Windows 10: One font is invisible to several applications

Discus and support One font is invisible to several applications in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I installed a Truetype font in Windows 10 and subsequently rebooted (this font). The font is visible in font settings, and I can use it in WPS Office.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by swamp#thing, Oct 1, 2019.

1. One font is invisible to several applications

I installed a Truetype font in Windows 10 and subsequently rebooted (this font). The font is visible in font settings, and I can use it in WPS Office. However it is not accessible in either Affinity Photo or Inkscape. How can I make the font visible to all my applications?

:)

swamp#thing, Oct 1, 2019
  2. NeoSOS Win User

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Oct 1, 2019
  3. FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 1, 2019
  4. One font is invisible to several applications

Windows 10 Creators Update fonts issue

Still broken for the Creators Fall Update, it seems...

Symptoms we see in Word for custom installed fonts are:

• Fonts not displaying correctly in the Fonts list.
    • Using a font causes the "Insufficient disk space or memory..." error.

Custom fonts do not appear in the system Fonts folder, and some standard fonts are greyed out. Attempts to reinstall custom fonts indicate they are already installed.

Wordpad: custom fonts are invisible in the fonts list. They can be selected by typing their name, but the font type does not display correctly.

Suggested workarounds have been tried with no success. We're really hoping Microsoft will prioritize this issue, as the media company I work at uses custom fonts heavily.

As mentioned in this thread already, fonts work fine with pre-1703 Windows 10 versions.

contractor22, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

One font is invisible to several applications

1. One font is invisible to several applications - Similar Threads - font invisible several

2. Windows 11 theme invisible fonts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 theme invisible fonts: Hello,I have had a problem with the windows theme for several weeks. Some of the fonts are invisible. Using light mode I can't see any fonts - hence I use dark mode. This doesn't help with all the fonts, but it's still much better than in light mode. When I move the cursor to...
  3. Windows 11 theme invisible fonts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 theme invisible fonts: Hello,I have had a problem with the windows theme for several weeks. Some of the fonts are invisible. Using light mode I can't see any fonts - hence I use dark mode. This doesn't help with all the fonts, but it's still much better than in light mode. When I move the cursor to...
  4. Several windows applications not working.

in Cortana
    Several windows applications not working.: I've had this problem for about a day and a half now, and it happened out of nowhere: 1: The start key and start button don't do anything 2: I can't search anything with cortana 3: Anything I try to use to open settings does nothing 4: Most windows related programs and...
  5. Weird Font in several applications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird Font in several applications: Hi guys: When I updated to the previous insider version, the font of several applications became weird like monospaced, and it looks horrible. For example, the new Belize Theme for SAP 760, or the buttons like "Save" or "Cancel" in Office 365, or the Internet Options I...
  6. Invisible and not working w10 applications

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Invisible and not working w10 applications: [ATTACH][ATTACH] I tried opening Sea of Thieves this morning only to have my pc softlocked could only close certain programs so i restarted my pc by pressing the power button after that any app downloaded from Ms store would not launch and displaying a white progress like bar...
  7. How to change the type of preview in the taskbar of several windows of one application?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change the type of preview in the taskbar of several windows of one application?: [ATTACH] So, after some update the preview behavior changed, now it looks like this: https://preview.redd.it/5a3s5vaoj6i41.png?width=341&format=png&auto=webp&s=6b3e33ebc1c5ba0d5911e35fafb2af7afad58775 It used to display both windows next to each over just like its...
  8. Windows 10 persists in altering font sizes in several applications after recent ugrade?...

Windows 10 persists in altering font sizes in several applications after recent ugrade?...: This never happened under WIN 7, which I was reluctant to move from, as I had few probelms. I always kept abreast of WIN 10 on a spare HD but only examined it to help the decision making process. After my initial very good opinion of the new WIN10 and recommending it to...
  9. Win10 Fonts are oversized and bold in several applications' configuration screens

Win10 Fonts are oversized and bold in several applications' configuration screens: After fresh installation of Windows 10 I started experiencing font issue with two of my applications (not all). Configuration menus, such as options->configure, or edit->configure show font that stretches past the visible edge of the configuration window. It is also bold....
  10. application running but invisible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    application running but invisible: Hello i've got a problem since a week some application are running but invisible though i can still interract with them clic on button, my mouse change to a hand shape when i put it over those button. I tried to put them full screen and then the screen get full white. I...