Windows 10: one of my computers can see but cant connect to local server

Discus and support one of my computers can see but cant connect to local server in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; one of my computers cannot access my local server via explorer. i dont even have the slightest clue what could be wrong and nether seams the internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TeKett, Nov 25, 2018.

1. TeKett Win User

one of my computers can see but cant connect to local server

one of my computers cannot access my local server via explorer. i dont even have the slightest clue what could be wrong and nether seams the internet as iv been looking for a fix for hours now.

the server shows up fine in the network tab, but when i try to access it i get "windows cannot access \\servername", same result on wifi and ethernet.

:)

TeKett, Nov 25, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

one of my computers can see but cant connect to local server [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

one of my computers can see but cant connect to local server [​IMG]

topgundcp, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Unable to connect to Google servers

There are cases that web content are blocked due to proxy server settings. We suggest that you remove the check mark on the the proxy server box, follow the steps below:

• Type Internet Options in the Ask me anything bar.
    • Click on Connections tab.
    • Click on LAN settings.
    • Remove check in Proxy server box.
    Once done, access your Google apps and check if issue persist.

Send your post to keep us updated on how the steps goes.

Darwin Dim, Nov 25, 2018
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Remote access to my (local) server's folders

• Set up an FTP server on your file server.
    • Map the FTP server as a network location on your laptop under "Computer".
    This will allow programs to open and save files directly to the FTP server just like it was a drive in your computer.

newtekie1, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

1. one of my computers can see but cant connect to local server - Similar Threads - computers cant connect

2. Cant connect/see wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant connect/see wifi: Hi TeamCurrently I connected to the internet via cable, but I want to connect with wifi!I installed new windows 11.Trying connect my pc to the wifi, but I cant see such option:I have tried to configure in services the wwan and wlan to set it to automatic:I have tried install...
  3. Cant connect/see wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant connect/see wifi: Hi TeamCurrently I connected to the internet via cable, but I want to connect with wifi!I installed new windows 11.Trying connect my pc to the wifi, but I cant see such option:I have tried to configure in services the wwan and wlan to set it to automatic:I have tried install...
  4. cant connect to servers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cant connect to servers: I am having many issues when trying to connect to servers. First I had the issue when I was playing a game and coudn't que up, I tried using a cloud gaming software, and that also had issues connecting to the servers, then I downloaded steam and got the error that it can't...
  5. Cant see computers on network.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant see computers on network.: I cant get to them via \\computer name, but the machine cannot see itself or others in the list. Other can reach the machine via \\computer name, but it doesnt show up on in the networl/computer list. DNS CLIENTFUNCTION automatic DISCOVERY RESOURCE automatic SSDP Discovery...
  6. Connecting to local computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting to local computers: I have 3 computers on a local network via Wifi and cable to the modem. Laptop on W10, New half tower W10, and old half tower on W7, which I am trying to move over to new W10 PC. All printers come off the old W7PC at present. The network is working and all computers can get...
  7. Can I join a local server that is hosted on my computer ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I join a local server that is hosted on my computer ?: I want to host a local game in Rainbow Six Siege and join it on the same machine to do some tests. I don't really need to play both instances at the same time I just want the character to be in the game while I'm playing with the other one. The problem is that when I open the...
  8. Connecting Computers on a Network (one computer cannot see the others)

Connecting Computers on a Network (one computer cannot see the others): Hello, We have 5 computers in a Network that we use to create CAD files for our laser cutter. Previously we had the laser cutting computer (which I'll call 'F) linked in so we could wing files back and forth to the laser, but we had to get it repaired. When we connected it...
  9. One Computer Can't See The Other but the Second Can See the First

One Computer Can't See The Other but the Second Can See the First: I have 2 Windows 10 desktops on the same router via Ethernet. My main computer (Frankenstein) does not see the second (Dracula) when I go ot Network in the file explorer but Dracula does see Frankenstein. If I run \\dracula from frankenstein, I see the shares and can access...
  10. Cant Connect to Workgroup -\\SERVER while every other computer can....

Cant Connect to Workgroup -\\SERVER while every other computer can....: I'm having an issue where I cant connect to a parent folder on \\SERVER but I'm able to connect to some subfolders? I did this by having the folder on my quick access bar. I've set the network options appropriately (same as all the other computers)-disabled network...