Windows 10: One Microsoft Account, two PCs and two different licences.

Discus and support One Microsoft Account, two PCs and two different licences. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello guys. Please help me with a guidance, how to properly do such process: Conditions: I got my Microsoft Account, with one desktop device on it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Sergei N.Ivanov, Mar 6, 2020.

1. One Microsoft Account, two PCs and two different licences.

Hello guys. Please help me with a guidance, how to properly do such process:

Conditions:

I got my Microsoft Account, with one desktop device on it main PC and a Windows Home LicenseOEM.

I am buying a new PC for my second location in my country. I do not want to make second Microsoft Account.

So I need to buy a new version of Windows and install it on new PC, but set up under the same Microsoft Account.

Please, tell how to:
    1. add new license of purchased Windows not windows store to my actual Microsoft account and

2. than after building a new PC, make it understand, that I have one more license specially for this new PC on same Microsoft account?

Or I go just

for an installation tool from Microsoft>

make USB with Windows>

than build new PC>

than purchase a digital license of Windows>

install Windows from USB>

in installation process I enter my new license KEY data and log in with same actual Microsoft Account>
    than system will see that I used new license but logged in with an actual Account and it will add the information of new license, one more new desktop device to my Microsoft account automatically?

this means you can download Windows and make USB whatever you have windows or not for now, but in installation process on new PC you will need the KEY to make Windows work, that is how it works or what?Here they say:

"To get started, you will first need to have a license to install Windows 10" - what does it mean - that I can buy a new license anywhere I want, and than in the installation process enter it with my login information, or I need to buy license first and add it to account and only than make this USB or something, I really can not understand...

Thanks in advance

:)

Sergei N.Ivanov, Mar 6, 2020

2. How to verify that my Windows 10 licence is associated with my Hotmail/Microsoft account

Do those steps:

• Use the keyboard shortcut Windows-I to open the Settings application.
    • Select Update & Security.
    • Select Activation

One Microsoft Account, two PCs and two different licences. SU1Ru.png

Here you see the current status. If the account has no licence you can click on Add an account, enter your account data and the account gets the license added.

You can see this in the next step in the same dialog:

One Microsoft Account, two PCs and two different licences. Gc0yx.png

magicandre1981, Mar 6, 2020
  3. Donchik Win User
    Identifying PC's from Digital Activation in microsoft account

Hello Kari, and Cereberus,

Thanks for looking at my post.

I understand that if enough of the original PC remains for Microsoft to identify it correctly then the PC should automatically get recognised.

Your screenshot actually shows the issue I have, which is a multitude of PC's with names but no licence information. I was hoping to be able to list the correct product key for each rather than go through all the PC's one by one hoping not to wreck the licence on the other PC's attached to the Microsoft Account.

It seems odd that I cannot interrogate the Microsoft Account to list the licence information, and that I appear to be limited to just these vague names within the trouble-shooter. Is there a way to access the full licence information from another PC when I'm logged in as the licence holder?

Many thanks,
    D.

Donchik, Mar 6, 2020
  4. One Microsoft Account, two PCs and two different licences.

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

One Microsoft Account, two PCs and two different licences.

1. One Microsoft Account, two PCs and two different licences. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account PCs

2. One Microsoft account and two different devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Microsoft account and two different devices: Hello, I have a question. I have a laptop connected to my Microsoft account, can I also connect my PC to the same Microsoft account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-microsoft-account-and-two-different-devices/a06a256b-8b49-42f6-b80d-ab49928a3e6e
  3. One Microsoft account and two different devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Microsoft account and two different devices: Hello, I have a question. I have a laptop connected to my Microsoft account, can I also connect my PC to the same Microsoft account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-microsoft-account-and-two-different-devices/a06a256b-8b49-42f6-b80d-ab49928a3e6e
  4. Two PCs but two different internet speeds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two PCs but two different internet speeds: I get on about 450Mbps on my several Dell Windows 10 PCs. However, one of my Dell PCs is running Windows 7. The speed on it is about 8Mbps. All of the PCs are networked via Cat5 cables. My iPhones see about 100Mbps wireless of course.So is it Windows 7 that causes the...
  5. Stuttering and Hitching on two different PCs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuttering and Hitching on two different PCs: So this is particularly prevalent in games, there’s an intermittent stutter like a dropped frame or two, it’s driving me mad - what’s worse is I’m encountering it on two different rigs.1st rig: Ryzen 5 5600X, 16GB 3000MHz, 3060Ti 8GB, NVME SSD2nd rig: Ryzen 9 5800H, 16GB...
  6. One PC, two accounts, one licence?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    One PC, two accounts, one licence?: Hello there, I'd like to know if I need two separate Windows 10 licences if I want to use one PC but with two different A/D accounts. The background is that my company wants to give every employee one account with and one account without admin rights. Thank you for your...
  7. One Microsoft account, two PCs?

in Windows 10 Customization
    One Microsoft account, two PCs?: Let's say someone knows my Microsoft account data and logs in with my account on another PC kilometers away from mine. Will I receive a notification about this activity? Can the person change something in my PC settings (e.g. admin rights, account type on my PC)? Ein...
  8. Two Microsoft accounts and two pcs - How to put both pcs on one Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Two Microsoft accounts and two pcs - How to put both pcs on one Microsoft account: I purchased a new desktop pc with Windows 10. Signed in with my Microsoft account. No problem. Now I got a new laptop and when I went to sign in and register it, it wouldn't take my current Microsoft log-in info (email address, user id). It asked me to select a new email...
  9. Two laptops, one onedrive account but different path-name on the two different laptops

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two laptops, one onedrive account but different path-name on the two different laptops: Laptop one: C:\Nyvoll Consult as\Prosjekt - Bygg Prosjekt Laptop two: C:\Nyvoll Consult as\Nyvoll Consult as\Prosjekt - Bygg Prosjekt I use my laptops as a professional, and a lot of files are linked together. But with different paths, this is a problem. How to fix?...
  10. Activating two PCs using one account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activating two PCs using one account: Hello everyone. I have an Acer Aspire E1-572G notebook running windows 10. I upgraded it about two years ago from windows 8.1. I also have an old ASUS P5B SE running windows 7. I read somewhere that windows 10 works better than windows 7 on old PCs; So I want to install...