Windows 10: One license for more than one versions.

Discus and support One license for more than one versions. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I got a laptop with pre installedWin 10 pro Education. It is about two weeks ago I went to perform factory restore for my DELL laptop So when I run the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MoatassemSindhu, Jul 5, 2019.

1. One license for more than one versions.

I got a laptop with pre installedWin 10 pro Education. It is about two weeks ago I went to perform factory restore for my DELL laptop So when I run the OS recovery tool of DELL It gave me an option to download Windows 10 Professional . As my Factory restore image I got surprised
    Then I decided to install Win 10 Pro on other partition as dual boot. and look what happened there when installation of win 10 Pro and Completed And as I connected to internet it got activated automatically as usually my previous win 10 pro education activates .

So I need to understand what is the matter?

Plz Help me understanding this.

:)

MoatassemSindhu, Jul 5, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

HDMI Licensing, LLC Releases HDMI Specification Version 1.4a

HDMI Licensing, LLC, the agent responsible for licensing the High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) specification, today announced, on behalf of the HDMI Founders, the release of HDMI Specification Version 1.4a featuring key enhancements for 3D applications including the addition of mandatory 3D formats for broadcast content as well as the addition of the 3D format referred to as Top-and-Bottom. The complete HDMI Specification Version 1.4a, along with the 1.4a version of the Compliance Test Specification (CTS), is available to Adopters on the HDMI Adopter Extranet.

An extraction of the 3D portion of Specification Version 1.4a is available for public download on the HDMI Website. The purpose of the extraction document is to provide public access to the 3D portion of the HDMI Specification for those companies and organizations that are not HDMI Adopters but require access to this portion of the Specification.

"We published these latest enhancements to support the market need for broadcast 3D content," said Steve Venuti, president of HDMI Licensing, LLC. "When we launched 1.4 in June of 2009, we deferred the selection of mandatory 3D format(s) for broadcast content until the market direction was more clearly defined. The market has spoken and the HDMI Consortium has listened and responded to accommodate those market needs."

The latest HDMI Specification adds key enhancements to support the market requirements for bringing broadcast 3D content into the home:
    • The addition of Top-and-Bottom to the Specification.
    • The addition of two mandatory formats for broadcast content:
      o Side-by-Side Horizontal
      o Top-and-Bottom
    With the addition of these two mandatory formats, the HDMI Specification Version 1.4a provides a level of interoperability for devices designed to deliver 3D content over the HDMI connection. The mandatory 3D formats are:

3D Mandatory Formats
    • For movie content:
      o Frame Packing
      + 1080p @ 23.98/24Hz
    • For game content:
      o Frame Packing
      + 720p @ 50 or 59.94/60Hz
    • For broadcast content:
      o Side-by-Side Horizontal
      + 1080i @ 50 or 59.94/60Hz
      o Top-and-Bottom
      + 720p @ 50 or 59.94/60Hz
      + 1080p @ 23.97/24Hz
    Implementing the mandatory formats of the HDMI Specification facilitates interoperability among devices, allowing devices to speak a common 3D language when transmitting and receiving 3D content. The mandatory requirements for devices implementing 3D formats are:
    • Displays – must support all mandatory formats.
    • Sources – must support at least one mandatory format.
    • Repeaters - must be able to pass through all mandatory formats.
    HDMI Adopters will have 90 days from the publication of the Specification Version 1.4a to build and sell products that are compliant with 1.4a as well as pass the CTS Version 1.4a. This also applies to legacy set-top boxes that may have upgraded to use Specification Version 1.4 signaling.

btarunr, Jul 5, 2019
  3. Your Windows license expires on...

Hi Hayurin,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to check which version of Windows is activated.

Follow the below steps.

• Go to settings.

• Click on update and recovery.

• Click on Activation.

• And check which version of Windows is activated.

If it shows as insider preview then i suggest you to contact Microsoft Phone support as they have the right resources to activate windows 10.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jul 5, 2019
  4. DrPepper Win User

One license for more than one versions.

Best way to keep vista clean and healthy

Yeah just caught it there.

I'm going to attempt to have a step by step guide on how to use these programs efficiently.

DrPepper, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

One license for more than one versions.

1. One license for more than one versions. - Similar Threads - license more versions

2. Computer Will Not Reboot Into More Than One Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Will Not Reboot Into More Than One Drive: I have two internal and two external drives. I wanted to switch one internal drive's operating system, but the computer only boots into a single drive. System configuration and Disk Management detect all the drives. Changing boot order from BIOS does nothing....
  3. Email used with more than one account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email used with more than one account: Hello,Since some days, when I try to connect to answers.microsoft.com, I see a page telling me: "It looks like this email is used with more than one account from Microsoft. Which one do you want to use?".If I select the 1st choice "Work or school account", it is a failure.If...
  4. Email used with more than one account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email used with more than one account: Hello,Since some days, when I try to connect to answers.microsoft.com, I see a page telling me: "It looks like this email is used with more than one account from Microsoft. Which one do you want to use?".If I select the 1st choice "Work or school account", it is a failure.If...
  5. more than one MBR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    more than one MBR: My OS disk boots from start on in XP. Still need that OS as my UMAX 2200 scanner is only fully supported by XP drivers. Later on bought W7 ultimate and installed it as multiboot. EasyBCD does the trick. No problem. Runs both. Had to upgrade to W10. As W10 tells me how to run...
  6. More than one Favorites Bar in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    More than one Favorites Bar in Edge: Can I have more than one Favorites Bar in Edge? In Chrome there is an extension that allows to witch between 2 bookmark bars. Does Edge have an extension like that? 156986
  7. More than one program maximizing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    More than one program maximizing.: Im new to Windows 10. Lets say I have 2 programs open. Im at the desktop, Why is it when I choose one of them from the task bar, the other one also maximizes behind it? Instead of the program I chose popping up with the desktop in the background, the program I chose pops up...
  8. More than one user name for Outlook.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    More than one user name for Outlook.: How do I access either address? Only one will come up in Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/more-than-one-user-name-for-outlook/9dc5907c-7a89-49bd-99e8-578ee1816b77"
  9. Highlight more than one pic. or file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Highlight more than one pic. or file: Before, as in week before last I was able, to have a small box at the top left corner of pictures, or files so could check more than one to move or copy, now I have to hold down the ctrl. button & it is a pain. I do use the ctrl lots of times, but it makes it easier if I had...
  10. Uploading more than one document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uploading more than one document: How do I upload more than one document when the file is open. I am only allowed to open one at a time, If I go to the document without trying to upload I am allowed to....