Windows 10: One Microsoft account, two PCs?

Discus and support One Microsoft account, two PCs? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Let's say someone knows my Microsoft account data and logs in with my account on another PC kilometers away from mine. Will I receive a notification... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by YOSH139, Jun 14, 2020.

1. YOSH139 Win User

One Microsoft account, two PCs?

Let's say someone knows my Microsoft account data and logs in with my account on another PC kilometers away from mine. Will I receive a notification about this activity? Can the person change something in my PC settings (e.g. admin rights, account type on my PC)?

:)

YOSH139, Jun 14, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jun 14, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Thema:

1. One Microsoft account, two PCs? - Similar Threads - Microsoft account PCs

2. Two same microsoft account in one notebook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two same microsoft account in one notebook: Hi,When I turn on my laptop, i do not neccesary to write a password, because i deleted is before. windows+r, netplwiz, uncheck Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.Now I wanted to turn back the passwd, but there isnt this checkbock anymore. I sat a...
  3. One microsoft account and two profiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    One microsoft account and two profiles: Good morning, I have a MS account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** but it has two profiles, one for me and one for my son. Can someone tell me how to switch between the two? Here are screenshots to assist in troubleshooting. Dr Tracy is me and Dr Bonehead is...
  4. Merging two microsoft accounts into one

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Merging two microsoft accounts into one: To clarify. I have two Microsoft accounts, one built around an incredibly old hotmail email I no longer use, and another built with my current, professional-used email. The issue lies in that due to all the automatic assignment, some of my services are associated with one,...
  5. Is it better to make two Microsoft accounts or one account and two users?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it better to make two Microsoft accounts or one account and two users?: Hi! I just got an laptop and I want to have two profiles for me and my brother. The problem is that the secondary profile associated with an separate Microsoft account gets broken and displays "we can't sign into your account". Since the desktop is new, I had nothing on it...
  6. Two Microsoft Accounts, One Email

Two Microsoft Accounts, One Email: I appear to have two Microsoft Accounts linked to the same email address. One is the account I set up myself using my work email address. The other appears to be an account that my IT Department has set up using my email address. Is there a way to combine these or any...
  7. One Microsoft Account, two PCs and two different licences.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    One Microsoft Account, two PCs and two different licences.: Hello guys. Please help me with a guidance, how to properly do such process: Conditions: I got my Microsoft Account, with one desktop device on it main PC and a Windows Home LicenseOEM. I am buying a new PC for my second location in my country. I do not want to make...
  8. Two Microsoft accounts and two pcs - How to put both pcs on one Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Two Microsoft accounts and two pcs - How to put both pcs on one Microsoft account: I purchased a new desktop pc with Windows 10. Signed in with my Microsoft account. No problem. Now I got a new laptop and when I went to sign in and register it, it wouldn't take my current Microsoft log-in info (email address, user id). It asked me to select a new email...
  9. Linking two microsoft accounts to one

Linking two microsoft accounts to one: Hi microsoft community, I would like to know that if I have two microsoft accounts and I want to link them to one account i.e. making one primary account, how can this be done? I know the process of adding another email to your outlook mail, but I'm not looking for that...
  10. Activating two PCs using one account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activating two PCs using one account: Hello everyone. I have an Acer Aspire E1-572G notebook running windows 10. I upgraded it about two years ago from windows 8.1. I also have an old ASUS P5B SE running windows 7. I read somewhere that windows 10 works better than windows 7 on old PCs; So I want to install...