Windows 10: One microsoft account but 2 licenses

Discus and support One microsoft account but 2 licenses in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Last week I purchased a new laptop which came with Windows 10 pre installed and I used my Microsoft account for the set up. This week I purchased a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by HelenT7, Dec 13, 2020.

1. HelenT7 Win User

One microsoft account but 2 licenses

Last week I purchased a new laptop which came with Windows 10 pre installed and I used my Microsoft account for the set up.

This week I purchased a Windows 10 Home license from a Microsoft Silver Partner, to use in a clean install on my old windows 7 laptop. I installed it using the same Microsoft account as I had used when doing the set up on my new laptop. The download went without a hitch but when I tried to activate the windows 10 licence I had purchased, it said that it was already activated even though I had not entered the key.

Is it really activated? Or, has the fact that I used exactly the same Microsoft account as I used on the set up for my new laptop, caused some conflict/issue? How can I/ is it possible to activate the second license and run the two simultaneously, on the same microsft account?

:)

HelenT7, Dec 13, 2020

2. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

One microsoft account but 2 licenses [​IMG]

MCardona81, Dec 13, 2020
  3. Ferdz Amp Win User
    2 license on my microsoft account

You won't need to enter any product key while going through the Windows 10 installation since you linked your Windows 10 digital license to your Microsoft account. You will be able to choose from the list of licensed devices that are currently linked to
    your Microsoft account by running the Activation troubleshooter. We recommend that you follow the steps provided in this support article for:

Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change

We hope the information we provided helps.

Ferdz Amp, Dec 13, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Link a Microsoft Account to a Windows 10 license

Hello Steve, and welcome to Ten Forums. One microsoft account but 2 licenses :)

What build of Windows 10 do you currently have installed?

*Arrow https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...mber-find.html

Starting in build 14371, if you see this part highlighted in yellow below in Settings -> Update & security -> Activation from step 7 in the tutorial posted above, then the PC's digital license is linked to your MSA.

One microsoft account but 2 licenses [​IMG]

Brink, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

1. One microsoft account but 2 licenses - Similar Threads - microsoft account licenses

2. One Microsoft account with OEM license key and another Microsoft account with OEM license...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    One Microsoft account with OEM license key and another Microsoft account with OEM license...: Hello, I have a question about OEM windows activation licenses.I bought two windows activation keys at a low price on the website they said they were RETAIL. On the laptop I added an activation license and on the computer the other activation key. I mention that the laptop...
  3. One Microsoft account with OEM license key and another Microsoft account with OEM license...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Microsoft account with OEM license key and another Microsoft account with OEM license...: Hello, I have a question about OEM windows activation licenses.I bought two windows activation keys at a low price on the website they said they were RETAIL. On the laptop I added an activation license and on the computer the other activation key. I mention that the laptop...
  4. One Microsoft account with OEM license key and another Microsoft account with OEM license...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. One Microsoft Account for two Windows 10 licenses

in Windows 10 Customization
    One Microsoft Account for two Windows 10 licenses: I have a Samsung Notebook that came with Windows 10, and I have been using it for more than a year.I just got a used Dell Desktop from a friend who moved out of town and no longer wanted the desktop. When I booted the desktop up, it was like a brand new device, and I had to...
  6. Two digital license into one microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Two digital license into one microsoft account?: Hello, I've been wondering if it is alright to link another digital license into a microsoft account that has already a digital license linked into it? I hope someone knows something about this. Thank you!...
  7. Multiple PC\Licenses on one Microsoft Account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple PC\Licenses on one Microsoft Account?: I have a Microsoft Account with my Desktop Windows 10 Pro license attached to it and I'm getting a laptop with W10 Home, can I use the same Microsoft Account for both PC's\Licenses without losing one of them or do i need\should I use two different accounts? submitted by...
  8. One Microsoft account - 2 computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Microsoft account - 2 computers: Hi there, Been wondering where to post this, i hope soft & apps is good category enough. Here is my situation. I just bought Forza Horizon 4, i have fiber at the office, so i downloaded it in couple hours and could play during lunch time. Then I started downloading at home...
  9. microsoft family 2 child accounts - one device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft family 2 child accounts - one device: i have 2 child accounts set up on my laptop with time limits set for both accounts - different times set for both. one account works and restrictions apply, the other account has access all the time the child logs in. do the accounts have to be on 2 different...
  10. Microsoft Account - 2 computers - login fails on one

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Account - 2 computers - login fails on one: I have 2 computers. I have just now set up Microsoft Login on both. I did them side-by-side and at the same time (and that may have been my mistake!) I used the exact same login name, password and password hint on both. I restarted both at about the same time. Now I can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft account with two digital licenses