Windows 10: One key has severe input lag but every other key is fine

Discus and support One key has severe input lag but every other key is fine in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I know its not a hardware problem because the Virtual Keyboard displays the same input lag when pressing the @/' key on UK keyboard layout. I already... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by xuiz, Aug 22, 2019.

1. xuiz Win User

One key has severe input lag but every other key is fine

I know its not a hardware problem because the Virtual Keyboard displays the same input lag when pressing the @/' key on UK keyboard layout.

I already reinstalled both Keyboard Drivers several times and enabled/disabled filter keys.
    I also changed the input language to Australia and US layout, and in both of those there is no input lag but the @ key on UK layout is " on US and Aus layout so I cant use it. I removed the UK layout and re-added it after restarting but the problem is still there.
    (By layout I mean the input language)

Moreover, by input lag I mean the key doesnt work when it is tapped once like all other keys do, but it works after long pressing it for over 2 seconds resulting in: @@@@@@@@@@@@ or '''''''''''' output

please help

:)

2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Aug 22, 2019
  3. danazc Win User
    x1900xtx input lag

Ok I have the same issues with the input lag when using ati tool and the dynamic fan control. I only use ati tool for this feature so my question is this: does the latest version address this issue and if not, can I control the fan speed a different way that wont cause the stupid input lag? The x1900xtx get HOT and I like ati tool, but it is hard to play css when you have input lag for 3-4 seconds every 2 minutes. Please help me ASAP. Does .26 version fix this or what are some suggestions that might eliminate the input lag but still be able to use this great tool? Thanks! Does anyone know if ati tray tool works better in this department?

danazc, Aug 22, 2019
  4. Seltxer Win User

Input lag?

• So I had to install the last fall creator's update because of mandatory security updates. Sometimes I launch tf2 and there's major input lag while other times there isn't. I used to have a solution of reverting to a version before the fall creators update
      but I've tried that recently and I needed to reinstall Windows 10. Another solution was to just restart but I don't want to have to restart my laptop every time I want to play video games. I don't know what's causing the input lag, whether it's because of
      the game or the OS or Logitech Gaming Software (which might not be the issue since I had this issue way before I ever got a logitech mouse). I suspect it's the OS and the fall creator's update. I need a permanent solution to stop this input lag. If anyone
      has one, I would really appreciate it.

Seltxer, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

1. One key has severe input lag but every other key is fine - Similar Threads - key has severe

2. Laptop turns on with every other key except the power key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop turns on with every other key except the power key: This is a weird problem with my laptop. The laptop turns on with every other key except the power button, then it turns off after about 2s. But, if I keep pressing the keyboard any key it loads up and boots and I can use it while still pressing any key. And if I stop pressing...
  3. Laptop turns on with every other key except the power key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop turns on with every other key except the power key: This is a weird problem with my laptop. The laptop turns on with every other key except the power button, then it turns off after about 2s. But, if I keep pressing the keyboard any key it loads up and boots and I can use it while still pressing any key. And if I stop pressing...
  4. Keyboard input lag when holding down a key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard input lag when holding down a key: Hello everyone, I've got this issue with my keyboard since I built a custom PC, where it lags when I hold down a key. When I'm playing a video game, this gets annoying quick because I keep moving forward when hitting the W key, and have to wait before my spacebar hit...
  5. Keyboard input lag when holding down a key

Keyboard input lag when holding down a key: Hello everyone, I've got this issue with my keyboard since I built a custom PC, where it lags when I hold down a key. When I'm playing a video game, this gets annoying quick because I keep moving forward when hitting the W key, and have to wait before my spacebar hit...
  6. Shift and enter key not working, other keys are working fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift and enter key not working, other keys are working fine: For those who have this problem, that is SHIFT and ENTER keys are not working , and if its not hardware issue, try thisPress and hold SHIFT and ENTER key and press TABMake sure you open word or WordPad to test it out if it worked I play games and suddenly I had this problem...
  7. Shift and enter key not working, other keys are working fine

Shift and enter key not working, other keys are working fine: For those who have this problem, that is SHIFT and ENTER keys are not working , and if its not hardware issue, try thisPress and hold SHIFT and ENTER key and press TABMake sure you open word or WordPad to test it out if it worked I play games and suddenly I had this problem...
  8. Enter key input stuck and other strange inputs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Enter key input stuck and other strange inputs: My computer is behaving strangely. I have two drives. C and D. C is my main one and was fine. But When I opened task manager my D drive was maxing out on memory usage. After I opened up task manager my D drive began to calm down again. Is this a smart virus that can detect...
  9. @' key on a much longer delay than every other key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    @' key on a much longer delay than every other key: Hi guys, I have a real weird issue on a dell 3580. The @ and ' Key is delayed by maybe 500ms-1s but only in windows. This occurs on usb keyboards as well as internal one and does not occur when the machine is in a virtualbox or booted to a live USB........ what the heck...
  10. Severe Input Lag and Other Issues Once a Full Screen App Has Run

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Severe Input Lag and Other Issues Once a Full Screen App Has Run: I've been running Windows 10 for a little over a week now. At first everything was great, games ran fine, software all worked, and it was like I was still in Windows 7, only better. Now all of a sudden today, when I'm in Star Wars: The Old Republic, running in Fullscreen...