Windows 10: One drive Uploading

Discus and support One drive Uploading in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, so basically I've had my new Microsoft computer for about a week now and it is now telling me that my One Drive photo and file saving and uploading... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JessHall1, Nov 14, 2018.

1. JessHall1 Win User

One drive Uploading

Hi, so basically I've had my new Microsoft computer for about a week now and it is now telling me that my One Drive photo and file saving and uploading thingo is full. As I use other methods to save and keep my files in a cloud through my school I don't plan on buying a set Onedrive plan or more storage in Onedrive. So I was wondering how I simply change my settings so that my documents aren't automatically uploading to Onedrive and they are just on my computer which is windows 10 by the way if that helps One drive Uploading :))))

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks One drive Uploading :)

:)

JessHall1, Nov 14, 2018
  2. W1zzard Win User

Increase image file upload size cap

that's a good idea

W1zzard, Nov 14, 2018
  3. little cat, Nov 14, 2018
  4. Aquinus Win User

One drive Uploading

Increase image file upload size cap

Okay, first off, people need to learn to calm down. That includes the OP and everyone replying. I would consider this a very legitimate concern he raises and I'll explain why and what I would suggest to fix it to address all the concerns brought up.

I see three sides to this.
    • OneMoar wants to upload bigger files. Generally speaking, most users are lazy so this is a valid concern from a usability standpoint. While I do believe there should be an upload limit, there should be a separate storage limit.
    • Concern with bandwidth: I suspect that uploading images is a relatively small amount of bandwidth and that serving up said images is much more costly. So that would put emphasis on getting not putting if bandwidth is a concern.
    • Storage, a very real concern because a lot of images adds up quickly which adds a need to efficiently store said images.
    So my suggestion (assuming W1zz wanted to do this out of kindness of his heart,) is this:
    • Increase upload limit to 10-20MB max.
    • Institute a storage limit of 2-5MB max.
    • Use PHP's GD library to convert uploaded images to JPEG or PNG.
      • PNGs tend to look nicer than JPEGs, but use more space. Probably preferable for smaller images or images requiring transparency.
      • JPEG tends to be very flexible when it comes to quality and the amount of compression. PHP's GD lib gives you control over this.
    So long as the image is uploaded in a format GD can read which includes most commonly used formats, it may not be unrealistic to re-store it in a different format. It's also not unrealistic to use GD to scale the image as well.

I've used GD before and it's relatively easy to use and is relatively quick with respect to performance. I would be willing to write up some examples with respect to how to do it if it were welcomed.

Side note: I see a watermark, GD might be getting used already so this might not be a stretch if the CPU cycles are there to spare.

Aquinus, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

One drive Uploading

1. One drive Uploading - Similar Threads - drive Uploading

2. One Drive stuck in "Preparing to upload" loop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive stuck in "Preparing to upload" loop.: One Drive is stuck in the "Preparing to upload" loop. Tried everything - install uninstall turn on turn off able/disable the service. Read through a lot of forums for solutions. Noting. Preparing to upload. This si for Win 11. On win 10 no problem. After 10+ years of Win it...
  3. One Drive stuck in "Preparing to upload" loop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Drive stuck in "Preparing to upload" loop.: One Drive is stuck in the "Preparing to upload" loop. Tried everything - install uninstall turn on turn off able/disable the service. Read through a lot of forums for solutions. Noting. Preparing to upload. This si for Win 11. On win 10 no problem. After 10+ years of Win it...
  4. how to stop one drive from uploading all files on PC

how to stop one drive from uploading all files on PC: Hello there,want to stop 1drive from uploading all files on my computer and only upload certain files, have tried selecting only the files i want to save to 1drive, but when i do all others files disappear. i then have to go back in and click all files and restart computer to...
  5. how to stop one drive from uploading all files on PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to stop one drive from uploading all files on PC: Hello there,want to stop 1drive from uploading all files on my computer and only upload certain files, have tried selecting only the files i want to save to 1drive, but when i do all others files disappear. i then have to go back in and click all files and restart computer to...
  6. how to stop one drive from uploading all files on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. How can I remove my photos from my phone storage after I've uploaded them to one drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove my photos from my phone storage after I've uploaded them to one drive?: How can I remove photos from my phone storage gallery after I've uploaded them to my one drive?I've got a Samsung Galaxy S20 and I've done it several times before so where I can still see the thumbnail in my gallery and I just download it from one drive if I want to view it...
  8. How can I remove my photos from my phone storage after I've uploaded them to one drive?

How can I remove my photos from my phone storage after I've uploaded them to one drive?: How can I remove photos from my phone storage gallery after I've uploaded them to my one drive?I've got a Samsung Galaxy S20 and I've done it several times before so where I can still see the thumbnail in my gallery and I just download it from one drive if I want to view it...
  9. How can I remove my photos from my phone storage after I've uploaded them to one drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. When uploading files via Android to One Drive it's saying my uploads are paused. How can I...

When uploading files via Android to One Drive it's saying my uploads are paused. How can I...: When uploading files via Android to One Drive it's saying my uploads are paused. How can I remedy this problem?Android https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-uploading-files-via-android-to-one-drive-its/90ac2332-28ff-4303-9b06-b38967e39e31

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uploading to one drive automatic hp pavilion