Windows 10: One key press generates endliess repeating

Discus and support One key press generates endliess repeating in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I had an old keyboard where sometimes one key click generated an endless repeating of that click. Something like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by amos, Dec 13, 2019.

1. amos Win User

One key press generates endliess repeating

Hi

I had an old keyboard where sometimes one key click generated an endless repeating of that click. Something like Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

I had to click on other keys and backspace until it stopped, until the next time it occurred. Because the keyboard was old, I thought it was a keyboard problem so I bought a new one (logitech), the simplest one.

It took 2-3 days until the problem happened again. I started wondering if it's not the keyboard problem but something else, maybe with the OS/driver etc... What can I do to check the source of this problem?

Thanks

:)

2. Kreij Win User

Zippy! Automatic Button Pressing program.

Wouldn't it have been more expedient to ditch the GUI and make Zippy! a hot key activated app?
    (Similar to how TPUCapture works)
    For instance ... Zippy! is running in the background. The user presses a key combo (say Alt-Z) to tell Zippy! to repeat the next key/mouse click it sees until the hot key combo is pressed again?
    So Alt+Z and then left mouse click tells Zippy! to repeat the left mouse click until Alt+Z is pressed again.
    That would completely eliminate the need for profiles.

Just a suggestion for version 2.0 *Wink One key press generates endliess repeating ;)
    As always, good work Ford. Definitely useful with Minecraft. *Toast :toast:

Kreij, Dec 13, 2019
  3. manofthem Win User
    Booting without press any key

@dhievm go ahead and list the model number that gives exact specs/info.

Does it stop right at the Toshiba logo and sit there? Will it sit forever til you press a key, or will it eventually work after so long?

manofthem, Dec 13, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Repeating Keys don't repeat

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

Method 1: Run the
    Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Method 2.Try updating the latest keyboard devices from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the Keyboard drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the Keyboard driver.

c. Right-click on the HID Keyboard Device and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

1. One key press generates endliess repeating - Similar Threads - key press generates

2. Key Repeat

in Windows 10 Customization
    Key Repeat: Ok so basically, Key repeat is the amount of time from when you hold down a key on your keyboard; and it continuously adds whatever letter you inputted. For example, if I held down the "a" key for long enough, the computer interprets that as "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa". I'm...
  3. One key press generates endliess repeating

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    One key press generates endliess repeating: Hi I had an old keyboard where sometimes one key click generated an endless repeating of that click. Something like Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii I had to click on other keys and backspace until it stopped, until the next time it occurred. Because the...
  4. Pressing a Media Key "Presses" Another Key In Certain Programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pressing a Media Key "Presses" Another Key In Certain Programs: My problem is that pressing my media keys (volume up, down, play/pause, etc.) also does a certain function as of what another key does. Such as pressing the mute button would mute my PC, but would also "press" the D key. This probably doesn't make sense, but it does happen....
  5. Wrong key presses

in Windows 10 Support
    Wrong key presses: I am trying to get used to a new keyboard. At bottom left it has Ctrl, Fn, Windows and Alt. When I go to press Ctrl-Alt, I accidentally press Ctrl-something else, either Fn or Windows. What do these combinations do, and how best to get out of the situation? One of these seems...
  6. Surface typecover: press one key but it comes out as two.

Surface typecover: press one key but it comes out as two.: Recently I find that my Enter key behaviors abnormally. I used a keyboard testing software and found out that when I pressed the Enter key, both Enter and Esc key were detected, and when I pressed the Esc key, both were detected too. Also, F4 and F5 are "linked" in the same...
  7. Falsec key presses

Falsec key presses: Soc basically whenever i press space it presses c and space at the same time and the same thing happens when i press c. I own a razer ornata chroma keyboard and am operating on windows 10. I had to edit this post but it sort of looks like this when itype. Hic myc namec isc...
  8. Keyboard keys will not repeat.

Keyboard keys will not repeat.: Hello all, I have tried my hardest to look at articles and threads of this issue, however everything that I have tried to do is not working. I have an HP laptop and have turned on and off filter keys about 4 times restarting after each time. I also have tried holding the left...
  9. Key-Press on my laptop are being repeated on their own.

Key-Press on my laptop are being repeated on their own.: Hi there, I hope you are doing well. Before I talk about my issue I want to provide some context. I have got a brand new Haier y11c laptop. The issue with this laptop is that whenever I try to write something either in the login screen or in a text editor, it replicates each...
  10. Key repeating on login...

in Windows 10 Support
    Key repeating on login...: Not sure if this is a keyboard firmware issue or not, in which case I'll post on the forums there but I don't remember it ever happening prior to Win10.. So the circumstances are completely repeatable and happen every time I do the following... I wrote a .vbs script to do...