Windows 10: One of my key doesn’t work without holding shift

Discus and support One of my key doesn’t work without holding shift in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My “o” key doesn’t work on the keyboard after the update but when i press “shift”key and “o” key it works and prints a capital “O” or if i hold ”o” key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by James HMB, May 24, 2024.

1. James HMB Win User

One of my key doesn’t work without holding shift

My “o” key doesn’t work on the keyboard after the update but when i press “shift”key and “o” key it works and prints a capital “O” or if i hold ”o” key then press “shift” key it prints a “o” I tried deleting all keyboard devices hidden ones too in the device manager, then I restarted the computer and everything remained as it was, this problem has been around for about 3 months, I tried restoring the computer to its previous settings, it didn’t help. I checked the driver updates for my keyboard - also no. By the way, I connected 2 other keyboards, and the 'o' key does not work on them either

:)

James HMB, May 24, 2024
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

One of my key doesn’t work without holding shift 233722d1557862791t-windows-doesn-t-start-authomatic-repair-doesn-t-work-hdd-test-1-.png

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, May 24, 2024
  3. Andeedew Win User
    Shift key not working when holding down a key

Hello,

I got a new pc today and i realised i couldnt sprint properly in any games. I changed keyboards thinking that was the problem but I still wasnt able to sprint.

When holding down a key and I press shift, the key i was holding will stop typing and nothing happens. I double tap shift (which sometimes works) and then the next keys will be an uppercase. or when i try get an uppercase letter, i hold shift and press the
    key once and it still wont work.

I reinstalled the drivers, turned off sticky keys.

If anyone could help me, that would be much appreciated!

Andeedew, May 24, 2024
  4. One of my key doesn’t work without holding shift

Shift Key Not Working.

Hello.

I have a Shift Key that doesn`t work. I have checked and the key pressed down finely so I don`t believe its whats making my keyboard slightly broken. I believe it is the software fault for making a key unusable on my laptop because both of my Shift Keys
    do not function as intended. But whatever it is, I am tired and done with the On-Screen Keyboard and I just want to get my physical keyboard back into order. If you could please find me a solution, that would be greatly appreciated.

For context, here is the computer I am using.

Laptop: HP Pavillion G6.

Thank you for reading.

MacDows200, May 24, 2024
Thema:

One of my key doesn’t work without holding shift

1. One of my key doesn’t work without holding shift - Similar Threads - key doesn’t without

2. One of my key doesn’t work without holding shift

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One of my key doesn’t work without holding shift: My “o” key doesn’t work on the keyboard after the update but when i press “shift”key and “o” key it works and prints a capital “O” or if i hold ”o” key then press “shift” key it prints a “o” I tried deleting all keyboard devices hidden ones too in the device manager, then I...
  3. One of my key doesn’t work without holding shift

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One of my key doesn’t work without holding shift: My “o” key doesn’t work on the keyboard after the update but when i press “shift”key and “o” key it works and prints a capital “O” or if i hold ”o” key then press “shift” key it prints a “o” I tried deleting all keyboard devices hidden ones too in the device manager, then I...
  4. One of my key doesn’t work without holding shift

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One of my key doesn’t work without holding shift: My “w” key doesn’t work on the keyboard after the update but when i press “shift”key and “w” key it works and prints a capital “W” or if i hold ”w” key then press “shift” key it prints a “w”...
  5. One of my key doesn’t work without holding shift

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One of my key doesn’t work without holding shift: My “w” key doesn’t work on the keyboard after the update but when i press “shift”key and “w” key it works and prints a capital “W” or if i hold ”w” key then press “shift” key it prints a “w”...
  6. One of my key doesn’t work without holding shift

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. V button not working without me holding down the shift button

V button not working without me holding down the shift button: Hello, I was sitting on my pc and playing some games yesterday when i noticed a thing. The computer doesnt seem to allow the input that is simply a V to be processed. I hae tried reseting and updating eerything but still it doesnt work. Could somebody please giVe me a tip?...
  8. my shift keys are not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    my shift keys are not working: I have a H p pavilion laptop and the shift keys are not working I have tried sticky keys and updating keyboard driver but still not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-shift-keys-are-not-working/c2f30f5a-42ed-4526-af9e-8e2a4b5224ae
  9. Shift key not working when holding down a key

Shift key not working when holding down a key: Hello, I got a new pc today and i realised i couldnt sprint properly in any games. I changed keyboards thinking that was the problem but I still wasnt able to sprint. When holding down a key and I press shift, the key i was holding will stop typing and nothing happens. I...
  10. my shift keys are not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    my shift keys are not working: my shift keys are not working so eg cannot use question mark and instead get _ . Just checked the key to the right of zero and if I press the shift key on that I get the interrogation mark. It seems that these two keys have swapped over and similarly if I press shift key...