Windows 10: one drive system tray icon not working

Discus and support one drive system tray icon not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; why is my personal one drive system tray pop up now blank, it used to list current activity and sync data.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jamie King-Eng, Sep 25, 2020.

1. one drive system tray icon not working

why is my personal one drive system tray pop up now blank, it used to list current activity and sync data.

:)

Jamie King-Eng, Sep 25, 2020
  2. JJG10 Win User

One Drive Icon Missing From System Tray

I have been having some weird problem with One Drive and have received several suggestions to look at the settings of One Drive by right clicking on the System Tray One Drive icon. That icon is not in the System Tray. How do I find it?

Thank you.

JJG10, Sep 25, 2020
  3. JJG10 Win User
    One Drive Icon Missing From System Tray

Eureka! Finally tried uninstalling and reinstalling OneDrive and now cloudy skies are now serene.

JJG10, Sep 25, 2020
  4. one drive system tray icon not working

USB Drives plugged in but No Safely Remove Icon in Tray, and

....no drives listed in Hardware List.

When I plug USB drives in, the Safely Remove Hardware icon does not appear in in system tray (its not hidden either)

First, I went to Settings > Personalization > Taskbar > Select which Icons Appear on the Taskbar...

one drive system tray icon not working [​IMG]

.. and found it was already on

Next I tried using the solution in this post...

Solved No safely remove icon in tray any more after Windows 10 Anniversary up - Windows 10 Forums

...making a shortcut from "rundll32 shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL hotplug.dll", but when I run the shortcut, there are no devices listed...

one drive system tray icon not working [​IMG]

(in this screenshot, you can see two USB drives in the Explorer window in the BG but nothing listed in the panel. )

NOTE: They are listed in Disk Management and in the Device Manager under Disk Drives, and they function just fine..
    I think the Safely Remove Hardware icon is not appearing because despite being detected and showing in Explorer, Device Manager and Disk Management, its not being listed in this panel for some reason.

NOTE2: I recently installed a new motherboard.

ASUS B150M-A
    CPU Intel Core i5 - 6500 (3.2 GHz)
    Mem 4096 MB (DDR4 - 2133)

I am 100% sure it was working before that, but I cannot say for sure if it was still working after that.
    A friend suggested that it might be a setting in BIOS, but I have looked through it and nothing stands out.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

ETA: this is not the system listed in my System Specs page. That is another computer which I still have.

smartcooky, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

one drive system tray icon not working

1. one drive system tray icon not working - Similar Threads - drive system tray

2. Some icons in system tray are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some icons in system tray are not working: Some icons in system tray are not working. When you click them the app or function will respond and close only. If you toggle the on WIFI for sample, it will on then immediately turns off. Same goes when you click on the battery icon it will show you its window then...
  3. Some icons in system tray are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some icons in system tray are not working: Some icons in system tray are not working. When you click them the app or function will respond and close only. If you toggle the on WIFI for sample, it will on then immediately turns off. Same goes when you click on the battery icon it will show you its window then...
  4. Some icons in system tray are not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. One drive doesn't show notification system tray

One drive doesn't show notification system tray: System tray doesn't show my one drive it doesn't even show any notification all the folder from one drive is coming from different computer. Indeed to fix this issue...
  6. one drive doesn't show notification system tray

one drive doesn't show notification system tray: System tray doesn't show my one drive, it even doesn't show on notification list. Also the folders showing on the one drive is coming from different computer. I need fix on this issue, please help....
  7. one drive doesn't show notification system tray

one drive doesn't show notification system tray: System tray doesn't show my one drive, it even doesn't show on notification list. Also the folders showing on the one drive is coming from different computer. I need fix on this issue, please help....
  8. System Tray Icon

System Tray Icon: I have a vision problem and the Safely Remove Icon is very hard for me to see. I would like to change the icon to something more visible. I can't seem to find it in the registry. Thank you....
  9. system tray icons

system tray icons: I received an update to Win 10 and ever since the update, I am only able to see two icons on the system tray at the same time. For example, I now have the speaker icon and the wifi "fan" icon on the system tray. I would like to also have the battery icon on like I've always...
  10. One Drive Icon Missing From System Tray

in Windows 10 Support
    One Drive Icon Missing From System Tray: I have been having some weird problem with One Drive and have received several suggestions to look at the settings of One Drive by right clicking on the System Tray One Drive icon. That icon is not in the System Tray. How do I find it? Thank you. 21870