Windows 10: One Drive Storage Space used Suddenly increasing?

Discus and support One Drive Storage Space used Suddenly increasing? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I went to bed last night with my One Drive storage space 80% used. I turn on my computer this afternoon and somehow my storage space being used has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Toyu Frey, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Toyu Frey Win User

One Drive Storage Space used Suddenly increasing?

I went to bed last night with my One Drive storage space 80% used. I turn on my computer this afternoon and somehow my storage space being used has leapt to 92%! I've been deleting photos, and old files, but the amount of storage spaced being used isn't going down! I'm at my wits end in terms of deleting stuff that my web browser Microsoft one drive claims is taking up the most space as I went and deleted most of that a week ago and emptied the recycle bin on both my one drive and my computer. This means I have absolutely no clue in terms of What caused the 12% jump of storage space being used. Any assistance given I'm grateful for.

:)

Toyu Frey, Oct 5, 2019
  2. j_007_k Win User

Storage Spaces not showing increased size..

Hello, Size was increased via storage spaces. I was able to fix the issue. It seems like size increase via storange spaces is not working. I manually have to reboot and then use following command to show the correct size.

C:\ > DISKPART

DISKPART> List Volume

DISKPART> select volume # (this is the number of the volume listed by the above ‘List Volume’ command)

DISKPART> extend filesystem

DISKPART> exit

This fixes the storage pool to show the correct size. But its really annoying to do that every time you increase the size of the pool.

Thanks

j_007_k, Oct 5, 2019
  3. External Drive using storage spaces does not work on my new Win 10 PC?

Hi Leo,

Storage Spaces not only increase storage over time as you add drivers to your PC, it will also help you in protecting your data from drive failures. To isolate your concern, we'd like to know if you were getting any error messages when trying
    to connect the external drive to your new PC. Also, can you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to perform a diagnostic process on your system that will check and fix issues related to Storage Spaces. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search bar, then press
      Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane.
    • Locate and click Hardware and Devices to run the troubleshooter then follow the next steps.

Furthermore, here is a link for more information about the Storage
    Spaces in Windows 10

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Eileen Gal, Oct 5, 2019
  4. One Drive Storage Space used Suddenly increasing?

Storage Spaces not showing increased size..

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with the Issue.

• How exactly did you increase the size of the drive?
    • Did you use any third party software or application?
    • Did you use Storage Pool to increase the size of the drive?

Reply with the necessary information to help you troubleshoot the issue. I will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

One Drive Storage Space used Suddenly increasing?

1. One Drive Storage Space used Suddenly increasing? - Similar Threads - Drive Storage Space

2. Unable to increase size of storage space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to increase size of storage space: I have added 2 drives to my Windows 11 Storage Pool, but the size of my Storage Space has not increased. It seems there should be a "Change" button next to the Storage Space where I can resize it, but there is no such button. How can I resize the Storage Space to use the...
  3. Unable to increase size of storage space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to increase size of storage space: I have added 2 drives to my Windows 11 Storage Pool, but the size of my Storage Space has not increased. It seems there should be a "Change" button next to the Storage Space where I can resize it, but there is no such button. How can I resize the Storage Space to use the...
  4. Sudden Space Increase On Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sudden Space Increase On Hard Drive: Hi,I was editing a video when i suddenly noticed that my hard drive's storage went from ~350Gb to 465Gb. I have restarted my PC but its still here, so I'm curious on why this happened. It is not a bad thing at all, I literally wanted to buy a new one as I was running out of...
  5. Sudden Space Increase On Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden Space Increase On Hard Drive: Hi,I was editing a video when i suddenly noticed that my hard drive's storage went from ~350Gb to 465Gb. I have restarted my PC but its still here, so I'm curious on why this happened. It is not a bad thing at all, I literally wanted to buy a new one as I was running out of...
  6. Sudden Space Increase On Hard Drive

7. Sudden Increase in storage

Sudden Increase in storage: Hello My computer has 29.1 GB total storage Thats the maximum you can have . Anyways On December 6 My Gb space was at least 26.9 Gb on December 6. The next Day December 7th My storage suddenly increased by 3 Gb. Nothing has been downloaded nothing is in my temp folder there...
  8. Sudden Increase in storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden Increase in storage: Hello My computer has 29.1 GB total storage Thats the maximum you can have . Anyways On December 6 My Gb space was at least 26.9 Gb on December 6. The next Day December 7th My storage suddenly increased by 3 Gb. Nothing has been downloaded nothing is in my temp folder there...
  9. Sudden Increase in storage

10. Windows 2004 Parity Storage Spaces: Sudden increase in pool usage.

Windows 2004 Parity Storage Spaces: Sudden increase in pool usage.: Hello all, After delaying updating from 1909 until the parity issue was "resolved" a few weeks ago, I allowed my computer to automatically install the 2004 update late last week. Since then the system has been functioning fine until today. I received a notification in the...