Windows 10: One Drive-Windows 10 - I want it gone!

Discus and support One Drive-Windows 10 - I want it gone! in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I just bought my Lenovo desktop and One Drive was activated. I don't know diddly about. It's backing up things, red Xs everywhere, syncing, I have dual... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by TheBigBuscemi, Jan 4, 2020.

1. One Drive-Windows 10 - I want it gone!

I just bought my Lenovo desktop and One Drive was activated. I don't know diddly about. It's backing up things, red Xs everywhere, syncing, I have dual folders and files, etc. I do not like it and I would like to do the following:

*Retrieve or delete all of the files that were backed up on it;

**Eliminate One Drive completely!

*No backups or anything to backup my computer. I have Drop Box and software to do my backups. Microsoft can't seem to make anything easy.

I just want the standard C drive without any backup software except what I want to install.

Please help this is driving me nuts looking at and trying to find my files.

Specs and screen shot available.

:)

TheBigBuscemi, Jan 4, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 4, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jan 4, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

One Drive-Windows 10 - I want it gone!

Delta6326, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

One Drive-Windows 10 - I want it gone!

1. One Drive-Windows 10 - I want it gone! - Similar Threads - Drive gone

2. DVD/CD-rom drives completely gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DVD/CD-rom drives completely gone: I'll try to keep it short. Sorry if I don't explain it well. I can give more detail in the comments. I was using the drive, went through multiple discs, then it was suddenly gone from the Windows Explorer tab and the PC window. I saw online to uninstall the dvd/cd-rom...
  3. drive c gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    drive c gone: drive c gone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-c-gone/3e05d690-d082-4098-8422-7d3044e3c2e6
  4. Hard Drive Gone Missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard Drive Gone Missing: One of my secondary hard drives went missing this morning. Been using it for more than a year on this Desktop PC. Opened Disk Management expecting it just had to be reestablished, which has happened before, but it wasn't there. Rescan didn't help. Can you?...
  5. DVD drive on hp pavilion p7-1410 gone after latest update, no fixes worked so far who do i sue?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD drive on hp pavilion p7-1410 gone after latest update, no fixes worked so far who do i sue?: So I have a mostly stock p7-1410 hp pavilion upgraded the ram and graphics card so win10 runs smooth and all fixes have not worked so far my work requires I have a disk drive and if i have to buy an external one I am going to court for hours lost and the cost of buying one I...
  6. Updated Windows. External Drive Unallocated. Are my files gone forever?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Updated Windows. External Drive Unallocated. Are my files gone forever?: I updated windows 10 and windows defender (?) on my mom's laptop on Thursday 8.15.2019. It needed more space to dump the old stuff so I hooked up my external drive (that had about 800 GB free space on it) to give it some help. Today, 8.19.2019, I plugged my drive at work and...
  7. one drive is gone

one drive is gone: i've lost my one drive. about a month ago i could no longer see my pictures after clicking on one drive. only yellow folders. perhaps this happened after an update? Now i might be rubbing microsoft the wrong way but i don't care. i'm not a pc expert but EDGE, was burning a...
  8. My pictures are gone from one drive

My pictures are gone from one drive: I used to have sll my pictures in one drive. They disappeared snd now i cant see one drive where it was . Itx gone too. Sll this happened bc i switched to firefox and that i believe is shst micro foesnt want us to do!! Edge was burning up my fan and i have no viruses. I...
  9. D Drive and Download Folder Gone

D Drive and Download Folder Gone: After a recent Windows 10 update my D Drive disappeared, and with it all folders and files stored under 'Downloads' (on my C drive). I use a DELL XPS13 laptop. The files are rather important in nature (work), and I would love to recover them. I tried to run a recovery...
  10. Hard drive activation gone horribly wrong

Hard drive activation gone horribly wrong: I accidentally made a secondary hdd (not my mai one) active. the storage of that hdd has now gone down to 244gb and shows no files??? is there any way i can reverse all of this??...