Windows 10: One laptop not upgrading

Discus and support One laptop not upgrading in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; All I am trying to do is update the laptop that has not moved from "Version 10.0 (Build 10240)" to "Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.36)" like my other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jshaw42, Dec 25, 2015.

1. jshaw42 Win User

One laptop not upgrading

All I am trying to do is update the laptop that has not moved from "Version 10.0 (Build 10240)" to "Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.36)" like my other laptop and my desktop. Each of the suggestions I have received from anyone tells how to up date from Windows 7 or 8.1. I have done that. Please keep in mind I am a simple thinking old man who likes to think he can do basic IT work rather well.

Thanks

:)

jshaw42, Dec 25, 2015
  2. Upgrading Win User

My Nokia C3 is not supporting softwares

I have tried so many ways to download softwares, but to my efforts are all fruitless. When i go to other sites to download and install softwares, the place to download the software will not even be active and when i download from ovi store it is not supported.
    What should i do to end this problem?

Upgrading, Dec 25, 2015
  3. After upgrading to Windows 10, one laptop lost the webcam, the other laptop lost the microphone

Hi,

Based on the information you have provided in your post, we need to do further investigation. To assist you better, we'd like to know the following:

• Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform certain actions? If so, what are these actions and what is the particular error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Please confirm the make and model of your devices.

We'll wait for your response.

Marvin Barc, Dec 25, 2015
  4. davidhk Win User

One laptop not upgrading

Use one of the following links to download the Windows 10 10586 ISO file.

Media Creation Tool (MCT)
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

Tech Bench
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/techbench

I'll use MCT link as example........
    Download the Tool > then run it.
    Select Upgrade this PC now > that will begin downloading the ISO files.
    After the iso is downloaded, RIGHT click at it > click Mount > click Setup.exe.
    That will begin the installation.
    Since you are doing the upgrade install, you can keep your settings, files and apps, or you can choose to keep nothing.
    No product key is required.
    Activation is automatic.

davidhk, Dec 25, 2015
  5. jshaw42 Win User
    I downloaded the update program, went through all the hoops (long time) and it all came out great. All three PCs are on "Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.36)" now. Thanks to all for putting up with me.

jshaw42, Dec 26, 2015
  6. davidhk Win User
    You are welcome.
    Happy New Year.

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

One laptop not upgrading

1. One laptop not upgrading - Similar Threads - laptop upgrading

2. Upgraded HP/ Compaq Presario CQ62-215 laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Now battery will...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgraded HP/ Compaq Presario CQ62-215 laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Now battery will...: I've tried many solutions posted on the net to no avail. Tested the laptop without a battery, just the power supply it works so the power supply is ok. Installed a new battery, nothing, no charging. Tried a second power supply too. Used Control Panel and uninstalled all...
  3. Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Windows 7 mades Dell E5430 i5 laptop very slow boot up and disk...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Windows 7 mades Dell E5430 i5 laptop very slow boot up and disk...: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit upgrade from Windows 7 Pro has made my Dell Latitude E5430 i5 8GB laptop very slow boot up and disk stuck at 100%. It takes an age to boot up with black screen and timer running, when finally does get to login/signin screen it takes ages to get the...
  4. Upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 on Dell Inspiron 3543 laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 on Dell Inspiron 3543 laptop: Is it possible? submitted by /u/Nivarderino [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dqanlx/upgrading_from_windows_81_to_windows_10_on_dell/
  5. can i upgrade sony laptop from windows 7 to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can i upgrade sony laptop from windows 7 to windows 10: for free? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-upgrade-sony-laptop-from-windows-7-to/0ea2d34a-e0d6-4d47-9ce9-d39a7c89c569
  6. Having some problems after upgrading my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Having some problems after upgrading my laptop: Hi I have some problems after upgrading my laptop. For details, I decided to buy Samsung SSD and used caddy bay to replace laptop DVD drive slot with my HDD. I moved the drive installing Windows from my HDD to my SSD. After that, I used and it was absolutely normal, but when...
  7. Samsung Laptop R590, Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 fails error 0xC1900101 - 0x200017

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Samsung Laptop R590, Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 fails error 0xC1900101 - 0x200017: Dear Support Team, Why does Microsoft skip check the hardware or do not provide a clear statement that not all hardware support Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10? For examples, there are several families of Samsung laptops (my case is R590) with Broadcom Wlan card that...
  8. Upgrade Old Slow Windows 7 Laptop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade Old Slow Windows 7 Laptop?: I currently use a windows 10 pro dell xps 15 9550 laptop. This is my main laptop. I just did a windows 7 to windows 10 update on an old dell desktop that i have not used in a long time. Its just sitting there so i figure i update it anyways if i use it in the future. A...
  9. Upgraded laptop from Windows 10 to Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgraded laptop from Windows 10 to Pro: Have done the above and now have have error 'window reported that no product key was found on your device'. Error code 0xC004F213 Simple straight forward reply please......
  10. laptop cpu upgrade help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop cpu upgrade help: i have a laptop with intel r celoron 1005M processor, and i have a 2nd gen core i3 can i replace intel r celoron 1005M with 2nd gen core i3 ? 141903