Windows 10: one lan machine can see a new win 10 workstation, another can't

Discus and support one lan machine can see a new win 10 workstation, another can't in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A network has, inter alia, an old win 10 workstation and a win 7 workstation. They are set up to share files and folders via ethernet (one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pzbrawl, Feb 21, 2020.

1. pzbrawl Win User

one lan machine can see a new win 10 workstation, another can't

A network has, inter alia, an old win 10 workstation and a win 7 workstation. They are set up to share files and folders via ethernet (one intermediates backups, the other serves media files, wifi would be too slow for either).

A third workstation running win7 died. It's been replaced with a win 10 workstation ...

- the old win 7 workstation can read & write files & folders on the new win 10 workstation, and vice versa.

- The older win 10 workstation is connected to the same network, can ping the new workstation, but access to files & folders on the new win 10 machine from the old win 10 machine fails with system error 53 in DOS, and with error 0x80070035 in File Explorer.

Please, how to fix this?

:)

pzbrawl, Feb 21, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, Feb 21, 2020
  3. 10 Newbie Win User
    Windows 10 LAN Setup

I have a small business with a data server and 7 workstations. Till now I have avoided the upgrade as xp has worked so problem free but a recent decision to upgrade server meant I could not avoid it any longer.

We have purchased the new workstations and now looking at the network side of things but have hit a bit of a snag.

Looking online I see most of the windows 10 networking steps relate to windows 7 and the general suggestion from what I can see is to use homegroup. In xp we were using workgroup and things were very easily set up and maintained but it seems the win 10 is not so easy to set up or maybe I am just not up to speed.

Any suggestions on a small business win 10 network setup and links to walkthrough's would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

10 Newbie, Feb 21, 2020
  4. pzbrawl Win User

win 10 laptops do not recognise linux lan wokstation by name

We have two Win 10 laptops on a lan (in a windows workgroup) with other windows PCs and laptops running win 7 and linux.
    One win10 laptop is held at build 1607 to avoid the many intrusive, time-consuming problems caused by continuous Win 10 updates. The other allows updates, and is current.
    Win 7 can connect to the Ubuntu 16.04 fine by name. Windows 10 laptops cannot connect to it by name, but can connect to it via IP address.
    On the Win 10 laptops, the command NET VIEW lists neither Windows lan workstations for which there are mapped network drives, nor the Ubuntu 16.04 machine.
    On Win 10 SMBv1.0 is enabled.
    Is there a fix for these inadequacies, or is such functionality just gone from Win 10?

pzbrawl, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

1. one lan machine can see a new win 10 workstation, another can't - Similar Threads - lan machine workstation

2. Can I migrate my digital license from one machine to another machine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I migrate my digital license from one machine to another machine.: So I am planning to upgrade my laptop's SSD, and windows is installed in the old SSD. So i want my windows license in my new SSD. Can you please tell me how i can do it....
  3. Low LAN speeds on only one machine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Low LAN speeds on only one machine: My device is reporting a LAN speed of anywhere between 100 - 400 Mb/s whereas any other device I tried to connect to the same network reported consistent speeds of about 900 - 1000 Mb/s. This problem persists with different cables and other devices connected with the same...
  4. One Machine Turns On Another

One Machine Turns On Another: I have two machines connected to each other via LAN cable. Direct wire, not through router. One Desktop runs Win 7 64-bit Pro and the other Laptop runs Win 10 64-bit Pro. Each shares a specific folder with the other. Does it make sense that because of the connection one will...
  5. Windows 10 LAN network connection - one computer can't see one other computer

Windows 10 LAN network connection - one computer can't see one other computer: We are a small office with a LAN peer to peer network. All computers are running Windows 10 Pro. Suddenly, one computer is unable to see one other computer. Computer #2 is able to see Computer #1. All other office computers are able to see Computer #2 and Computer #1....
  6. Cannot see my SSIDs, but can see neighbor's. Other Win 10 machines can see my SSIDs. Please...

Cannot see my SSIDs, but can see neighbor's. Other Win 10 machines can see my SSIDs. Please...: Please help! On my Win 10 PC I can't see any of my WiFi SSIDs! The 3 SSIDs on my new WiFi router all work great with my other dozens of home devices including 3 other Win 10 laptops and a Win 10 desktop ( and lots of MacOS and Linux devices). But my gaming machine, a Lenovo...
  7. Win 10 refuses to see XP machine

Win 10 refuses to see XP machine: I just hooked up a new windows 10 computer. I have a bunch of stuff stored on my XP computer that also shares the parallel printer with a Windows 7 computer and I planned to share it with the Windows 10 computer. The XP computer is called slickswintel and has a static IP...
  8. Creators Update One machine can't see the other

Creators Update One machine can't see the other: I have Windows 10 Pro Creator's Update (version 1703, build 15063.413) running on two computers (wired through ASUS router). I've setup a workgroup called WORKGROUP. If I turn on one computer (call it A) and then turn on computer B, computer A can view computer B's folders,...
  9. Windows 10 cannot see ANY machines on home LAN

Windows 10 cannot see ANY machines on home LAN: Hi there After latest W10 updates W10 computers can't see ANY other machines on my LAN. 2 Linux Machines, one W7, one XP and 2 W10 machines on a LAN. Linux easily sees ALL computers and can access shared folders. W7 and XP machines see All machines - Wndows and...
  10. Cannot see shares on one Win10 machine from another

Cannot see shares on one Win10 machine from another: I have Win10 installed on my laptop and also on a VirtualBox VM. I have several folders shared on the VM. When I try to view the shares on the VM from my laptop I get the Windows Security dialog and when I enter the username and password for the VM I get an invalid username...