Windows 10: One of my 2 monitors randomly goes off for 1-2 seconds

Discus and support One of my 2 monitors randomly goes off for 1-2 seconds in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I am using a desktop PC and 2 monitors. One of my monitors - the main one- will go black for 1-2 seconds then come back on. This problem may disappear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by woldsweather, May 11, 2020.

1. One of my 2 monitors randomly goes off for 1-2 seconds

I am using a desktop PC and 2 monitors. One of my monitors - the main one- will go black for 1-2 seconds then come back on. This problem may disappear for up to 2 weeks and then one day come back every few minutes. The cable isn't loose. What else could it be? The monitor is an AOC (will have to find out how to trace the model number if needed)

:)

woldsweather, May 11, 2020
  2. pizza.dan Win User

Change monitor 2 to monitor 1 and make it stay.

I did as you suggested, but the problem was not resolved. Windows detects the monitors just fine, but I need to switch monitor 2 to be numbered monitor 1. The main diplay has not effect, as once monitor 1 is turned on monitor two looses display.

pizza.dan, May 11, 2020
  3. multiple monitors change 1/2 to 1 and 2

When I do that, the primary screen goes to Monitor 2 and I cannot get my mouse to cross over my primary monitor. I think I can change the "1/2" screen in Display by right-clicking on the Clock/Date logo in the bottom right, but I don't know what to click
    on when I open those settings. Can you help?

sunconference, May 11, 2020
  4. One of my 2 monitors randomly goes off for 1-2 seconds

2 virtual desktops on 2 monitors

I have 2 monitors on my PC, and I want to have 2 virtual desktops, 1 on first monitor and 1 on second. Can I achieve that?

Quadrition, May 11, 2020
Thema:

One of my 2 monitors randomly goes off for 1-2 seconds

1. One of my 2 monitors randomly goes off for 1-2 seconds - Similar Threads - monitors randomly goes

2. want monitor 2 to stay and not change while monitor 1 can switch between 1 and 2

in Windows 10 Customization
    want monitor 2 to stay and not change while monitor 1 can switch between 1 and 2: I use monitor 2 as a customer facing monitor for teaching, I want my desktop on monitor 1. Because I cant see monitor 2, I would like to be able to see a mirror of it on monitor 1 without swapping 1 and 2. i do not want the customer facing monitor 2 to show my desk top....
  3. Windows seeing 2 monitors as 1 monitor.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows seeing 2 monitors as 1 monitor.: Hi there, When I started my PC today Windows spread the screen you would normally see on 1 monitor onto 2 monitors. This caused me to have a wide screen. This looks really weird. Is there a way to fix this problem so I see 1 monitor screen on one monitor instead of 2...
  4. Setting monitor 2 as monitor 1

Setting monitor 2 as monitor 1: Hello, I've recently got a two monitor setup on my Windows 10. I want to set my main monitor 144hz as monitor 1. Currently it is displayed as monitor 2. Is there a way to switch these monitors? I've set my 144hz monitor as my main display in the display settings....
  5. multiple monitors change 1/2 to 1 and 2

multiple monitors change 1/2 to 1 and 2: When I go to Settings and Display, my multiple monitors show "1/2" instead of 1 and 2. I think you can change this by right clicking on the clock/date on the bottom right, but I don't know which to select when I get there. Help?...
  6. Switching which monitor is 1 or 2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching which monitor is 1 or 2: I would like to switch which monitor is 1 or 2 in a dual monitor setup. I realize I can select which monitor is my default monitor but this is not sufficient. When I use windows key+P If I choose "computer monitor" it does not go to my default monitor. The other issue is,...
  7. running 1 all in one pc with 2 extra monitors

running 1 all in one pc with 2 extra monitors: Hi I have go a hp all in one computer running windows 10 with a hdmi socket at the rear, i am trying to add 2 monitors from it i have brought a 1x4 hdmi splitter and 2 dvi to hdmi leads for the monitors. i have plugged them all in but 1 monitor is showing the same screen...
  8. 2 Monitors, new one blurry and off-color.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    2 Monitors, new one blurry and off-color.: I have recently got a new Dell-SE2417HG Monitor for Christmas, I have had my Dell-P2214H Monitor for a long time, and it has always been the correct color and perfectly focused. When I got my new monitor I noticed it was slightly blurry and very off-color. I have tried...
  9. 1 monitors 2 printers

1 monitors 2 printers: how do I get my screen and printouts to show black properly as black not grey https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1-monitors-2-printers/7971484a-14b1-4a85-a6e0-f047d86915b8
  10. My mouse pointer stops every 1/2 seconds

My mouse pointer stops every 1/2 seconds: Hello, sine last July after I decided to reinstall Win10 on my laptop (Dell Inspiron15 3000) the mouse pointer started to stop every 1/ seconds. I tried to update drivers, use dell update but nothing seems to work. It happen both when I use the touch pad and/or the a...