Windows 10: One Drive stupidity

Discus and support One Drive stupidity in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; While the latest build is installing on another pc, Iv'e just switched on one of my W10 updated pc's. The first thing that happened was "One Drive must... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tinmar49, Sep 19, 2015.

1. tinmar49 Win User

One Drive stupidity

While the latest build is installing on another pc, Iv'e just switched on one of my W10 updated pc's. The first thing that happened was "One Drive must be updated to continue using it". So I clicked to download it, and when it had finished, it said that I would have to uninstall the current one first as it was a later version than the downloaded one. I must check out One Drive as I don't know if is any use to me or not.*Confused

:)

tinmar49, Sep 19, 2015

2. Chkdsk not working

Running chkdsk on the wrong drive? How woukd i be doing that, i only have one hard drive? Sorry if this is a stupid question, my knowledge is very limited

Novashuffle, Sep 19, 2015
  3. mlgray Win User
    How to switch between recent screens

I'm feeling a little stupid right now, but it was driving me crazy. (I actually thought at one point that shaking the phone had something to do with it. Oh - now I'm feeling more than a litte stupid.)

Thanks for the quick response!

mlgray, Sep 19, 2015
  4. One Drive stupidity

The OneDrive that popped up was likely an installation from the previous Windows you upgraded from.

logicearth, Sep 19, 2015
Thema:

One Drive stupidity

1. One Drive stupidity - Similar Threads - Drive stupidity

2. Removing a file from one drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Removing a file from one drive: I have a free one drive account. I made the mistake of adding my picture folder to one drive. Now I am almost out of space. I want to remove picture folder from one drive. I DO NOT want to remove the pictures from my computer. Since it was a very easy drag and drop solution...
  3. Install windows 10 into new hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install windows 10 into new hard drive: Hi, How do I install windows 10 into new hard drive? Thanks, Joe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-windows-10-into-new-hard-drive/113be997-f406-4a25-b4f3-27585853d53f
  4. have file history drive problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    have file history drive problem: I've been getting a notice about my file history drive being unable to back up. I had to pay for Dell to fix it but the message keeps coming back.my file history is on but it has no drive to go to. I am not a technician so I have no idea how to fix this problem myself....
  5. c drive shows filled after a while i am making portable usb of linux

c drive shows filled after a while i am making portable usb of linux: c drive shows filled after a while I am making portable usb of Linux, my usb drive is empty but c drive is only 2gb left after this portable usb making process halted. so how will I delete all those unwanted files. and I think some storage is reserved for Linux in c...
  6. Hard drive problems?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive problems?: Hello my lenovo loptop ideapad 100-15ISK is suddenly down and im not sure but when windows didn’t load properly and then from then on it had boot problems after that i tried searhing for solutions through automatic repair advanced options cmd method and i type C: or the...
  7. windows 10 not backing up to hard drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    windows 10 not backing up to hard drive: I have a Toshiba hard drive. I can manually copy files to it; it appears on the File Manager as an F drive. Despite trying a number of steps, I cannot get Windows to back up to the drive. I can manually copy and paste files from the PC to the HD and that works. The 'Back Up'...
  8. Lost My Documents on drive D after committing stupid error

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost My Documents on drive D after committing stupid error: Running Windows 10 on a Gigabyte motherboard based tower PC. Have the OS on an SSD and I had mapped "My Documents" to an HDD, assigned drive letter D with volume name "Stores". The install is about 3 years old I stupidly disconnected the HDD with assigned drive letter D and...
  9. Lost folders in drive D after stupid error

Lost folders in drive D after stupid error: Running Windows 10 on a Gigabyte motherboard based tower PC. Have OS on an SSD and I had mapped "My Documents" to an HDD assigned drive letter D with volume name "Stores". I stupidly disconnected the HDD with assigned drive letter D and swapped in another HDD temporarily....
  10. stupid move I know! I disabled the system account on my hard drive..

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    stupid move I know! I disabled the system account on my hard drive..: I don't know why I did it....think I was possessed.... I was in looking at my properties for c drive and I disabled the system group or user, and immediately the computer shut off.... now I cant get back in to enable it..... is there a way to sign back in so I can enable it...