Windows 10: one jpg file appears to contain multiple ones inside; can i decompress a jpg and generate...

Discus and support one jpg file appears to contain multiple ones inside; can i decompress a jpg and generate... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I transfered files from my phone's SD card (Samsung J7 Prime) to my computer desk and suddently I got a message that said my C: disk was full, so when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by valentina mb, Feb 10, 2019.

1. one jpg file appears to contain multiple ones inside; can i decompress a jpg and generate...

I transfered files from my phone's SD card (Samsung J7 Prime) to my computer desk and suddently I got a message that said my C: disk was full, so when I checked the folders I realized all the files inside (photos and videos) had the same size depending on the folder they were on, and now a picture that originally had a size of 4 MB is 29,3 GB... The properties window also states that the size in disk is 4,00 KB, which i find odd. What I mean is all files in that folder have the same 29,3 GB size each. And this happen with multiple folders.

It is as if each file (JPG or MP4) had taken the size of the whole folder they were originally contained on. I can copy files now without problem so it must have been a mistake that happened in that transfer, specifically.

So, what did I do wrong? Is there anything I can do to fix this? I cut the files instead of copying them so if i delete the files I'll lose everything... Is there anything I can do to recover the files?

I already did this:

- scanned and restored health;

- run the System File Checker utility

- checked my hard disk for any errors

and none of these things helped

If anyone can help me i would be so thankful,

regards,

Valentina

:)

valentina mb, Feb 10, 2019
  2. OnePostWonder, Feb 10, 2019
  3. Vanight Win User
    Select which Icons appear on Taskbar - Contains multiple duplicates

Hello,

I seem to have multiple entries for multiple processes in the Windows 10 area "Select which Icons appear on Taskbar". I was thinking about trying CCleaner to fix this, but if anyone knows the specific registry entries that need to be deleted and/or flags that need to be set, I would really like to understand where this data is cached before running any batch files or utilities.

Please see PicPic attached:

one jpg file appears to contain multiple ones inside; can i decompress a jpg and generate... [​IMG]

Vanight, Feb 10, 2019
  4. ChrisTSC Win User

one jpg file appears to contain multiple ones inside; can i decompress a jpg and generate...

Decompressing CAB Files give 2 sets of files, one with a file extension of #$%

Hi All,

When I decompress a certain CAB file on my Windows CE 5.0 device, most of the time it works fine. However, sometimes it decompresses the files twice - one set is named as expected whereas another set has the same file names but with the file extension #$%

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance

Chris

ChrisTSC, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

one jpg file appears to contain multiple ones inside; can i decompress a jpg and generate...

1. one jpg file appears to contain multiple ones inside; can i decompress a jpg and generate... - Similar Threads - jpg file appears

2. how can one do a bulk conversion of jpg files into png files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can one do a bulk conversion of jpg files into png files: I find jpeg files deteriorate over time and the image does not display properly how could I convert many jpeg files into png files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-one-do-a-bulk-conversion-of-jpg-files-into/4bfe63bd-be90-4059-a993-3eb4596df384
  3. how can one do a bulk conversion of jpg files into png files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how can one do a bulk conversion of jpg files into png files: I find jpeg files deteriorate over time and the image does not display properly how could I convert many jpeg files into png files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-one-do-a-bulk-conversion-of-jpg-files-into/4bfe63bd-be90-4059-a993-3eb4596df384
  4. how can one do a bulk conversion of jpg files into png files

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. jpg files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    jpg files: Has anyone else had a problem opening jpg files since the 11/29 update? jpgs wouldn't open until I uninstalled that update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpg-files/10e3a9b6-3231-4718-bbcf-d28e78999765
  6. jpg files

jpg files: I have some pictures that will not open due to jpg file, no instruction is complete enough to fix the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpg-files/f9f080be-6835-4841-8ca6-d4fc33edf4ee
  7. JPG Files

JPG Files: On my external hard drive some of the files have changed from JPEG to JPG. I did not do this change. I currently use Windows Photos to view my pictures however it does not open up the JPG files even though according to Microsoft it should. I have tried other programs as...
  8. .jpg files

.jpg files: Need access to my .jpg files from a trip in 2011 Cannot even see .jpg files on flash drive I saved to or with PPoint files I created Using Windows 10 How do I gain access to these pictures?? Deadline today...please let me know ASAP Thanks for your help with this...
  9. jpg files

jpg files: How do I find a list of ALL jpg files ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpg-files/f29ff852-90b7-44c2-8b80-3e54545bb296"
  10. Changing multiple files of '.file' to '.jpg'

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing multiple files of '.file' to '.jpg': Hi, How can I change multiple file of '.file' to '.jpg'. The icon that I get currently is a white icon and I want to be able to see the photos. Thank in advance *Smile 34312

Users found this page by searching for:

1. File chosen appears to contain more than one file extension

2. File chosen appears to contain more than one file extension.