Windows 10: One drive syncing Documents, Pictures and Desktop automatically

Discus and support One drive syncing Documents, Pictures and Desktop automatically in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I enabled onedrive in my pc windows, as it waqs disabled for some time. Some minutes later onedrive started to sync automatically the folders describes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Wictor Gomes, Dec 10, 2022.

1. One drive syncing Documents, Pictures and Desktop automatically

I enabled onedrive in my pc windows, as it waqs disabled for some time. Some minutes later onedrive started to sync automatically the folders describes above! And worse, it seems that that is no straightforward way to disable this.Total nonsense. They don't even know if I have enough space to perform such operation. And also they don't know if I desired this. Very irresponsible from microsoft team implementing this feature, and causing a lot of inconveniences.

:)

Wictor Gomes, Dec 10, 2022

2. sync icon overlay on documents, pictures etc

Hi I have the latest october build on my PC brand new install.

In one drive I have told it not to sync desktop/documents

However my documents/desktop/picture folder all have a little sync icon on, and every file within them does as well.

I have checked under 'show availability' in the view options and its set to off.

How do I remove these icons, there are very distracting.

Cheers

GarethIrwin1, Dec 10, 2022
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. One drive syncing Documents, Pictures and Desktop automatically

Changing the background in Windows 10 from picture foders created on the hard drive?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open Desktop Background by right clicking on the desktop clicking Personalization

• Click the picture or color that you want to use for your desktop background.

• If the picture you want to use isn't in the list of desktop background pictures, click an item in the Picture location list to see other categories, or click Browse to search for the picture on your computer.
      When you find the picture that you want, double-click it. It will become your desktop background.

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, Dec 10, 2022
Thema:

One drive syncing Documents, Pictures and Desktop automatically

1. One drive syncing Documents, Pictures and Desktop automatically - Similar Threads - drive syncing Documents

2. Onedrive syncing documents desktop and pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive syncing documents desktop and pictures: These were the only files in my one drive and I know it syncs automatically. When this happens I know they all go to there file names by default. If one of these files had malware it would be a risk if it was ran or opened. Does windows open or run any file while setting up...
  3. Onedrive syncing documents desktop and pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive syncing documents desktop and pictures: These were the only files in my one drive and I know it syncs automatically. When this happens I know they all go to there file names by default. If one of these files had malware it would be a risk if it was ran or opened. Does windows open or run any file while setting up...
  4. Documents and One Drive Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents and One Drive Desktop: Hi,Thanks and I know this probably been answered but I apologize for not being able to sort out my issue when bundled with others. So... I get a Documents file folder icon reappearing on my desktop when I restart my computer - I can delete it but it reappears. its file name...
  5. Documents and One Drive Desktop

Documents and One Drive Desktop: Hi,Thanks and I know this probably been answered but I apologize for not being able to sort out my issue when bundled with others. So... I get a Documents file folder icon reappearing on my desktop when I restart my computer - I can delete it but it reappears. its file name...
  6. One drive syncing Documents, Pictures and Desktop automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive syncing Documents, Pictures and Desktop automatically: I enabled onedrive in my pc windows, as it waqs disabled for some time. Some minutes later onedrive started to sync automatically the folders describes above! And worse, it seems that that is no straightforward way to disable this.Total nonsense. They don't even know if I...
  7. One drive syncing Documents, Pictures and Desktop automatically

One drive syncing Documents, Pictures and Desktop automatically: I enabled onedrive in my pc windows, as it waqs disabled for some time. Some minutes later onedrive started to sync automatically the folders describes above! And worse, it seems that that is no straightforward way to disable this.Total nonsense. They don't even know if I...
  8. Stop Syncing Desktop, Documents and Pictures with Onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stop Syncing Desktop, Documents and Pictures with Onedrive: I have searched but cannot find an issue to my problem. I purchased a new computer, set up Windows 10, and now my Desktop, Documents and Pictures folders are syncing to onedrive. My Documents folder is far too large to sync, and I refuse to buy additional storage that I...
  9. Documents,Pictures,Desktop file location connected to one drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents,Pictures,Desktop file location connected to one drive: Hello i am wondering if i get some incite on my issues, firstly i do not use onedrive always preferred other cloud services. My location of Documents,Pictures,Desktop are c/user/name/onedrive from going into my user folder i see a folder called onedrive inside including...
  10. Sync a folder not in Documents to One Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Sync a folder not in Documents to One Drive: I have a folder not in my user/documents folder that I would like to sync to One Drive. So far, I've not been able to figure out how to do that. Actually the folder is not on the C: drive but on D:. I really need some help. Thank you. 89308