Windows 10: One drive Sync and Backup Problem

Discus and support One drive Sync and Backup Problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am helping an elderly neighbor set up her new HP laptop. She had turned on OneDrive, but ran out of space. I helped her purchase more space 100GB,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MikeTinVA, Jun 30, 2021.

1. MikeTinVA Win User

One drive Sync and Backup Problem

I am helping an elderly neighbor set up her new HP laptop. She had turned on OneDrive, but ran out of space. I helped her purchase more space 100GB, and syncing commenced again. But it did not complete: Only 14 of 16 GB of pictures got synced, and when we turned on picture backup function, it gave us a strange message about an ".conetoc2" file, see attached. I tried to find this file or folder in Pictures to delete it, but could not find it. Very strange.Suggestions?MikeT in VA

:)

MikeTinVA, Jun 30, 2021

2. Unable to sign in to Google Backup and Sync

Hello,
    I am having trouble logging in Google Backup and Sync on one particular Windows 10 PC in my house.
    It started around the April updates.
    All my other PCs could log in to Backup and Sync without problem, but my main PC cannot.
    I tried many methods (registry cleanup, firewall, antivirus, etc.) and even using the ISO to reinstall Windows 10 (still keeping my apps and files) but I still get an "Error Something went wrong. Your account might not have been added" message when I tried to log in on the first step for Backup and Sync after reinstalling the software. When tried to log in with a browser, after all the steps the browser got stuck on a blank page without anyway to proceed.
    I sought support from the Google Drive forum, but the suggestions they gave still did not solve my problem, and then they just gave up. I wonder if anyone here could help me?

Here is the error message (the next button was unresponsive): Imgur: The magic of the Internet
    I checked the log generated by Backup and Sync, and I noticed an error at the end and not sure if it is related: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Here is the post I made on the Google Drive forum: https://productforums.google.com/for...ve/N3ZwAB6-R_c

Thank you

aoironowind, Jun 30, 2021
  3. Adol007 Win User
    Crossfire sync problem

Hello

thank you for all the responses.

I enable vsync in the advanced tab of ccc but it doesn't help.

It's happening now in mass effect 2 which is unreal but it also happens in civilization 4 and pirates(an old game).

I don't think it's my display or a cable because when I don't enable crossfire I never have the problem.

My next step is to change the cards around to see if it's my linked card that's the problem.

Qubit is correct it looks like a video sync problem. Like when the traking is of on a VCR.

Keep the suggestions coming.

Adol007, Jun 30, 2021
  4. Geekoid Win User

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Jun 30, 2021
Thema:

1. One drive Sync and Backup Problem - Similar Threads - drive Sync Backup

2. One Drive Sync Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive Sync Problem: Hi allI'm having a problem with One DriveIn the tray, it's icon has a badge looking like a big red cross.On clicking it, this opens-So I go forward and login to unlock the personal vault.One OTP later, when I finally press enter, this shows up- I try unlocking it at One Drive...
  3. One Drive Sync Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Drive Sync Problem: Hi allI'm having a problem with One DriveIn the tray, it's icon has a badge looking like a big red cross.On clicking it, this opens-So I go forward and login to unlock the personal vault.One OTP later, when I finally press enter, this shows up- I try unlocking it at One Drive...
  4. One Drive Random Sync problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive Random Sync problems: I have been having tremendous problems with OneDrive. I have it set up so that most of my files on OneDrive are not kept locally. There are a few directories that I use regularly which are set to keep locally. Every so often, however I find that my computer grinds to a halt,...
  5. Problem with Backup and Sync

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with Backup and Sync: I uninstalled Backup and Sync from my Surface Pro 7 but the Google Drive folder stayed behind taking up space. When I tried to delete the folder I got a warning stating that it was still syncing with Google Drive. I need to clear that space off my computer because I'm using...
  6. One Drive syncing problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    One Drive syncing problem: Hi Community, My son had a HP laptop which was set up with his personal Microsoft account. This is the same account was used to automatically save all documents, desktop and pictures to OneDrive. We also had to add a free school version of Office 365 from a school...
  7. Backup/sync problems

Backup/sync problems: backup and sync never completes the whole backup. do I need to keep computer running for several days to complete backup? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backupsync-problems/4f49dda3-1abd-477d-a0bb-edbbce4f76b0
  8. One drive sync big problem

One drive sync big problem: Hello, i have come into a problem with one drive ever since i had updated my computer saturday night and when i turned it on, my background was black screen and one drive has been saying "updating files" And Processing changes number hasnt changed at all. Its been stuck at...
  9. One Drive Sync

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    One Drive Sync: I have copied my files form my hard drive to One drive and it says that they are synced , but in actual fact when I check them they are not synced at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-sync/295d9ff5-4af4-4581-a200-2cf0b184575c
  10. One Drive Not Syncing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    One Drive Not Syncing: One drive will no longer s sign in or sync instead it goes into a "Paused" state and I have to manually try to update and sync. one drive. What can I do fix one drive so that it will go back to automatically signing in?...