Windows 10: One monitor brighter than the other one?

Discus and support One monitor brighter than the other one? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Since a few days I have a dual-screen setup but one thing is bugging me: The left (LG Flatron W2261VP) is BRIGHTER than my older right monitor (IIYAMA)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by RingTailCoon, Nov 8, 2018.

1. RingTailCoon Win User

One monitor brighter than the other one?

Since a few days I have a dual-screen setup but one thing is bugging me: The left (LG Flatron W2261VP) is BRIGHTER than my older right monitor (IIYAMA) and it's very noticable on the taskbar. I now have a brown taskbar and one bar is SIGNIFICALLY brighter than the other one)

How can I adjust the colours so one monitor matches the other one? Cause one is now 'bleaker' than the other.

:)

RingTailCoon, Nov 8, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Prabhavathi Patil Win User
    Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Nov 8, 2018
  4. SujataMoktan Win User

i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

1. One monitor brighter than the other one? - Similar Threads - monitor brighter

2. My computer doesn't show a HDMI cable but says shutting down monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer doesn't show a HDMI cable but says shutting down monitor: I recently switched cables from DVI to HDMI. My computer doesn't automatically switch to the HDMI but says 'no cable connected' yet when I manually switch on the monitor, the HDMI is active. What do I need to do to get the HDMI detected on boot?...
  3. second monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    second monitor: does not detect second monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-monitor/656e1bb1-f609-495a-9a68-65984e9a9f85
  4. KVM Switching Causes Monitors to be Rediscovered - Win10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    KVM Switching Causes Monitors to be Rediscovered - Win10: Hi all, this is my inaugural post into tenforums so thanks in advance for entertaining my issue. I hope I'm covering all the bases here but let me know if I need to provide more info. I did complete my PC specs page with most of the info but I can get more specific if needed....
  5. My backgrounds go black everytime my monitors turn on from sleep. and my backgrounds will...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My backgrounds go black everytime my monitors turn on from sleep. and my backgrounds will...: So i have a 144 hz monitor and a 60 hz monitor recently i had a few problems where the screen will go black and then back on and back to normal when ever i wake up my monitors. And like 1/10 times the background will get removed and the option reverts back to solid color. If...
  6. How to disable Windows opening programs on inactive monitors?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable Windows opening programs on inactive monitors?: Hi all, I have 3 monitors in my setup and I am really getting annoyed how Windows 10 starts a program on the last used monitor. I sometimes turn one or more of my monitors off when I am not using them, but never my main one since it is broken. Is there any way I can...
  7. how do I turn down brightness on ACER monitor. No brightness button in Display on Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I turn down brightness on ACER monitor. No brightness button in Display on Settings: how do I turn down brightness on ACER monitor. No brightness button in Display on Settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-down-brightness-on-acer-monitor-no/be9375ed-e975-4b2c-877d-af10db54de46
  8. Multiple important executables are suspended under Resource Monitor!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple important executables are suspended under Resource Monitor!!!: Ive been wondering why whst is osrt of the cire of the IS such as SearchUI.exe, aka Cortana, ShellExperienceHost exe, aka tasbar, task tray and other features like the app store and such work like they're drunk because the are suspended and ehen i right click hit resune, it...
  9. PC not detecting when monitor turns off

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    PC not detecting when monitor turns off: I have my PC connected to a TCL 4K TV via an Active HDMI cable. Unlike my Mac, which usually detects when an external monitor is off and brings windows to the active display, my PC does not know the difference between when the TV is on or off. So, whenever I want to turn it...
  10. One monitor brighter than the other one?

in Windows 10 Support
    One monitor brighter than the other one?: Since a few days I have a dual-screen setup but one thing is bugging me: The left (LG Flatron W2261VP) is BRIGHTER than my older right monitor (IIYAMA) and it's very noticable on the taskbar. I now have a brown taskbar and one bar is SIGNIFICALLY brighter than the other one)...