions?

One Drive starts showing 2 Personal Vault Icons 327584d1618466825t-onedrive-personal-vault-accessing-android-device-2021-04-15_08-05-45.png

Windows 10 x64
    Office 365, Outlook Exchange

tfwul, Feb 7, 2023
Thema:

1. One Drive starts showing 2 Personal Vault Icons - Similar Threads - Drive starts showing

2. One Drive starts showing 2 Personal Vault Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive starts showing 2 Personal Vault Icons: My System: Windows 10 Pro all updates, Microsoft 365 all updatesToday I noticed that when I opened One Drive there are now 2 Personal Vault icons. One 1 icon is in the normal position at the bottom of the file list. The second 2, is at the bottom of the folder list in the...
  3. One Drive starts showing 2 Personal Vault Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Drive starts showing 2 Personal Vault Icons: My System: Windows 10 Pro all updates, Microsoft 365 all updatesToday I noticed that when I opened One Drive there are now 2 Personal Vault icons. One 1 icon is in the normal position at the bottom of the file list. The second 2, is at the bottom of the folder list in the...
  4. Can't access personal vault in one drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access personal vault in one drive: Hi,Firstly I don't know where to put this post as I can't see one drive on the drop down options so if a moderator can tell me which I can re submit it where it needs to be. thanks,I can't access my personal vault in one drive, I've tried logging in , new code sent each time...
  5. Can't access personal vault in one drive

Can't access personal vault in one drive: Hi,Firstly I don't know where to put this post as I can't see one drive on the drop down options so if a moderator can tell me which I can re submit it where it needs to be. thanks,I can't access my personal vault in one drive, I've tried logging in , new code sent each time...
  6. Can't access personal vault in one drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. can't access one drive personal vault

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't access one drive personal vault: I cannot access my one drive personal vault, I was able to do so and then suddenly unable I have the following message; I don't know what I've done, any suggestions;Richard....
  8. can't access one drive personal vault

can't access one drive personal vault: I cannot access my one drive personal vault, I was able to do so and then suddenly unable I have the following message; I don't know what I've done, any suggestions;Richard....
  9. can't unlock personal vault in one drive

can't unlock personal vault in one drive: I can't unlock my OneDrive personal vault on my desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-unlock-personal-vault-in-one-drive/1e1643d1-d455-4f15-8a72-7a2e28dcc08b
  10. Personal Vault (One Drive)

Personal Vault (One Drive): I must get my laptop serviced. For security, I copied all files to Personal Vault and deleted them on my laptop. But as PV is visible in File Explorer, a 3rd party will be able to see all file and doc names. Acrobat files do not open unless I sign in to PV, but Excel and Word...