Windows 10: One folder versus multiple sub folders

Discus and support One folder versus multiple sub folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi All, I run Win 10 latest version on I7 and 16GB I have a large folder containing all my pictures 25000 under D:\Photos. Question : What is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bp9106, May 4, 2020.

1. bp9106 Win User

One folder versus multiple sub folders

Hi All,

I run Win 10 latest version on I7 and 16GB

I have a large folder containing all my pictures 25000 under D:\Photos.

Question : What is the safest and more efficient recommandation: 1: One large folder with all files or 2: multiple sub folders with 500 files max per sub folders ?

For example : D:\Photos\ or D:\Photos\1988\Bithday

Thanks for your help

:)

bp9106, May 4, 2020

2. sub folders

Hi Paulette,

You can move the sub-folder by dragging the sub-folder from the other Picture Folder up to the main Picture Folder. However, the sub-folder will remain as a sub-folder.

If you want to make the sub-folder as a stand alone folder, we suggest that you create a new folder on your desired location, then move over the files from the sub-folder to the new folder that you created.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 4, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    sub Folder for outlook

Hello,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community. I would like to have some more understanding to the issue so that we can diagnose and work on the issue faster. Kindly provide me the following information:

• Where are you trying to create a sub folder is it on mail app or other application?
    If it is mail app, unfortunately there is no option to create a sub folder in Mail app, I would suggest you to share your feedback in Windows Feedback app.

Arul_D, May 4, 2020
  4. One folder versus multiple sub folders

Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused One folder versus multiple sub folders :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well One folder versus multiple sub folders :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, May 4, 2020
Thema:

One folder versus multiple sub folders

1. One folder versus multiple sub folders - Similar Threads - folder versus multiple

2. One drive versus One drive folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One drive versus One drive folder: Hi, I'm a bit confused, I had a folder 'mystuff', on the C drive and also in the onedrive docs desktop, folder, but I was not sure as to was using. So I made sure I had all the files I want on the C drive version , deleted the onedrive desktop version and just put a short cut...
  3. One drive versus One drive folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive versus One drive folder: Hi, I'm a bit confused, I had a folder 'mystuff', on the C drive and also in the onedrive docs desktop, folder, but I was not sure as to was using. So I made sure I had all the files I want on the C drive version , deleted the onedrive desktop version and just put a short cut...
  4. Multiple Folders with the same name in one folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple Folders with the same name in one folder: Hey i found this weird glitch. there are multiple folders with the same name in one folder and they cannot be deleted. i posted a pic of it below. I have other ones in that exact folder too which are multiplied. i kinda wanna delete one of those but it wont let me. submitted...
  5. How do I copy folder and sub folder names in one go

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I copy folder and sub folder names in one go: Hi I have a folder on my desktop with 200 plus folders each with folders in them I want to copy the folder and sub folders names in one go to a notepad file is that possible...
  6. Explorer folder versus items?

Explorer folder versus items?: I have a file labeled zips when I click on it there are 428 zip files but in the bottom left corner it says 413 items. Why is that? I've selected all the zip files and still 413 not 428...........
  7. DriverStore - Folder and sub-folders deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DriverStore - Folder and sub-folders deleted: I'm working on a machine, Dell Vostro 230 running V1803. All attempts to update to a more current version fail with error relating to bad path. I also noticed I cannot update any driver even if I download drivers direct from Dell. So I investigated and the DriverStore...
  8. Sorting folders and the sub folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sorting folders and the sub folders: Hello. I have a huge music archive and recently had to format and clean install my windows 10, meanwhile I had my archive in my HDD. Now the problem is, my song folder had around 1200~ albums in it, every album in that main folder was ordered by Date and inside every album it...
  9. One drive not copying over sub-folders

One drive not copying over sub-folders: So I've recently started using One drive. My photos are stored in folders e.g Photo -> Travel -> Destination. When trying to copy the entire photo folder across to one drive it only copies the the names of the sub-folders but not the photo files. Is there a setting that has...
  10. Changing the dates of sub folders within a folder

Changing the dates of sub folders within a folder: Hi How can I customize the dates of folders so I can sort them by those dates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-the-dates-of-sub-folders-within-a-folder/c5d8f607-ae28-4e89-85fb-1c16cf837cc0"