Windows 10: One Drive Storage Location

Discus and support One Drive Storage Location in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My laptop is running out of storage space. I have everything backed up in One Drive. Are these files in the One Drive folder in File Explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PatrickSmith8, Jan 5, 2019.

1. One Drive Storage Location

My laptop is running out of storage space. I have everything backed up in One Drive.

Are these files in the One Drive folder in File Explorer stored locally on my hard drive, or are they stored on Microsoft's servers somewhere? I think they're stored locally. I can put music folders in these One Drive folders, map i-tunes to that folder and it plays the MP3 files. I'm thinking if it was online only that wouldn't be possible? Or am I wrong?

If the files in my One Drive folder are not stored locally, does that mean I can move files off of my C drive and into One Drive to save space?

One last question, if those files in my One Drive (i.e. my backup) ARE stored locally, does that mean I am storing 2 of every file I have on my laptop? Because that's obviously not optimal. My OS is Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

One Drive Storage Location [​IMG]

:)

PatrickSmith8, Jan 5, 2019
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Hard Drive Storage

Hi William,

In Windows 10, you can change the default Save location for apps, documents, music, picture and video files to another drive or partition. You can follow the steps below to change the default Save location:

• If your Windows 10 version is 1703 and later, go to Start Menu
      > Settings > System settings
      > Storage> Change where new content is saved.

• Otherwise, go to Start Menu > Settings
      > System settings > Storage.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Jan 5, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    hard drive full, but can<t find the item to erase

Windows 10 has the option to change the storage location. We suggest that you change the storage location so you can still use your hard drive instead of using the SSD. Kindly follow the steps below on how to change the storage location:

• On the Search bar, type in storage and select the top most result.
    • On the Storage screen, change the location of each options to your desired hard drive. The files will now be saved on the specific hard drive.

One Drive Storage Location 47d2da23-d12c-4708-9637-ccc0766a4909.png

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Jan 5, 2019
  4. 333t Win User

One Drive Storage Location

How to remove a bad drive in Windows 10 storage spaces pool

Could someone list the steps involved in replacing a bad drive from a Windows 10 storage spaces pool? I cannot find any info on the Microsoft support site that is specific to Windows 10. Also, could you list the steps to remove a 'good' drive and replace
    it with another drive if the process is different?

333t, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

One Drive Storage Location

1. One Drive Storage Location - Similar Threads - Drive Storage Location

2. One Drive storage issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive storage issue: I received a notification telling me that I was out of storage on OneDrive Cloud on my personal account so I bought extra storage. I received an email from Microsoft confirming this and acknowledging the credit card used. However, I still keep seeing the icon at the bottom...
  3. File Storage on One Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Storage on One Drive: I have always stored my files on my PC hard drive with One Drive as the back up. My drive is now filling up and I would like to save some of my files but not all just on One Drive and download them when I need to. How do I do this? I'm on Win 11...
  4. File Storage on One Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Storage on One Drive: I have always stored my files on my PC hard drive with One Drive as the back up. My drive is now filling up and I would like to save some of my files but not all just on One Drive and download them when I need to. How do I do this? I'm on Win 11...
  5. One Drive storage

One Drive storage: OneDrive says it can't do .pst files. Okay, just skip it and do the rest. But that does not seem to be the way it works.How can I get it to skip the .pst files and continue. I can move the files but then Outlook stops working won't load I don't see anywhere to tell Outlook...
  6. One drive storage

One drive storage: i have 1TB of one drive storage . i have used 3GB only . one drive says i am 14.6 GB over the limit .i have freed up space and nothing has changed what option other than buying more space do i have?...
  7. One Drive storage exceeded

in Windows 10 Customization
    One Drive storage exceeded: I keep getting messages telling me "Server storage quota has been exceeded. "If I disable One Drive, what happens to all that material that is there now? Is it also stored on my PC's hard drive, or do I somehow have to transfer the material back? Why is there a storage limit...
  8. One Drive storage

One Drive storage: Have windows 10. Can I buy more One Drive space without going to Windows 365? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-storage/3afc2242-260a-4130-a338-2cb6a0f775e6"
  9. one drive storage

one drive storage: My name is Wei Jia Su. I am trying to delete a folder within a folder, but cannot. can you help me? email me at *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-storage/498dd536-ccf2-44ab-b1a9-2d84a4301de5"
  10. Windows storage and One Drive

Windows storage and One Drive: I have an unusual question: My HP computer has two drives one C: drive is app 117 Gb and the D drive is appx 885Gb with the intent that the D drive is the data drive. A few months ago I became aware that the C: drive was almost full and I took the apropriate steps to ensure...