Windows 10: One of my 4 cores is using 100%??

Discus and support One of my 4 cores is using 100%?? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I dont know where to ask this question but as im playing a game and looking at its benchmarks, i noticed that one of my cores is at 100% while the rest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/OceanSause, Aug 2, 2020.

1. One of my 4 cores is using 100%??

I dont know where to ask this question but as im playing a game and looking at its benchmarks, i noticed that one of my cores is at 100% while the rest keep jumping from around 10-50%. Does anybody know if this is normal? I dont know much about pcs,I have a gaming laptop with a i7 6700HQ. Any help?

submitted by /u/OceanSause
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/OceanSause, Aug 2, 2020

2. System process using 100% of one core

Our system process is using 100% of one of four cores.

Zipped ETL file is here: Hightail Spaces.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

T.

tfield1952, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 2, 2020
  4. One of my 4 cores is using 100%??

System process using 100% of one core

Hi, Jesssen,

ETL files are the output of the Windows Performance Record written up here:

See http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...recorder/a1648e8c-50c7-4243-9f1d-4216385c7ff3

As for cores, my Intel chip has four cores. One of them is consuming 25% of my total available CPU resources.

Can you tell me: Is there another forum that is better for me to post this question? Perhaps as a reply to the above-linked post?

Tom

tfield1952, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

One of my 4 cores is using 100%??

1. One of my 4 cores is using 100%?? - Similar Threads - cores using 100%

2. One of the cores on my PC is not being used after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One of the cores on my PC is not being used after startup: https://imgur.com/a/4tCTnAF https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-of-the-cores-on-my-pc-is-not-being-used-after/16b3bb41-c617-4f9f-9af3-5f2fe68a8085
  3. Will using 4 cores for Windows brick my PC?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Will using 4 cores for Windows brick my PC?: So, in msconfig, it says it's using only 1 core for Windows to run. So, will enabling 4 cores brick my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-using-4-cores-for-windows-brick-my-pc/d89d14cd-f6db-499b-9946-10c8036ad122
  4. My Processor is 4 Cores but I can't use 4 Cores, I am only able to use 1 Core

My Processor is 4 Cores but I can't use 4 Cores, I am only able to use 1 Core: Here you can see in the task manager, it shows cores: 1, but in device manager there are 4 cores. I went to System Configuration and turned on all 4 cores and played Minecraft smoothly, but recently Minecraft started lagging. So I went to the task manager and saw this and...
  5. My computer is only using 1 core, cpu comes with 4.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer is only using 1 core, cpu comes with 4.: I am using the hp elitebook with the intel 8265u processor. The one I have comes with 16gb of ram and 4 cores, but when I’m in task manager, it says I am only using one. I have tried going into msconfig, but when I try to change the boot option, it only shows one core. How...
  6. 2 Cores being used, not 4

2 Cores being used, not 4: I have a processor with 4 cores and because Windows is buggy, it only uses 2. Expected, but what does one do to solve such troubles apart from downloading Linux? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-cores-being-used-not-4/b146acd2-eeba-46a6-99b6-df444d1cdc01
  7. Hardwear Conflict System Interrupts keeping one core at 100%

Hardwear Conflict System Interrupts keeping one core at 100%: I've had this problem on my Clevo P650RS laptop for around a year now and have found no long term solution. When in hybrid graphics mode the process System Interrupts is keeping one core at 100% that's 12.5% overall utilisation with about 20W of power consumption, this...
  8. Hardwear Conflict System Interrups keeping one core at 100%

Hardwear Conflict System Interrups keeping one core at 100%: I've had this problem on my Clevo P650RS laptop for around a year now and have found no long term solution. When in hybrid graphics mode the process System Interrupts is keeping one core at 100% that's 12.5% overall utilisation with about 20W of power consumption, this...
  9. Hardwear Colfilct System Interrups keeping one core at 100%

Hardwear Colfilct System Interrups keeping one core at 100%: I've had this problem on my Clevo P650RS laptop for around a year now and have found no long term solution. When in hybrid graphics mode the process System Interrupts is keeping one core at 100% that's 12.5% overall utilisation with about 20W of power consumption, this...
  10. ONLY showing using 1 core out of 4 core processor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ONLY showing using 1 core out of 4 core processor: I don't know a lot about computer hardware or software problems. I run a Dell Inspiron 20 All In One PC. Model 3045. It is a 4 core computer. In the bios and Device Mgr. only shows operating on one core. There is only one item entry. AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon TM) HD...