Windows 10: One of 2 monitors goes off intermittently

Discus and support One of 2 monitors goes off intermittently in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.836 One of my 2 PC monitors has just started going off intermittently. When it goes off it stays off typically about 30... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by woldsweather, Jun 5, 2020.

1. One of 2 monitors goes off intermittently

Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.836

One of my 2 PC monitors has just started going off intermittently. When it goes off it stays off typically about 30 seconds and comes back for a few minutes. It has done this once or twice before buy many many weeks ago and previously many weeks before that.

The power cable is firmly attached. I would appreciate any suggestions a to what could be going on.

:)

woldsweather, Jun 5, 2020

2. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jun 5, 2020
  3. i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jun 5, 2020
  4. tep2 Win User

One of 2 monitors goes off intermittently

High System Resource Use (Intermittent)

My disk usage goes from 0% to 100% randomly and intermittently according to the Resource Monitor from Advanced System Care. I have tried every strategy suggested from a Google search but with no luck. Would anyone have a suggestion on how to resolve
    this issue? Thanks in advance.

tep2, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

One of 2 monitors goes off intermittently

1. One of 2 monitors goes off intermittently - Similar Threads - monitors goes off

2. External monitor display goes on and off repeatedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External monitor display goes on and off repeatedly: I have a Dell XPS 15 9570 running Windows 11 22H2This has been going on 2 weeks. I spent a couple of hours with MS tech support who uninstalled and reinstalled all the graphic drivers and ran tests to no avail. I had the computer serviced with new thermal paste. I bought a...
  3. External monitor display goes on and off repeatedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External monitor display goes on and off repeatedly: I have a Dell XPS 15 9570 running Windows 11 22H2This has been going on 2 weeks. I spent a couple of hours with MS tech support who uninstalled and reinstalled all the graphic drivers and ran tests to no avail. I had the computer serviced with new thermal paste. I bought a...
  4. cursor goes off screen as if there was another monitor

cursor goes off screen as if there was another monitor: win 11 pronvidia drivers: 531.41 using a 3090tinothing was wrong but i figured I should update the drivers after another program had an issue with my older drivers, it messed up a few things fixed those, but now my cursor is moving off the screen on the left side of the...
  5. Windows External Monitor - Intermittently Blinking on and Off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows External Monitor - Intermittently Blinking on and Off: I don't have a question anymore, but I wanted to post here in case someone else has the same issue. I have a Lenovo laptop running Windows 11 with 2 external monitors. For months, the external monitors would blink on and off -- intermittently and I couldn't figure out if I...
  6. Windows External Monitor - Intermittently Blinking on and Off

Windows External Monitor - Intermittently Blinking on and Off: I don't have a question anymore, but I wanted to post here in case someone else has the same issue. I have a Lenovo laptop running Windows 11 with 2 external monitors. For months, the external monitors would blink on and off -- intermittently and I couldn't figure out if I...
  7. my monitor goes off intermittently every 2-5 minutes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my monitor goes off intermittently every 2-5 minutes: Hi,my monitor goes off intermittently every 2-5 minutes. It's connected through a VGA cable to my laptop.The only thing that helped is that if I run a game in the background it would stop. SO I chose a small game and have to run it on my background all the time so I can use...
  8. One of my 2 monitors randomly goes off for 1-2 seconds

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    One of my 2 monitors randomly goes off for 1-2 seconds: I am using a desktop PC and 2 monitors. One of my monitors - the main one- will go black for 1-2 seconds then come back on. This problem may disappear for up to 2 weeks and then one day come back every few minutes. The cable isn't loose. What else could it be? The monitor is...
  9. 2 Monitors, new one blurry and off-color.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    2 Monitors, new one blurry and off-color.: I have recently got a new Dell-SE2417HG Monitor for Christmas, I have had my Dell-P2214H Monitor for a long time, and it has always been the correct color and perfectly focused. When I got my new monitor I noticed it was slightly blurry and very off-color. I have tried...
  10. Monitor does not goes off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor does not goes off: I have set my power option to go off the monitor after 20 minutes and computer to go off - Never. But the monitor never goes off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-does-not-goes-off/2de13d24-ac74-49f0-8ea8-60a732db1a44