Windows 10: One Laptop, two drives, main drive maybe failing, second install win 10

Discus and support One Laptop, two drives, main drive maybe failing, second install win 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a 2013 ASUS G75VX i7 3630, 16 Gig Ram. Original HDD is 1TB split roughly 40/60. C;\ holds Windows 10, the D:\ portion, data. I also have 22 TB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by syncopates, Apr 8, 2021.

1. One Laptop, two drives, main drive maybe failing, second install win 10

I have a 2013 ASUS G75VX i7 3630, 16 Gig Ram. Original HDD is 1TB split roughly 40/60. C;\ holds Windows 10, the D:\ portion, data. I also have 22 TB of external.

I've been experiencing extremely slow startups, 5-10 mins, more noticeable after an update. For whatever reason, a week or so after the update things settle out and the startup is bearable but still slow. The update where Edge switched to Chrome was a disaster. Took me two weeks to get the computer operational.

I began to wonder if the drive was in part to blame, on it's last legs. So recently, I downloaded a couple of apps to verify drive health: ATTO, Crystal Disk, Data Lifeguard, Seagate Tools as well as used the tools available with Windows. Most suggest that the drive is healthy, one suggest it isn't.

As a precaution, I purchased a 1 TB WD internal drive, installed it in the second drive bay. I am wondering if I can install a second copy of Win 10 on this new drive, as a safety precaution? Or install a second copy on the new drive and eliminate the original? Use the original drive for data.

Suggestions

Kind Regards,

Greg

:)

syncopates, Apr 8, 2021
  2. R-Goodwin Win User

Win 10 Create Recovery Drive process fails to find thumb drive

After formatting a 4GB thumb drive and launching the Create Recovery Drive process via the Win 10 Control Panel Recovery option, it fails to list an available drive. Instead, it cranks for about 30 seconds and comes back with,

We can't create the recovery drive

A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive.

I've tried plugging the USB drive into both a 2.0 and 3.0 USB port: No difference.

I've tried inserting a fresh disc into my DVD drive: No luck there either.

I've created a Win 10 ISO file and re-installed the OS: No help.

Running out of ideas...

R-Goodwin, Apr 8, 2021
  3. little cat, Apr 8, 2021
  4. AsRock Win User

One Laptop, two drives, main drive maybe failing, second install win 10

Wondering about a second hard drive and installing Vista on it and also a ..

Annoying having to go into the bios each time though. And for me not a option unless i run 2 arrays.

AsRock, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

One Laptop, two drives, main drive maybe failing, second install win 10

1. One Laptop, two drives, main drive maybe failing, second install win 10 - Similar Threads - Laptop drives main

2. One Laptop, two windows and two hard drives for BYOD Organizations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Laptop, two windows and two hard drives for BYOD Organizations: Here is my question:BYOD for organizations, but I want to keep my personal info separate from my work info. Is there a way that you can dual boot windows off of two separate hard drives? One hard drive and version of windows that is maintained by my organization with all the...
  3. One Laptop, two windows and two hard drives for BYOD Organizations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Laptop, two windows and two hard drives for BYOD Organizations: Here is my question:BYOD for organizations, but I want to keep my personal info separate from my work info. Is there a way that you can dual boot windows off of two separate hard drives? One hard drive and version of windows that is maintained by my organization with all the...
  4. Two One Drive Accounts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two One Drive Accounts?: My Android phone links to a One Drive that is full. My computer to another with 1 TB of space. How do I link my phone to the right account - not the full one. Pictures back up is stalled because One Drive appears to be full - but actually has lots of room....
  5. Two One Drive Accounts?

Two One Drive Accounts?: My Android phone links to a One Drive that is full. My computer to another with 1 TB of space. How do I link my phone to the right account - not the full one. Pictures back up is stalled because One Drive appears to be full - but actually has lots of room....
  6. One Drive on two computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive on two computers: How does One Drive handle two computers on same MS acct? I'm mainly switching to my new computer #2 so would like to transfer files, but want to keep #1 for occasional use. Right now One Drive on computer 2 (the new one) shows the Documents folder from computer 1, with...
  7. Two One Drives?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two One Drives?: Just got a Windows tablet and everything is working pretty well. BUT Went to copy some files from One Drive that I had just sent from my desktop specifically for that purpose. When I logged into One Drive from the tablet it showed a whole different set of files than those I...
  8. One Drive files not syncing with laptop, Win 10

One Drive files not syncing with laptop, Win 10: I'm running One Drive on 2 computers and my phone. However I noticed recently that when I access the files on my laptop they are out of date, that is if I changed the file on my other computer the version I see on my laptop is not up to date for those changes. I can't find a...
  9. Two installs of win 10 64 home one laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Two installs of win 10 64 home one laptop: I've got an msi ge62vr laptop with 3x drives one m2 SSD with main system for music production, a second hdd for storage, then a third drive which is an m2 SSD in a dvdrw convert or adapt or running Windows 10 just for war thunder. My question is how can I stop access while...
  10. One Drive on WIN 10

in Windows 10 Support
    One Drive on WIN 10: Hello, I have just upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7. With Microsoft's push to have everything in the cloud I am really surprised that I am finding it really difficult to access my One Drive from Win 10. Can anyone explain how this is done please? 10667