Windows 10: One error and my computer starts acting crazy!

Discus and support One error and my computer starts acting crazy! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Yesterday I was just peacefully using my laptop. Suddenly, while I was watching on Netflix my laptop experienced a BSOD with a pattern of transparent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by r3gina1d, Jun 18, 2020.

1. r3gina1d Win User

One error and my computer starts acting crazy!

Yesterday I was just peacefully using my laptop. Suddenly, while I was watching on Netflix my laptop experienced a BSOD with a pattern of transparent white checkers. Because my laptop's OS was Windows 10 I let it fix the problem automatically.

However, when my laptop restarted, it suddenly goes restarting abnormally. Pixelated red stripes show up in the startup screen. When I try to load my laptop normally all it shows are a mix & mash of pixels of different colors. Sometimes it restarts on its own and sometimes I have to give it a hard reset.

Fortunately, all my laptop's files are still intact because I was able to run Safe mode even if there are still the red columns in the background. However, I cannot keep this up for long. What should I do to solve this?

The BSOD error message that came was "Attempted_Write_To_Readonly_Memory". My laptop model is a Sony VAIO E14A15 running on a Windows 10 OS.

:)

r3gina1d, Jun 18, 2020

2. ACT Pro 2013 will not open in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

The most likely causes on a standalone are a damaged or invalid .pad file or SQL is not running, or is damaged.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Click your Windows Start button, choose Run and type in actdiag.

• When ACT! Diagnostics comes up, click Databases, the Database List.

• Locate your database in the list, right-click on it and select Detach. Make sure you know the filepath to your database before detaching it.

• When the database has been detached, open My Computer (or Windows Explorer) and browse to the location of your database.

• Locate the .PAD file for your database [database name].pad and delete it.

• Reopen ACT!...you will get a message that the last database opened cannot found, then will be taken to the Open Database dialog box.

• At the bottom of this box, change the Files of Type to .adf, browse to the location of your database and double-click on the .adf file for your database.

• You will get a message that ACT! will verify your database, click OK and ACT will reattach your database to SQL and create a new .pad file.

• Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Computer randomly has black screen and restarts

Taco this could be software also. Before you get all crazy, do as Erocker suggested. Find out the error in the Event Viewer. Look for the faulting module and the error code itself. Also check the reliability monitor. At the bottom it will have "View all Error Reports". Post a screen of whats in there if anything.

This could be a simple as a bad driver install.

ALSO have you downloaded or installed anything lately? STAY OUT OF THE DAMN BIOS UNTIL WE KNOW THE ERROR! lol. I know you. Baby steps boy, baby steps.

TheMailMan78, Jun 18, 2020
  4. One error and my computer starts acting crazy!

Windows 10 keyboard on games acting crazy

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Since you couldn’t find any issues with other games, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the game and verify the result.

Follow the steps below to uninstall the game.

• Right click on
      start menu

• Select programs and features.

• Under program and features select the game.

• Right click on
      Skullgirls
      and click on uninstall.

• Try reinstalling it again.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

One error and my computer starts acting crazy!

1. One error and my computer starts acting crazy! - Similar Threads - error computer starts

2. My VSC is acting like crazy!?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My VSC is acting like crazy!?: As you can already see from the above picture, all the like buttons and text and everything on vsc gets distorted with this...I don't know what even this is but yeah, it's happening in my laptop.It's so annoying when this happens while I'm working on my code so if y'all have...
  3. My VSC is acting like crazy!?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My VSC is acting like crazy!?: As you can already see from the above picture, all the like buttons and text and everything on vsc gets distorted with this...I don't know what even this is but yeah, it's happening in my laptop.It's so annoying when this happens while I'm working on my code so if y'all have...
  4. need help my laptop act crazy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    need help my laptop act crazy: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cseFPqbMzfaFzBjnEs3dtMhY3TBi1xsV/view?usp=sharingpls help cant type anything and cant use my page up arrow and page down arrows on keyboard tried to unistall driver and restarted my laptop but problem still It exists...
  5. Update - computer is acting crazy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update - computer is acting crazy: update approx. 10 days ago, most recently tonight. Won't let me restore to previous pt bc my update was over 10 days ago!!!!! 1st prob, slow cursor, then frozen cursor, then letters typed in address bar prompts the backspace to erase everything typed. After waiting forever I...
  6. My Windows is acting weird and crazy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Windows is acting weird and crazy: Hi guys, so recently i noticed that my windows is going crazy for some reasons after a reset. My Issues are : -On Settings the options keep opening and closing even if i don't touch anything -Sometimes cannot press the "Turn Off" button on the start menu -When i type...
  7. Caps lock acting crazy!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Caps lock acting crazy!: Dear people, idk what happened, but all of the sudden my caps lock letters come out really strange.. some letters come out written like a couple of different letters, but always the same combination for one key. When I press shift + key, everything comes out normal. Here is...
  8. Computer act crazy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer act crazy: I didn't know what happened but itself my computer change for a regular Windows 10 to a Microsoft Edge!!! And I can't find important files. I hate this new version and i never agree to download and change. How can I come back to my windows?...
  9. Mouse / computer acting crazy

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse / computer acting crazy: My Windows 10 Computer, mainly my mouse, randomly started acting up (No issues before). Now whenever I move the mouse across the desktop, it selects random shortcuts. Some programs won't open and when I open programs with Run, it becomes really slow. It also fails to do basic...
  10. Keyboard language acting crazy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard language acting crazy: Hello guys, This issue I had a couple of times on differents pc, and I saw with a quick google search that I'm far from the only one. The problem is as follow : Language keyboards keep acting up. Let me explain myself. There are 2 main issues I have. The first one is the...