Windows 10: One laptop not upgrading

Discus and support One laptop not upgrading in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; All I am trying to do is update the laptop that has not moved from "Version 10.0 (Build 10240)" to "Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.36)" like my other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jshaw42, Dec 25, 2015.

1. jshaw42 Win User

One laptop not upgrading

All I am trying to do is update the laptop that has not moved from "Version 10.0 (Build 10240)" to "Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.36)" like my other laptop and my desktop. Each of the suggestions I have received from anyone tells how to up date from Windows 7 or 8.1. I have done that. Please keep in mind I am a simple thinking old man who likes to think he can do basic IT work rather well.

Thanks

:)

jshaw42, Dec 25, 2015
  2. Upgrading Win User

My Nokia C3 is not supporting softwares

I have tried so many ways to download softwares, but to my efforts are all fruitless. When i go to other sites to download and install softwares, the place to download the software will not even be active and when i download from ovi store it is not supported.
    What should i do to end this problem?

Upgrading, Dec 25, 2015
  3. After upgrading to Windows 10, one laptop lost the webcam, the other laptop lost the microphone

Hi,

Based on the information you have provided in your post, we need to do further investigation. To assist you better, we'd like to know the following:

• Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform certain actions? If so, what are these actions and what is the particular error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Please confirm the make and model of your devices.

We'll wait for your response.

Marvin Barc, Dec 25, 2015
  4. davidhk Win User

One laptop not upgrading

Use one of the following links to download the Windows 10 10586 ISO file.

Media Creation Tool (MCT)
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

Tech Bench
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/techbench

I'll use MCT link as example........
    Download the Tool > then run it.
    Select Upgrade this PC now > that will begin downloading the ISO files.
    After the iso is downloaded, RIGHT click at it > click Mount > click Setup.exe.
    That will begin the installation.
    Since you are doing the upgrade install, you can keep your settings, files and apps, or you can choose to keep nothing.
    No product key is required.
    Activation is automatic.

davidhk, Dec 25, 2015
  5. jshaw42 Win User
    I downloaded the update program, went through all the hoops (long time) and it all came out great. All three PCs are on "Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.36)" now. Thanks to all for putting up with me.

jshaw42, Dec 26, 2015
  6. davidhk Win User
    You are welcome.
    Happy New Year.

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

One laptop not upgrading

1. One laptop not upgrading - Similar Threads - laptop upgrading

2. i have upgraded my laptop from i5 toi7, but now the bluetooth is not connecting showing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have upgraded my laptop from i5 toi7, but now the bluetooth is not connecting showing...: I upgraded the laptop from i5 to i7 and now the Bluetooth is not working, please suggest the way out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-upgraded-my-laptop-from-i5-toi7-but-now-the/5a3988c2-ee0e-4393-8c6a-b46e6eea1cb6
  3. i have upgraded my laptop from i5 toi7, but now the bluetooth is not connecting showing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i have upgraded my laptop from i5 toi7, but now the bluetooth is not connecting showing...: I upgraded the laptop from i5 to i7 and now the Bluetooth is not working, please suggest the way out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-upgraded-my-laptop-from-i5-toi7-but-now-the/5a3988c2-ee0e-4393-8c6a-b46e6eea1cb6
  4. Acer ES1512 w. Windows 10 Laptop Won't Turn On After RAM Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer ES1512 w. Windows 10 Laptop Won't Turn On After RAM Upgrade: I have an Acer ES1-512-C88M Laptop that I am trying to upgrade it's RAM. The first time I put the new RAM in there, it worked for a 2 or 3 restarts, but after leaving it on sleep mode for about 2 hours, the next time I turned the computer on, the light just turned on and that...
  5. Acer ES1512 w. Windows 10 Laptop Won't Turn On After RAM Upgrade

Acer ES1512 w. Windows 10 Laptop Won't Turn On After RAM Upgrade: I have an Acer ES1-512-C88M Laptop that I am trying to upgrade it's RAM. The first time I put the new RAM in there, it worked for a 2 or 3 restarts, but after leaving it on sleep mode for about 2 hours, the next time I turned the computer on, the light just turned on and that...
  6. Acer ES1512 w. Windows 10 Laptop Won't Turn On After RAM Upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Can i upgrade the SSD in my laptop and keep the same windows license that came with it when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i upgrade the SSD in my laptop and keep the same windows license that came with it when...: I want to upgrade storage as it is too little and i have an SSD i want to replace it with, am i able to use my windows license i have in the old SSD on the new one instead? It is a laptop windows license so it came with the laptop i bought. I would like some assistance thank...
  8. Can i upgrade the SSD in my laptop and keep the same windows license that came with it when...

Can i upgrade the SSD in my laptop and keep the same windows license that came with it when...: I want to upgrade storage as it is too little and i have an SSD i want to replace it with, am i able to use my windows license i have in the old SSD on the new one instead? It is a laptop windows license so it came with the laptop i bought. I would like some assistance thank...
  9. Laptop Stuck on white screen I think suggested upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Stuck on white screen I think suggested upgrade: My Laptop is stuck on a partly white rectangular part of thr screen. I looked online and someone had the same issue who just updated their windows 11. However, I did not update my laptop so I don’t know why I have the same issue. I am unable to open the taskmanagement and I...
  10. Laptop Stuck on white screen I think suggested upgrade

Laptop Stuck on white screen I think suggested upgrade: My Laptop is stuck on a partly white rectangular part of thr screen. I looked online and someone had the same issue who just updated their windows 11. However, I did not update my laptop so I don’t know why I have the same issue. I am unable to open the taskmanagement and I...