Windows 10: One Drive syncing problem

Discus and support One Drive syncing problem in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi Community, My son had a HP laptop which was set up with his personal Microsoft account. This is the same account was used to automatically save... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BlakeGowing, Jul 21, 2020.

1. One Drive syncing problem

Hi Community,

My son had a HP laptop which was set up with his personal Microsoft account. This is the same account was used to automatically save all documents, desktop and pictures to OneDrive.

We also had to add a free school version of Office 365 from a school account, which means he can auto save office documemts and use outlook etc for school.

That laptop broke, and I signed into my computer and recovered all his work using the personal microsoft login.

We now have another laptop, using the same personal microsoft login, and it doesn't save any desktop, documents or pictures on OneDrive - it only shows the old stuff, from the old laptop.

I have tried:

- Resetting OneDrive

- Removing the old device from my Microsoft account

The only other anomaly I can see are:

In general Settings, under Accounts, it says "sync is not available for your account" - some fixes from the community were to remove his school login from the 'Access Work or School' accounts, but this switches off any networking/saving abilities with the school.

I'm wondering if the old laptop is still 'logged in' and that's why it's only saving those folders on OneDrive. Is there a way to unlink that old laptop - it has been returned to HP with no working hard drive.....

Thanks!

:)

BlakeGowing, Jul 21, 2020
  2. Adol007 Win User

Crossfire sync problem

Hello

thank you for all the responses.

I enable vsync in the advanced tab of ccc but it doesn't help.

It's happening now in mass effect 2 which is unreal but it also happens in civilization 4 and pirates(an old game).

I don't think it's my display or a cable because when I don't enable crossfire I never have the problem.

My next step is to change the cards around to see if it's my linked card that's the problem.

Qubit is correct it looks like a video sync problem. Like when the traking is of on a VCR.

Keep the suggestions coming.

Adol007, Jul 21, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    one drive sync

Hi Dan,

Corrupted files may be the possible cause reason why files/folders were not syncing. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Could you tell us if you've made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages when you tried to sync a file/folder?
    • Which version of Office are you using?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot your OneDrive files/folders to sync properly.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 21, 2020
  4. One Drive syncing problem

Sync issue with One Drive

When I put my One Drive App on my PC to sync automatically, I am not able to open any other web pages as if the internet connection is getting throttled and it just stops working until I pause the syncing of one drive. When I try to select the folders to
    sync the One Drive App displays the message that 'It cannot save the changes as the syncing is not complete with one drive.

Please, somebody, suggest a solution to this problem.

Saagr Bhaydhe, Jul 21, 2020
Thema:

One Drive syncing problem

1. One Drive syncing problem - Similar Threads - Drive syncing problem

2. One Drive Sync Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive Sync Problem: Hi allI'm having a problem with One DriveIn the tray, it's icon has a badge looking like a big red cross.On clicking it, this opens-So I go forward and login to unlock the personal vault.One OTP later, when I finally press enter, this shows up- I try unlocking it at One Drive...
  3. One Drive Sync Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Drive Sync Problem: Hi allI'm having a problem with One DriveIn the tray, it's icon has a badge looking like a big red cross.On clicking it, this opens-So I go forward and login to unlock the personal vault.One OTP later, when I finally press enter, this shows up- I try unlocking it at One Drive...
  4. one drive not syncing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    one drive not syncing: my one drive icon in the task bar shows that I have four files not syncing to one drive. It says i don't have permission to access the files. any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-not-syncing/f31768c3-944a-447a-8574-ced67c57942d
  5. One drive Sync and Backup Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One drive Sync and Backup Problem: I am helping an elderly neighbor set up her new HP laptop. She had turned on OneDrive, but ran out of space. I helped her purchase more space 100GB, and syncing commenced again. But it did not complete: Only 14 of 16 GB of pictures got synced, and when we turned on picture...
  6. One Drive Random Sync problems

One Drive Random Sync problems: I have been having tremendous problems with OneDrive. I have it set up so that most of my files on OneDrive are not kept locally. There are a few directories that I use regularly which are set to keep locally. Every so often, however I find that my computer grinds to a halt,...
  7. One drive sync big problem

One drive sync big problem: Hello, i have come into a problem with one drive ever since i had updated my computer saturday night and when i turned it on, my background was black screen and one drive has been saying "updating files" And Processing changes number hasnt changed at all. Its been stuck at...
  8. one drive sync

one drive sync: I just set up one drive on my pc to back up my files. Setup asked if I wanted to sync my pictures, so I chose yes. It started syncing pics and movies that do not belong to me. Its some guy on a hunting trip!?! Whats up with that?...
  9. One Drive Sync

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    One Drive Sync: I have one drive and I have copied folders into but I'm just looking for some advice on how to sync these folders so that they automatic save into my one drive. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-sync/2b386576-2975-40d3-a77b-537b0759a0ff
  10. one drive sync

in Windows 10 Customization
    one drive sync: Hello! i am having problem after the update of windows 10. my one drive will not sync and all the screenshots on my one drive cannot be viewed anymore. i tried troubleshooting. however, i was not able to find solutions to it. it says "There was a problem signing you in"...