Windows 10: one million useless process running

Discus and support one million useless process running in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; why am i the only one that see an issue with an endless list of windows services running nonstop 24/7 using all my CPU to the point I can not even use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Christoph Yorkshire, Dec 22, 2019.

1. one million useless process running

why am i the only one that see an issue with an endless list of windows services running nonstop 24/7 using all my CPU to the point I can not even use the computer. How does one become an MVP and fail to see this huge issue with windows 10. Nonstop useless services running. MS store should never run. MS telementry should never run. MS content should never run. And they most certainly should not be using 20% CPU each. I have mentioned this. Everyone just dismisses what I say and tell me I wrong, I love windows.

WINDOWS 10 DOES NOT WORK! IT IS SLOW, UNSAFE AND TERRIBLE.

:)

Christoph Yorkshire, Dec 22, 2019

2. Process running but not starting in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to run applications on Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may be due to application conflicts.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the explorer issue.

• Press Alt+ctr+Del from Desktop.

• Select Task Manager.

• Under process tab, locate the apps that are running.

• Right Click on the application and select End Task.

• Please try accessing the application again and check if you are able to run the application.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to run
    the program in Compatibility mode, please follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Program
    • Click on Properties
    • Click on Compatibility tab
    • Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 22, 2019
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Dec 22, 2019
  4. taschenck Win User

one million useless process running

Bitlocker Encryption Process Failed and PC is rendered useless

Thank you Vanessa. I went ahead and posted there and did receive replies.

For anyone who might come across this post:

• we were able to get the pc to identify a bitlocker error code 80070057 in regards to not finding a separate partition.
    • when checking whether the pc was encrypted, the pc said 'unknown'.
    • when we accessed the un-encrypt screen using recovery media, the pc could not process the recovery key.
    Apparently, an error occurred during the encryption process leaving the laptop useless.

We cleared the hard drive and started over. We tried bitlocker again and it worked. One difference was on this go round, the pc said we needed to change the pc policies because it did not have a tpm chip. For some reason, that did not occur on the first
    go round. So, the thought is 'somehow' the bitlocker encryption process was able to start on the first go round without requiring a change in the policy and without that change, the encryption process started but got stuck and rendered the pc useless.

Fortunately, we are back up and running though I have a lot of work ahead updating the software and settings.

taschenck, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

one million useless process running

1. one million useless process running - Similar Threads - million useless process

2. Various Different Process Running With One Window Open - Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Various Different Process Running With One Window Open - Task Manager: I have this issue with various different applications such as Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Word that will show more processes running than windows I have open and it is boggling down my processing power. For example, I have five 5 tabs open under one window...
  3. Various Different Process Running With One Window Open - Task Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Various Different Process Running With One Window Open - Task Manager: I have this issue with various different applications such as Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Word that will show more processes running than windows I have open and it is boggling down my processing power. For example, I have five 5 tabs open under one window...
  4. Useless and harmful processes in Windows 10 for the computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Useless and harmful processes in Windows 10 for the computer.: I am an ordinary gamer. I purchased Windows 10 only because I need to install an MMO game that I play with my friends who are living in different parts of this planet. When I turn on my computer, I open the Google browser, check Google Mail, read Google News, and then launch...
  5. Useless and harmful processes in Windows 10 for the computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Useless and harmful processes in Windows 10 for the computer.: I am an ordinary gamer. I purchased Windows 10 only because I need to install an MMO game that I play with my friends who are living in different parts of this planet. When I turn on my computer, I open the Google browser, check Google Mail, read Google News, and then launch...
  6. Useless and harmful processes in Windows 10 for the computer.

7. Millions of PCs still run Windows 7, one year after Microsoft ended support

in Windows 10 News
    Millions of PCs still run Windows 7, one year after Microsoft ended support: Windows 7 reached its end of support period in January, but its market share numbers did not drop significantly over the last eleven months as users rejected Microsoft’s free Windows 10 upgrade offer. Windows 7 was first released in 2009 and Microsoft pulled mainstream...
  8. Background Processes Running

Background Processes Running: I bought my laptop recently and yesterday they installed Microsoft 365 and today is the first time I am using it and there are 91 background processes in my task manager. Why do I have 91 background processes running in Task Manager when I have only just booted up my...
  9. game process not run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game process not run: When I run a game called Euro Truck Simulator 2, it does not happen after selecting Yes in the user account control window. This problem arose a week ago. I have another game with the same platform called american truck simulator running without any problems. All my games...
  10. Windows 10 Mobile Already Running on 1 Million Phones

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Mobile Already Running on 1 Million Phones: The final OS is projected to launch in the coming weeks [img] Microsoft has recently revealed that Windows 10 was running on 200 million devices across the world, explaining that adoption of the new operating system goes much better than it did in the case of...