Windows 10: One of my 2 monitors randomly goes off for 1-2 seconds

Discus and support One of my 2 monitors randomly goes off for 1-2 seconds in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I am using a desktop PC and 2 monitors. One of my monitors - the main one- will go black for 1-2 seconds then come back on. This problem may disappear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by woldsweather, May 11, 2020.

1. One of my 2 monitors randomly goes off for 1-2 seconds

I am using a desktop PC and 2 monitors. One of my monitors - the main one- will go black for 1-2 seconds then come back on. This problem may disappear for up to 2 weeks and then one day come back every few minutes. The cable isn't loose. What else could it be? The monitor is an AOC (will have to find out how to trace the model number if needed)

:)

woldsweather, May 11, 2020
  2. pizza.dan Win User

Change monitor 2 to monitor 1 and make it stay.

I did as you suggested, but the problem was not resolved. Windows detects the monitors just fine, but I need to switch monitor 2 to be numbered monitor 1. The main diplay has not effect, as once monitor 1 is turned on monitor two looses display.

pizza.dan, May 11, 2020
  3. multiple monitors change 1/2 to 1 and 2

When I do that, the primary screen goes to Monitor 2 and I cannot get my mouse to cross over my primary monitor. I think I can change the "1/2" screen in Display by right-clicking on the Clock/Date logo in the bottom right, but I don't know what to click
    on when I open those settings. Can you help?

sunconference, May 11, 2020
  4. One of my 2 monitors randomly goes off for 1-2 seconds

2 virtual desktops on 2 monitors

I have 2 monitors on my PC, and I want to have 2 virtual desktops, 1 on first monitor and 1 on second. Can I achieve that?

Quadrition, May 11, 2020
Thema:

One of my 2 monitors randomly goes off for 1-2 seconds

1. One of my 2 monitors randomly goes off for 1-2 seconds - Similar Threads - monitors randomly goes

2. My screens will only power off for 1-2 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screens will only power off for 1-2 seconds: I've recently upgraded to win11 from 10.I have 3 monitors.I've tried setting my power settings to both balanced and best.When I set the "turn your monitor OFF after..." to 1 minute or 5, they all turn off on schedule.THEN about 1.5 to 2 seconds later, they all come back on....
  3. My screens will only power off for 1-2 seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My screens will only power off for 1-2 seconds: I've recently upgraded to win11 from 10.I have 3 monitors.I've tried setting my power settings to both balanced and best.When I set the "turn your monitor OFF after..." to 1 minute or 5, they all turn off on schedule.THEN about 1.5 to 2 seconds later, they all come back on....
  4. Monitor 1/2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor 1/2: Why is my first monitor showing up as monitor 1/2 while me second shows up as 3? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-12/da4f197f-5930-4f7b-a348-e679c7f56be6
  5. Monitor 1/2

Monitor 1/2: Why is my first monitor showing up as monitor 1/2 while me second shows up as 3? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-12/da4f197f-5930-4f7b-a348-e679c7f56be6
  6. Monitor 1/2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Desktop fan randomly goes full power for 1-2 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop fan randomly goes full power for 1-2 seconds: Hello,I hope someone will be able to help me with this.So yesterday I bought a new prebuild desktop and I installed Windows 11 on it, and every once in a while one of the fans just decides to go full power, lasting 1-2 seconds. Me playing something, me browsing the web, me...
  8. Desktop fan randomly goes full power for 1-2 seconds

Desktop fan randomly goes full power for 1-2 seconds: Hello,I hope someone will be able to help me with this.So yesterday I bought a new prebuild desktop and I installed Windows 11 on it, and every once in a while one of the fans just decides to go full power, lasting 1-2 seconds. Me playing something, me browsing the web, me...
  9. Second monitor -- duplicate screen 1 and 2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor -- duplicate screen 1 and 2: I have a new HP Pavilion laptop. In the display settings, I cannot select monitor 1 or 2 -- it only says "1/2." My second monitor shows a duplicate of the laptop screen, but I need to be able to teach with Zoom and see slides on one screen and participants on another.Thank...
  10. One of 2 monitors goes off intermittently

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    One of 2 monitors goes off intermittently: Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.836 One of my 2 PC monitors has just started going off intermittently. When it goes off it stays off typically about 30 seconds and comes back for a few minutes. It has done this once or twice before buy many many weeks ago and previously many...