Windows 10: One of my external hard drives does no longer show up in my pc but is does on my...

Discus and support One of my external hard drives does no longer show up in my pc but is does on my... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; one of my external hard drives does no longer show up in my pc but does on my laptop. There is oibviously nothing wrong with the drive, kindly advsie... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DierkSchottler, Sep 2, 2019.

1. One of my external hard drives does no longer show up in my pc but is does on my...

one of my external hard drives does no longer show up in my pc but does on my laptop. There is oibviously nothing wrong with the drive, kindly advsie

regards Dierk

:)

DierkSchottler, Sep 2, 2019
  2. Mark Isi Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi,

Just to verify, did you mean, your back up files used to be on your external hard drive, but now it's no longer there? If this is true, kindly provide more answers to the questions below, so we can further assess the issue:

• When did the files start to disappear?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Did you make nay changes on the settings of your PC or hard drive prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to plug in your external drive?
    • Does your external drive shows that the space is consumed?

Please advise. We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Sep 2, 2019
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Sep 2, 2019
  4. One of my external hard drives does no longer show up in my pc but is does on my...

External Hard Drive

To address your concern, here are the troubleshooting steps that you can try. Follow the steps below:

Uninstall and reinstall the external hard drive program.

• In the Settings app, go to System.
    • Go to Apps & features and locate the external hard drive program.
    • Uninstall the program and go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall the updated version.
    Uninstall and reinstall the Paragon driver software.

• Following the same steps mentioned above, locate the software in Apps & features
      and uninstall it.
    • After uninstalling the software, go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall it.
    To further isolate your concern, we'd also like to verify if the OneDrive app is enabled on your PC.

You can hit us back for additional help.

Kind regards.

Jennifer Cha, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

One of my external hard drives does no longer show up in my pc but is does on my...

1. One of my external hard drives does no longer show up in my pc but is does on my... - Similar Threads - external hard drives

2. Does this mean my external hard drive is failing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Does this mean my external hard drive is failing?: When I click on the top column to sort files by a certain criteria ie. date, name, file, etc I get a spinning wheel indicating it is thinking about it but it never does it. It just gets stuck on the spinning wheel. Does this mean my external hard drive is failing? I can still...
  3. Does this mean my external hard drive is failing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does this mean my external hard drive is failing?: When I click on the top column to sort files by a certain criteria ie. date, name, file, etc I get a spinning wheel indicating it is thinking about it but it never does it. It just gets stuck on the spinning wheel. Does this mean my external hard drive is failing? I can still...
  4. Does this mean my external hard drive is failing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows does not recognize my external hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows does not recognize my external hard drive: Windows 10 used to recognize my external hard drive when i plugged it in to the USB port. Suddenly, it doesn't. How do I get it to see the external drive?...
  6. My external CD drive and external hard drive no longer show up in Windows explorer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My external CD drive and external hard drive no longer show up in Windows explorer.: When I plug my external portable devices into my pc (like Wester Digital hard drive or my ASUS portable CD drive) I here the blip sound that indicates they are plugged in, but I can't access them in Windows explorer. What should I do?...
  7. My computer does not recognize my WD external hard drive

My computer does not recognize my WD external hard drive: My computer does not recognize my WD external hard drive. I've tried to go into Disk Management and I cannot find anything that helps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-does-not-recognize-my-wd-external-hard/aa33b279-5a52-46cb-b976-51aed92b90c1
  8. External Hard Drive Does Not Appear on My Computer

External Hard Drive Does Not Appear on My Computer: I have been using my Seagate Backup Plus 5TB Portable Hard Drive since for about 9 months. Three days ago the drive stopped showing up on My Computer. I tried to Update the Driver. I tried to Uninstall the Drive and Restart my computer. I tried to Uninstall the USB and...
  9. My PC detect hard drive but it does not display on My PC

My PC detect hard drive but it does not display on My PC: [ATTACH] I worked fine before. I even tried using other USB port but still it does not display! Not even safe mode, restarting, checking for hardware change....
  10. One of my hard drives does not show up on My Computer page

One of my hard drives does not show up on My Computer page: Hello So I've been having an issue with a drive on windows ten. Last night i noticed when accessing the contents for it, explorer would hang and stop responding and eventually like 20 minutes later it would actually load. Now today the drive doesn't show up in the list...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what happened to one of my drives that no longer show up