Windows 10: One Drive Uses SSD Space

Discus and support One Drive Uses SSD Space in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I noticed that my free space on my SSD has gotten really low, and when I checked in my settings I saw that the largest block of used space was taken up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Matt9971, May 13, 2019.

1. Matt9971 Win User

One Drive Uses SSD Space

I noticed that my free space on my SSD has gotten really low, and when I checked in my settings I saw that the largest block of used space was taken up by OneDrive. Can anyone tell me why OneDrive is using space on my PC's SSD?

:)

Matt9971, May 13, 2019

2. Lost space of Pen Drive

Hello,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

• Have you tried connecting to a different computer?
    I suggest you to connect the USB flash drive to a different computer and check.

First back up all the data from your USB drive to another location.

I suggest you to connect the USB flash drive to a different computer and check.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to refresh the drive letter and then try to rescan the drives that are connect to the computer and check.

To refresh drive letter:

• Open Computer Management (Local).
    • In the console tree, click Computer Management (Local), click
      Storage, and then click Disk Management.
    • Click Action, and then click Refresh.
    • Once you have refreshed connect the new zip drive and to update hardware information, click Rescan Disks instead.
    Step 2: For unallocated space on USB drive

• Press the Windows key, and type Diskpart.

• Click the result to open the DiskPart command prompt window.

• In the command prompt window, type list disk and hit Enter.

• The removable USB drive or hard disk will be shown under
      Disk 1.

• Type in the following commands and hit Enter.
    select disk 1

Clean

create partition primary

• The first command selects your removable USB drive.

• The Clean command deletes all the current partitions present on the USB drive.

• The Create primary partition creates a fresh partition and allocates all the unallocated space on this fresh partition.

• Type Exit to close the command prompt window.

• Unplug your USB drive and plug it back again.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, May 13, 2019
  3. SSD space

Thank you all for your suggestions. What I ended up doing was to insert my USB drive with the Fall Creator's update and reinstall over windows keeping all of my settings. After that my SSD which is my C drive had
    the total amount of space used down from 107GB of 250 to 51.7GB. Plus the December update that was causing all my problems and not installing, was installed.

lelandaholland, May 13, 2019
  4. One Drive Uses SSD Space

SSD space

Thank you all for your suggestions. What I ended up doing was to insert my USB drive with the Fall Creator's update and reinstall over windows keeping all of my settings. After that my SSD which is my C drive had
    the total amount of space used down from 107GB of 250 to 51.7GB. Plus the December update that was causing all my problems and not installing, was installed.

lelandaholland, May 13, 2019
Thema:

One Drive Uses SSD Space

1. One Drive Uses SSD Space - Similar Threads - Drive Uses SSD

2. SSD partitions : divided space on this drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD partitions : divided space on this drive.: I'll post two images before and after. ssd Before : After : I want to restore previous state of this SSD ; as shown in first picture. So I can have more space for software , etc . 179755
  3. One Drive - out of space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive - out of space: Our onedrive ran out of space. We bought more space 1TB option 2 days ago and still get that our onedrive is full and has 2,650 synch errors. When will we get our additional space and how do we start using it?...
  4. One Drive using computer disk space

One Drive using computer disk space: When I save a picture from my PC to One Drive, One Drive also makes a copy of the file on my PC under the Users directory. This has used up all the memory on my C Drive, and also limited the space available to me on my One Drive folder. If I delete a file in the one drive...
  5. Problems with the SSD and One Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with the SSD and One Drive: Hello, i have a problem with the OS installed on the SSD. Every day i see that i lose space in it somehow, i dont install nothing there and the programs and games are all on the HDD, what can be the problem? second question, is there a method to change the place of One Drive?...
  6. SSD Not displaying Used Space/Free Space, other ssd shows fine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD Not displaying Used Space/Free Space, other ssd shows fine: Im running Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909. See Attached Image My E: Drive is a Western Digital SN750 1TB M.2 SSD. It does not display the Free Space/Total Space like the other SSD/Partitions C: or D: [img] Can someone tell me how to fix this? - - - Updated - - -...
  7. SSD Not displaying Used Space/Free Space, other ssd shows fine

in Windows 10 Support
    SSD Not displaying Used Space/Free Space, other ssd shows fine: Im running Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909. See Attached Image My E: Drive is a Western Digital SN750 1TB M.2 SSD. It does not display the Free Space/Total Space like the other SSD/Partitions C: or D: [img] Can someone tell me how to fix this? - - - Updated - - -...
  8. Making space in One Drive

Making space in One Drive: How to move a notebook from One Note in One Drive to a DVD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/making-space-in-one-drive/5d10383d-e7e1-4d76-8373-ea12cf99d2b8
  9. One Drive Storage Space used Suddenly increasing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Drive Storage Space used Suddenly increasing?: I went to bed last night with my One Drive storage space 80% used. I turn on my computer this afternoon and somehow my storage space being used has leapt to 92%! I've been deleting photos, and old files, but the amount of storage spaced being used isn't going down! I'm at my...
  10. SSD drive used space inconsistency

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SSD drive used space inconsistency: I have Samsung nvme m2 evo disk as a system drive (GPT, NTFS). All the files on the disk including pagefile hyberfile etc take about 106GB on the disk. Yet, Win 10 shows that used space is 341GB. Can you advise wth did more than 200GB of space go? :)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does one drive use ssd space