Windows 10: one easy solution to fix losing admin account and having only guest account

Discus and support one easy solution to fix losing admin account and having only guest account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, So I recently found that often I got asked how to change a guest account(being its the only account on the computer) to an Admin account or a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Nowlin99, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Nowlin99 Win User

one easy solution to fix losing admin account and having only guest account

Hello,

So I recently found that often I got asked how to change a guest account(being its the only account on the computer) to an Admin account or a way to work around it so you can restore your admin privileges that you no longer have. (their are so many ways to fix but most require admin privileges which if your reading this you know you cant seem to change)

obviously if your admin account got changed accidentally (like I did once) to a guest account and now you cant do anything to make changes to fix it, my simple, but viable solution is to check if your computer has a fairly recent system restore point. This was the only way I found to effectively reverse this terrible fate quickly and easily. it works really well though.

Take a picture of these instructions or have them up on another device before proceeding

**Forewarning this will only help you if your computer has made, or you have set a system restore point at some point in time**

Windows 10 solution:

Step 1: Restart computer holding down the shift key as you click on restart (hold shift until a blue screen appears with options)

Step 2: if done correctly their will be a blue screen that shows up with options to troubleshoot etc.. click on troubleshoot

Step 3: click on the system restore point option in the listed options, then all you have to do is follow the instructions. The system restore wizard guides you through it.

Step 4: if you have a restore point it will show up in the list as the most recent with a date and time. If you select it it will restore your computer to where it was right at that moment in time, hopefully recently but before you accidentally changed your account admin privileges.

Step 5: If nothing shows please be sure to double check and click the blue link below that says show all restore points just in case.

If you have a restore point great! you can resolve your whole problem by letting it restore to that point you choose.

If their is no restore point active you may want to try restoring computer system image from either a backup drive or external source if you have made one.

Hope this helps!

Best wishes,

That One Guy

:)

Nowlin99, Oct 8, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

How to remove Guest account?

Try these steps and you should be able to delete the guest account:
    1. Press the WIN + X keys and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" from the Quick Access menu.
    2. At the Command Prompt, run this command: Code:
      Code:
      net user Guest /del

Vesao, Oct 8, 2018
  3. tsram90 Win User
    How to remove Guest account?

Try these steps and you should be able to disable the guest account:

1. Press the WIN + X keys and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" from the Quick Access menu.
    2. At the Command Prompt, run this command:

Code:

tsram90, Oct 8, 2018
  4. RawanS139 Win User

Windows 10 - Guest Account

I have the same problem, but the solution you proposed didn't work.

RawanS139, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

1. one easy solution to fix losing admin account and having only guest account - Similar Threads - easy solution fix

2. How can I change the type account if I only have one guest account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change the type account if I only have one guest account?: I use the command "net user "Administrator" /active:yes" to perform a task, and then I use "net user "Administrator" /active:no," but the Administrator does not delete, so I somehow delete it and sign in with the main account that was the administrator in the past, but is now...
  3. How can I change the type account if I only have one guest account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I change the type account if I only have one guest account?: I use the command "net user "Administrator" /active:yes" to perform a task, and then I use "net user "Administrator" /active:no," but the Administrator does not delete, so I somehow delete it and sign in with the main account that was the administrator in the past, but is now...
  4. Can anyone help me, my only account is not an admin but a guest!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can anyone help me, my only account is not an admin but a guest!: Device name Windows 11 Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5500U with Radeon Graphics 2.10 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.39 GB usable Device ID 086F20EE-9E3D-425B-9D38-440BC1797268 Product ID 00330-80000-00000-AA075 System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch No...
  5. Can anyone help me, my only account is not an admin but a guest!

Can anyone help me, my only account is not an admin but a guest!: Device name Windows 11 Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5500U with Radeon Graphics 2.10 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.39 GB usable Device ID 086F20EE-9E3D-425B-9D38-440BC1797268 Product ID 00330-80000-00000-AA075 System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch No...
  6. I accidentally switched my only admin account to a guest account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally switched my only admin account to a guest account: I accidentally switched my admin account to a guest account so now I want to get it to an admin account but when I try to open the command promptadmin or change settings, my pc ask for administrator permission but I can't allow it because now my account is a guest. And also I...
  7. I accidentally switched my only admin account to a guest account

I accidentally switched my only admin account to a guest account: I accidentally switched my admin account to a guest account so now I want to get it to an admin account but when I try to open the command promptadmin or change settings, my pc ask for administrator permission but I can't allow it because now my account is a guest. And also I...
  8. Should one rename the built-in Admin and the built-in Guest accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Should one rename the built-in Admin and the built-in Guest accounts: From a security standpoint, should one rename the built-in Admin and the built-in Guest accounts even if they are disabled by default? During Windows 10 installation, I already created my own Admin account which is named something else other than Administrator. But the...
  9. My only admin account is now guest + What is the hidden admin account passoword.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My only admin account is now guest + What is the hidden admin account passoword.: I recently noticed somebody changed my account from admin to guest. Is there any way I could get my account back to admin? (Without resseting my PC?) And, what is the hidden Administrator account password?...
  10. Stuck with a guest account - can't access admin account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Stuck with a guest account - can't access admin account: I am trying to change my user account from guest to admin as many things aren't working right. I have tried cmd -> netplwiz and it asks me for an admin password, but gives me no box to type it in. Even if it did, I don't know what the admin password is. I have two accounts...