Windows 10: One Microsoft account - 2 computers

Discus and support One Microsoft account - 2 computers in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi there, Been wondering where to post this, i hope soft & apps is good category enough. Here is my situation. I just bought Forza Horizon 4, i have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by alainprst, Oct 4, 2018.

1. alainprst Win User

One Microsoft account - 2 computers

Hi there,

Been wondering where to post this, i hope soft & apps is good category enough.

Here is my situation.
    I just bought Forza Horizon 4, i have fiber at the office, so i downloaded it in couple hours and could play during lunch time.
    Then I started downloading at home (slow internet, 65Go taking 40hours...) leaving computer on during the day. And now at the office the game won't launch anymore, it shows splash screen and stops straight away, no error message nothing.
    If home computer is turned off, i can play at work.
    So I guess since my home computer is logged in with my account, i can't launch Forza at the office?

I've been doing this with Steam and uPlay, playing both at home/work and syncing savegame on the cloud so i could just continue the game wherever i was.

Is there a way to do that with win10/store ?

Office computer is often staying on during day/night for job purposes, so will i have issues at home when it's finished downloading and i am still logged in at work ?

Thanks in advance, hoping my explanation is clear enough!

All the best
    -al

:)

alainprst, Oct 4, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 4, 2018
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown One Microsoft account - 2 computers :(

Zakin, Oct 4, 2018
  4. One Microsoft account - 2 computers

sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

One Microsoft account - 2 computers

1. One Microsoft account - 2 computers - Similar Threads - Microsoft account computers

2. One Microsoft account for multiple computers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Microsoft account for multiple computers?: Hello everyone, I want to know if I use one user account for multiple computers, is it possible to create specific permissions for each computer.so that I want the rest of the computers to use certain permissions, applications and folders that I specify?Windows version:10...
  3. One Microsoft account for multiple computers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Microsoft account for multiple computers?: Hello everyone, I want to know if I use one user account for multiple computers, is it possible to create specific permissions for each computer.so that I want the rest of the computers to use certain permissions, applications and folders that I specify?Windows version:10...
  4. One Microsoft account for multiple computers?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Syncing One Account On 2 Computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Syncing One Account On 2 Computers: Hello,I was wondering if there is a way to have 2 different computers syncing as on so then i can work on one then go to the other and everything is the exact same.This is on Windows 10 btwThanks...
  6. Syncing One Account On 2 Computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Syncing One Account On 2 Computers: Hello,I was wondering if there is a way to have 2 different computers syncing as on so then i can work on one then go to the other and everything is the exact same.This is on Windows 10 btwThanks...
  7. Syncing One Account On 2 Computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. One microsoft account but 2 licenses

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    One microsoft account but 2 licenses: Last week I purchased a new laptop which came with Windows 10 pre installed and I used my Microsoft account for the set up. This week I purchased a Windows 10 Home license from a Microsoft Silver Partner, to use in a clean install on my old windows 7 laptop. I installed it...
  9. Microsoft Account - 2 computers - login fails on one

Microsoft Account - 2 computers - login fails on one: I tried to set up 2 computers with Microsoft Account for the first time. I (probably stupidly) had them side by side and entered the exact same password and password hint on both. Note that at that point I had not created any flash drive recovery. I then restarted both...
  10. Microsoft Account - 2 computers - login fails on one

Microsoft Account - 2 computers - login fails on one: I have 2 computers. I have just now set up Microsoft Login on both. I did them side-by-side and at the same time (and that may have been my mistake!) I used the exact same login name, password and password hint on both. I restarted both at about the same time. Now I can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. one microsoft account two computers

2. microsoft account on 2 computers

3. two computers one microsoft account

4. one microsoft account on two computers,
  5. link 2 computers with microsoft account,
  6. must mutiple computer have same password to access same email,
  7. 2 computers 1 microsoft account windows 10,
  8. can one microsoft account be used for multiple computers,
  9. 1 microsoft account multiple computers,
  10. one microsoft account mutiple pcs,
  11. one microsoft account 2 computers cant sign in,