Windows 10: One drive stealing data

Discus and support One drive stealing data in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So i reinstalled windows 10 to clean my pc, i reconfigured all my pc again to what i like and one of those things is disable one drive cloud storage, i... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PotatoedCow, Jun 16, 2019.

1. One drive stealing data

So i reinstalled windows 10 to clean my pc, i reconfigured all my pc again to what i like and one of those things is disable one drive cloud storage, i literally disabled everyting from one cloud but didnt uninstalled it, and guess what? it started to upload some very important data from my pc, most of them were some very important documents that must not be shared even (one of them protected with copyright) so i uninstalled it.

why configurations never work on this OS? windows update activate itself everytime no matter what i do, even destroying it on regedit, windows defender does not deactivate itself it needs to be disabled by regedit and now this, juts **** microsoft?

:)

PotatoedCow, Jun 16, 2019

2. Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown One drive stealing data :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Jun 16, 2019
  3. recovering data possible dead hard drive

Hello, @victorm294!

Well, I'm really sorry to hear about your accident with the WD HDD.
    I'd still advise to try that WD drive on another PC just in case, and see if it will get detected there, or if it even spins up. You also mentioned you checked all connections, but did you try connecting the WD drive with a different SATA cable?

If none of these worked, then recovering your data might be a lot more difficult. *Frown One drive stealing data :(
    I'd suggest to turn to a professional data recovery, it also won't hurt to try what @RCoon suggested. However I'm not sure it's going to work, if the drive doesn't even spin up.
    Data recovery companies are costly indeed, but if your files are that important, I'm not sure you have any other choice.
    If the drive doesn't even spin up, we are most probably facing a physical damage from the power surge. This means you won't be able to fix it yourself. HDD physical repairs require a clean environment and technical knowledge of the HDD's structure and components.

My suggestion would be to get in touch with such a company and explain your situation, hopefully the repair will be affordable. Here's a list of all our data recovery partners worldwide: http://goo.gl/kkn4Vs

Just a tip: This is exactly why we recommend keeping backups offsite as well, power surges/system failures can result in such unpleasant situations. :/

I hope this helps you!
    And if you need further assistance or more information,
    I'd suggest to contact our tech support:
    http://goo.gl/BXehMx

Good luck, @victorm294!

P.S. Thank you for notifying me, @RCoon! *Smile One drive stealing data :)

SuperSoph_WD, Jun 16, 2019
  4. badrobot Win User

One drive stealing data

Partitioning My Hard Drive Without Losing Data

Download any of the suggested programs above and fire up Youtube for a step by step instruction. Easus is a good software. But I personally use MiniTool Partition Wizard.

It will only take 5 minutes to become a professional hard drive partitioner. One drive stealing data :)

badrobot, Jun 16, 2019
Thema:

One drive stealing data

1. One drive stealing data - Similar Threads - drive stealing data

2. Possible to backup data from two hard drives to one?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Possible to backup data from two hard drives to one?: I have been building my PC for quite a long time now and I have some important information on it. System related things are on my C: drive whereas other things are on my D: drive. Is there a way I can backup these drives to one drive of terabyte storage? Thank you in...
  3. Possible to backup data from two hard drives to one?

in Windows 10 Support
    Possible to backup data from two hard drives to one?: I have been building my PC for quite a long time now and I have some important information on it. System related things are on my C: drive whereas other things are on my D: drive. Is there a way I can backup these drives to one drive of terabyte storage? Thank you in...
  4. One drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One drive: My onedrive isn't signing in to sync my computer's one drive with the cloud. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive/c8643239-8a4e-4d0b-a326-9352140810a4"
  5. One drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One drive: hi. I have just bought a new laptop. I have documents on the old laptop onedrive that I want to see on my new laptop onedrive but I see different stuff. how can I see exactly the same documents on the new laptop as the old one. windows 10 on both machines thanks. Dave...
  6. Setting up a secure network so that employees don't steal company data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting up a secure network so that employees don't steal company data: Hello, I have a small company and one of our employees just left the company and while leaving he stole most company data and gave it to our competitors. It's high time I get a secure system. I plan on setting up a server through which all internet access will be directed...
  7. Setting up a secure network so that employees don't steal company data

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting up a secure network so that employees don't steal company data: Hello, I have a small company and one of our employees just left the company and while leaving he stole most company data and gave it to our competitors. It's high time I get a secure system. I plan on setting up a server through which all internet access will be directed...
  8. Is Microsoft Still Illegally working with spy agencies to steal my data?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is Microsoft Still Illegally working with spy agencies to steal my data?: Because Edward Snowden illegally stole documents from my government we know Microsoft was working secretly with government. Are they still doing this? How do we know and why would we believe its not happening any longer? Microsoft never apologized nor were they ever...
  9. turn off focus stealing

in Windows 10 Support
    turn off focus stealing: Hey, how do i turn off focus stealing ? i have already in regedit under ForegroundLockTimeout set 30d40, but still when i am in game for example, pop out windows steal focus and minimizes the game. I don't know about anything else. Is there any way how to turn this off. Thank...
  10. You're not safe offline: Router LED lights can steal your data

in Windows 10 News
    You're not safe offline: Router LED lights can steal your data: Have to admit, there are some creative exploits out there....*Rolleyes A system which is air-gapped is generally considered safe from intrusion as there are few network tunnels or avenues for hackers to exploit. After all, if you can't connect, you can't steal or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone steals information