Windows 10: One microsoft account - how many different Windows PC's / Activations can I have?

Discus and support One microsoft account - how many different Windows PC's / Activations can I have? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Morning all, I've got 2 desktop computers currently running Windows 10 Pro (activated with my outlook email account) and I'm about to add 2 more.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by T Monahan, Jan 5, 2019.

1. T Monahan Win User

One microsoft account - how many different Windows PC's / Activations can I have?

Morning all,

I've got 2 desktop computers currently running Windows 10 Pro (activated with my outlook email account) and I'm about to add 2 more. The two new desktops are preinstalled Windows 10 Pro and are awaiting activation. I've got my single Outlook email (which is associated with my Microsoft account). How many different individual machines can I activate under this single Microsoft account?

Is there a limit of how many computers can be individually activated for one person? Or should I start thinking of making separate accounts for each?

Cortana wants me to add an account during the initial Windows setup and I skipped it (opting for a local account instead) as I didn't want to confuse the Microsoft servers with my outlook on yet another machine(s). Or should I have just entered my outlook account and activated right away during those initial setup screens when Windows is "Getting things ready"???

:)

T Monahan, Jan 5, 2019
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown One microsoft account - how many different Windows PC's / Activations can I have? :(

Zakin, Jan 5, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 5, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

One microsoft account - how many different Windows PC's / Activations can I have?

Identifying PC's from Digital Activation in microsoft account

You will not need the product key to transfer a license. You have done it correctly by using a Microsoft account to register your digital licenses. it makes the transfer easy.

When you have replaced the motherboard and boot the PC in its deactivated state, check the computer name. It has remained unchanged, being the same it was before motherboard was replaced. When you know the PC name, select I recently changed hardware on this device:

One microsoft account - how many different Windows PC's / Activations can I have? [​IMG]

Sign in with your MS account. You will get a list of your registered devices. Select the same PC from the list, click Activate and continue following on-screen instructions:

One microsoft account - how many different Windows PC's / Activations can I have? [​IMG]

Tutorial: Use Activation Troubleshooter in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

In my case, I have never had any issues to do this. Only information you will need is the name of the PC to transfer its license to new hardware setup.

Kari, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

1. One microsoft account - how many different Windows PC's / Activations can I have? - Similar Threads - microsoft account many

2. Can I have seperate OneDrive accounts for different users on one PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I have seperate OneDrive accounts for different users on one PC?: We have a family PC running Windows 11 Home. I would like to be able to have a user account for my wife logged into her personal OneDrive account and then a separate user account for myself logged into my OneDrive account. Is this possible?...
  3. Can I have seperate OneDrive accounts for different users on one PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I have seperate OneDrive accounts for different users on one PC?: We have a family PC running Windows 11 Home. I would like to be able to have a user account for my wife logged into her personal OneDrive account and then a separate user account for myself logged into my OneDrive account. Is this possible?...
  4. how many computers can be on a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how many computers can be on a Microsoft account: How many computers can be on a Microsoft account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-many-computers-can-be-on-a-microsoft-account/bcf358a1-e319-46bd-b424-040ade155a4b
  5. how many computers can be on a Microsoft account

how many computers can be on a Microsoft account: How many computers can be on a Microsoft account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-many-computers-can-be-on-a-microsoft-account/bcf358a1-e319-46bd-b424-040ade155a4b
  6. how can I find out how many windows digital licenses I have on my microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I find out how many windows digital licenses I have on my microsoft account?: I am trying to find out how many windows digital licenses I have linked to my Microsoft account, and how I can move a digital license to a computer that had a motherboard replaced.reason being, I purchased a retail license years ago, for my older computer after my upgrade...
  7. how can I find out how many windows digital licenses I have on my microsoft account?

how can I find out how many windows digital licenses I have on my microsoft account?: I am trying to find out how many windows digital licenses I have linked to my Microsoft account, and how I can move a digital license to a computer that had a motherboard replaced.reason being, I purchased a retail license years ago, for my older computer after my upgrade...
  8. how can I find out how many windows digital licenses I have on my microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. one microsoft account with 3 pc but different password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    one microsoft account with 3 pc but different password?: I have 3 computers, with same Microsoft account, but I have 3 different password to start windows, I want to make same one password. Please help me how to do it....
  10. Changing the microsoft account to a different one

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing the microsoft account to a different one: Hello, Currently the onedrive doesn't synchronize one file. This may be due to being signed in into the wrong account on the pc itself. if I were to change to the correct account will the local files that are already on this pc be lost?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how many pcs on microsoft account

2. how many computers link to one microsoft account

3. can there be one microsoft ACCOUNT for many computers

4. microsoft account how many pcs,
  5. how many laptops can have microsoft account,
  6. microsoft account how many different pc act,
  7. how many pc on one microsoft account,
  8. w10 how many activations do you get per account