Windows 10: One Drive-Windows 10 - I want it gone!

Discus and support One Drive-Windows 10 - I want it gone! in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I just bought my Lenovo desktop and One Drive was activated. I don't know diddly about. It's backing up things, red Xs everywhere, syncing, I have dual... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by TheBigBuscemi, Jan 4, 2020.

1. One Drive-Windows 10 - I want it gone!

I just bought my Lenovo desktop and One Drive was activated. I don't know diddly about. It's backing up things, red Xs everywhere, syncing, I have dual folders and files, etc. I do not like it and I would like to do the following:

*Retrieve or delete all of the files that were backed up on it;

**Eliminate One Drive completely!

*No backups or anything to backup my computer. I have Drop Box and software to do my backups. Microsoft can't seem to make anything easy.

I just want the standard C drive without any backup software except what I want to install.

Please help this is driving me nuts looking at and trying to find my files.

Specs and screen shot available.

:)

TheBigBuscemi, Jan 4, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 4, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jan 4, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

One Drive-Windows 10 - I want it gone!

Delta6326, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

One Drive-Windows 10 - I want it gone!

1. One Drive-Windows 10 - I want it gone! - Similar Threads - Drive gone

2. Reset my PC and choose Remove Everything, my data in drive D has gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset my PC and choose Remove Everything, my data in drive D has gone: Hi, I tried to reinstall Windows 11 by reset my PC and choose 'Remove Everything' then choose 'only the drive where Windows is installed' which is drive C but when it is completed , all my the data in drive D is gone.How can I recover my files? Pls help.....
  3. Reset my PC and choose Remove Everything, my data in drive D has gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset my PC and choose Remove Everything, my data in drive D has gone: Hi, I tried to reinstall Windows 11 by reset my PC and choose 'Remove Everything' then choose 'only the drive where Windows is installed' which is drive C but when it is completed , all my the data in drive D is gone.How can I recover my files? Pls help.....
  4. Drive gone from c to x.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive gone from c to x.: Did a system restore and could not get into my laptop C;drive and the drive showed as x:. Tried the automatic help but was no use, just kept looping. Any ideas please, and note I'm not a PC expert. Thx Tony...
  5. Drive gone from c to x.

Drive gone from c to x.: Did a system restore and could not get into my laptop C;drive and the drive showed as x:. Tried the automatic help but was no use, just kept looping. Any ideas please, and note I'm not a PC expert. Thx Tony...
  6. ONE DRIVE IS FULL. IT DELETED MY DESKTOP ICONS. I WANT MY FILES BACK AND ONE DRIVE GONE...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ONE DRIVE IS FULL. IT DELETED MY DESKTOP ICONS. I WANT MY FILES BACK AND ONE DRIVE GONE...: ONE DRIVE IS FULL. IT DELETED MY DESKTOP ICONS. I WANT MY FILES BACK AND ONE DRIVE GONE FROM MY LIFE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-is-full-it-deleted-my-desktop-icons-i/434a60bc-551a-4fb0-8202-20e7c4900d85
  7. ONE DRIVE IS FULL. IT DELETED MY DESKTOP ICONS. I WANT MY FILES BACK AND ONE DRIVE GONE...

ONE DRIVE IS FULL. IT DELETED MY DESKTOP ICONS. I WANT MY FILES BACK AND ONE DRIVE GONE...: ONE DRIVE IS FULL. IT DELETED MY DESKTOP ICONS. I WANT MY FILES BACK AND ONE DRIVE GONE FROM MY LIFE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-is-full-it-deleted-my-desktop-icons-i/434a60bc-551a-4fb0-8202-20e7c4900d85
  8. C-Drive free space almost gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C-Drive free space almost gone: On February 4 and again today, February 8th four files? with the extension of .etl have materialized on my C-Drive and have reduced my free space from approximately 700 GB down to 50 GB.I don't know how or why this has happened but how do I get rid of this? A hour ago the...
  9. C-Drive free space almost gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C-Drive free space almost gone: On February 4 and again today, February 8th four files? with the extension of .etl have materialized on my C-Drive and have reduced my free space from approximately 700 GB down to 50 GB.I don't know how or why this has happened but how do I get rid of this? A hour ago the...
  10. C-Drive free space almost gone