Windows 10: One drive stealing data

Discus and support One drive stealing data in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So i reinstalled windows 10 to clean my pc, i reconfigured all my pc again to what i like and one of those things is disable one drive cloud storage, i... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PotatoedCow, Jun 16, 2019.

1. One drive stealing data

So i reinstalled windows 10 to clean my pc, i reconfigured all my pc again to what i like and one of those things is disable one drive cloud storage, i literally disabled everyting from one cloud but didnt uninstalled it, and guess what? it started to upload some very important data from my pc, most of them were some very important documents that must not be shared even (one of them protected with copyright) so i uninstalled it.

why configurations never work on this OS? windows update activate itself everytime no matter what i do, even destroying it on regedit, windows defender does not deactivate itself it needs to be disabled by regedit and now this, juts **** microsoft?

:)

PotatoedCow, Jun 16, 2019

2. Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown One drive stealing data :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Jun 16, 2019
  3. recovering data possible dead hard drive

Hello, @victorm294!

Well, I'm really sorry to hear about your accident with the WD HDD.
    I'd still advise to try that WD drive on another PC just in case, and see if it will get detected there, or if it even spins up. You also mentioned you checked all connections, but did you try connecting the WD drive with a different SATA cable?

If none of these worked, then recovering your data might be a lot more difficult. *Frown One drive stealing data :(
    I'd suggest to turn to a professional data recovery, it also won't hurt to try what @RCoon suggested. However I'm not sure it's going to work, if the drive doesn't even spin up.
    Data recovery companies are costly indeed, but if your files are that important, I'm not sure you have any other choice.
    If the drive doesn't even spin up, we are most probably facing a physical damage from the power surge. This means you won't be able to fix it yourself. HDD physical repairs require a clean environment and technical knowledge of the HDD's structure and components.

My suggestion would be to get in touch with such a company and explain your situation, hopefully the repair will be affordable. Here's a list of all our data recovery partners worldwide: http://goo.gl/kkn4Vs

Just a tip: This is exactly why we recommend keeping backups offsite as well, power surges/system failures can result in such unpleasant situations. :/

I hope this helps you!
    And if you need further assistance or more information,
    I'd suggest to contact our tech support:
    http://goo.gl/BXehMx

Good luck, @victorm294!

P.S. Thank you for notifying me, @RCoon! *Smile One drive stealing data :)

SuperSoph_WD, Jun 16, 2019
  4. badrobot Win User

One drive stealing data

Partitioning My Hard Drive Without Losing Data

Download any of the suggested programs above and fire up Youtube for a step by step instruction. Easus is a good software. But I personally use MiniTool Partition Wizard.

It will only take 5 minutes to become a professional hard drive partitioner. One drive stealing data :)

badrobot, Jun 16, 2019
Thema:

One drive stealing data

1. One drive stealing data - Similar Threads - drive stealing data

2. Is One-drive - microsoft stiling our data ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is One-drive - microsoft stiling our data ?: Why, without my permission, did one drive take all my information from my work computer and move it to one drive? Besides that, I just opened my personal computer, and all my documents from work were downloaded onto my personal computer. This is a massive problem....
  3. One drive local data lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One drive local data lost: Good dayI lost all my local data Photos, documents, etc. after deleting one drive from my PCI ran multiple recovery tools and had no successI just need to albums recoveredPlease HELP!...
  4. One drive local data lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive local data lost: Good dayI lost all my local data Photos, documents, etc. after deleting one drive from my PCI ran multiple recovery tools and had no successI just need to albums recoveredPlease HELP!...
  5. One Drive steals my files and invades my privacy.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive steals my files and invades my privacy.: I can no longer use my expensive windows based computer and have to buy a mac. Shouldn't microsoft be held responsible? One Drive is basically spyware and theft. If I wanted any of my files on One Drive I would have put them there. Imagine my horror when I turned the junk...
  6. One Drive steals my files and invades my privacy.

One Drive steals my files and invades my privacy.: I can no longer use my expensive windows based computer and have to buy a mac. Shouldn't microsoft be held responsible? One Drive is basically spyware and theft. If I wanted any of my files on One Drive I would have put them there. Imagine my horror when I turned the junk...
  7. One drive + all my data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive + all my data: How do i download all of my data back onto my device? Then I'll quit ONedrive forever. Basically want everything back on my pc . None of it in the 'cloud' . thks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-all-my-data/69fa742e-b99a-4dca-8884-245f27279928
  8. One drive + all my data

One drive + all my data: How do i download all of my data back onto my device? Then I'll quit ONedrive forever. Basically want everything back on my pc . None of it in the 'cloud' . thks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-all-my-data/69fa742e-b99a-4dca-8884-245f27279928
  9. Can Trojans Steal My Data?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can Trojans Steal My Data?: I had very confidential files in my itunes backup on my PC but was not encrypted. Now when i scan my PC I found some trojans available. I google about the trojan and found that they can steal our files. Have they steal my itunes backup too? I am worried. What is the chance...
  10. Size of Data Drives in One Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Size of Data Drives in One Drive: I have 2 drives on my desktop running Windows 10. Both drives are set at 250Mb each. All of my data files images, documents, back-ups etc are on the D drive and the programmes etc are on the C drive. Ideally, I would like the drives set so that the D drive is 350Mb and the C...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone steals information