Windows 10: One drive/windows updates

Discus and support One drive/windows updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why, on earth, every PC start, I need to answer all update questions, remap OneDrive folders, why do you map my local folders into OneDrive, so there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sergpp, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Sergpp Win User

One drive/windows updates

Why, on earth, every PC start, I need to answer all update questions, remap OneDrive folders, why do you map my local folders into OneDrive, so there is no space in it??????? If I delete one drive folders, I will loose all my files, thatI did not put there!! Why do you do it for me????? Why?

Are you serious? DONT TOUCH MY FILES, useless optimizations, do not touch my files!

I bought the windows, stop asking me a questions, my PC is my PC, not yours, stop doing it. If I'll have a problemI will ask you. Simple as that.

Thank you for you cooperation

:)

Sergpp, Nov 22, 2020
  2. little cat, Nov 22, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond One drive/windows updates :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 22, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

1. One drive/windows updates - Similar Threads - drive updates

2. Ever since large Windows 10 update, "Safely Remove Drive" doesn't show drive name only the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ever since large Windows 10 update, "Safely Remove Drive" doesn't show drive name only the...: Prior to a major Windows 10 update a couple of weeks ago, when I would go so Safely Remove one of my attached hard drives, it would show me the Factory Hardware Name of the Drive Seagate Drive, for example and the name that I had given the drive PCBackUp or iTunes. That way...
  3. network drive does not connect on start up since recent update.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network drive does not connect on start up since recent update.: windows 10 desktop network drive connected to asus router does not connect on start up since recent update. other windows 10 laptop connects OK on same network....
  4. Custom windows image ( updates and drives and programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom windows image ( updates and drives and programs: Is there a software I can use to create an image and automatically start updating drivers Also will like to add programs into it Thank you submitted by /u/N8DZN [link] [comments]...
  5. Latest cumulative update 01/12/2020 removed the file system from my C: drive - SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest cumulative update 01/12/2020 removed the file system from my C: drive - SSD: I ran the update last night and it bricked my device. Asus B-121 tablet running Windows Pro 10 20H2. Got into a recovery USB stick, ran diskpart and the file system on the C: drive partition is labeled as RAW. Volume # ltr label Fs Type size...
  6. HP M2C00UA#ABA Hard Drive Failure After Windows Update

HP M2C00UA#ABA Hard Drive Failure After Windows Update: So the story goes i was streaming a concert on Twitch on Friday November 27th and my PC was fine. I have an HP model M2C00UA#ABA. At midnight Windows 10 had some update so i said sure install and reboot. The computer never came back online. The BIOS is read but when it...
  7. Hard drive not recognized since Windows update

Hard drive not recognized since Windows update: Since the latest Windows 10 update, my laptop isn't detecting my Seagate hard drive. I tried using a new connector and using my dad's hard drive to make sure it wasn't a problem with the hard drive itself. Any ideas on how to fix this?...
  8. Lack of storage Drive C when trying to update

Lack of storage Drive C when trying to update: When trying to update windows 10 i'm informed lack of space . I tried connecting thumb drive for space needed computer is not giving that option. what now? * Moved from Community Participation Center * Original title: lack of storage Drive C...
  9. Mapped Drives disconnecting on restart since Windows 10 update

Mapped Drives disconnecting on restart since Windows 10 update: I run a NAS drive which I map as a Z drive on my laptop. Since a Windows 10 update probably in September the mapped drive disconnects after every restart, even though it's created with the 'reconnect at sign in' option selected. This is a real pain and I can't understand...
  10. has anybody kept losing their DVD drives or external DVD drives since 2004 update

has anybody kept losing their DVD drives or external DVD drives since 2004 update: has anybody kept losing their DVD drives or external DVD I don't know if its since the lastest version that I keep getting registry corruption messages, I uninstall them restart and they work only to drop off again. First my laptop DVD so I tried my ext DVD and ext...