Windows 10: One Drive stupidity

Discus and support One Drive stupidity in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; While the latest build is installing on another pc, Iv'e just switched on one of my W10 updated pc's. The first thing that happened was "One Drive must... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tinmar49, Sep 19, 2015.

1. tinmar49 Win User

One Drive stupidity

While the latest build is installing on another pc, Iv'e just switched on one of my W10 updated pc's. The first thing that happened was "One Drive must be updated to continue using it". So I clicked to download it, and when it had finished, it said that I would have to uninstall the current one first as it was a later version than the downloaded one. I must check out One Drive as I don't know if is any use to me or not.*Confused

:)

tinmar49, Sep 19, 2015

2. Chkdsk not working

Running chkdsk on the wrong drive? How woukd i be doing that, i only have one hard drive? Sorry if this is a stupid question, my knowledge is very limited

Novashuffle, Sep 19, 2015
  3. mlgray Win User
    How to switch between recent screens

I'm feeling a little stupid right now, but it was driving me crazy. (I actually thought at one point that shaking the phone had something to do with it. Oh - now I'm feeling more than a litte stupid.)

Thanks for the quick response!

mlgray, Sep 19, 2015
  4. One Drive stupidity

The OneDrive that popped up was likely an installation from the previous Windows you upgraded from.

logicearth, Sep 19, 2015
Thema:

One Drive stupidity

1. One Drive stupidity - Similar Threads - Drive stupidity

2. My 1TB HDD drive shows only 33 mb of full storage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My 1TB HDD drive shows only 33 mb of full storage: Hi. Like in the topic I tried to insert my 1tb hdd drive back again and it shows up only 33MB of storage, not only in disk managment but everywhere u can search for it. Is there any solution for that? Thanks for replying and have a good day :...
  3. I stupidly optimized the recovery drive in Defragment. Am I good? Is this a cause for concern?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I stupidly optimized the recovery drive in Defragment. Am I good? Is this a cause for concern?: So, I looked at my drives and said "oh, this isn't trimmed!" and optimized it. Now my PC is a bit funky and I'm worried. Am I good? What can I do to fix this without messing up my PC?...
  4. I stupidly optimized the recovery drive in Defragment. Am I good? Is this a cause for concern?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I stupidly optimized the recovery drive in Defragment. Am I good? Is this a cause for concern?: So, I looked at my drives and said "oh, this isn't trimmed!" and optimized it. Now my PC is a bit funky and I'm worried. Am I good? What can I do to fix this without messing up my PC?...
  5. Stupid question?? Can I use an NAS SATA hard drive as my c: system drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stupid question?? Can I use an NAS SATA hard drive as my c: system drive?: That's it. Any reason NOT to use a NAS drive as windows 10 system drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stupid-question-can-i-use-an-nas-sata-hard-drive/7779b78e-2292-44c2-ac22-a2d7d9defbe5
  6. stupidly tried to format a 5t usb drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    stupidly tried to format a 5t usb drive: Hours later and it says 10% done. Can I interrupt it safely and redo it with a quick format? submitted by /u/lumpynose [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g85fp6/stupidly_tried_to_format_a_5t_usb_drive/
  7. Stupidly Deleted Hard Drive Partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stupidly Deleted Hard Drive Partition: Ok, so I stupidly Deleted a 3tb hard drive which has 2 1.5tb partitions. I have done a bit of searching and a large majority only let you recover like 1gb of data being you need to buy, (minitool and lazesoft recovery suite). A fair few people recommend testdisk/Photorec or...
  8. Lost My Documents on drive D after committing stupid error

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost My Documents on drive D after committing stupid error: Running Windows 10 on a Gigabyte motherboard based tower PC. Have the OS on an SSD and I had mapped "My Documents" to an HDD, assigned drive letter D with volume name "Stores". The install is about 3 years old I stupidly disconnected the HDD with assigned drive letter D and...
  9. Lost folders in drive D after stupid error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost folders in drive D after stupid error: Running Windows 10 on a Gigabyte motherboard based tower PC. Have OS on an SSD and I had mapped "My Documents" to an HDD assigned drive letter D with volume name "Stores". I stupidly disconnected the HDD with assigned drive letter D and swapped in another HDD temporarily....
  10. stupid move I know! I disabled the system account on my hard drive..

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    stupid move I know! I disabled the system account on my hard drive..: I don't know why I did it....think I was possessed.... I was in looking at my properties for c drive and I disabled the system group or user, and immediately the computer shut off.... now I cant get back in to enable it..... is there a way to sign back in so I can enable it...