Windows 10: One of my logical processors being used when downloading causing system to freeze up and...

Discus and support One of my logical processors being used when downloading causing system to freeze up and... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; don't know why this happen or for what reson did sfc/scannow and Dism /Online CMD to see if this was the problem and nothing came up any help with this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by freedom16789, Apr 7, 2021.

1. One of my logical processors being used when downloading causing system to freeze up and...

don't know why this happen or for what reson did sfc/scannow and Dism /Online CMD to see if this was the problem and nothing came up any help with this would be appreciated.

All drivers are upto date and try to start my pc with only the win services on boot and it still dose this.

if you need any more informasion about my pc let me no and i do my best to get it.

:)

freedom16789, Apr 7, 2021
  2. Saltgrass Win User

will Windows 10 ever support 4 cores, 8 logical processors?

I am running 6 cores and 12 logical processors.... on my desktop system.

Saltgrass, Apr 7, 2021
  3. Silverel Win User
    Guide: How to enable, use, and configure SLI on Linux.

I guess the next logical step would be to report on the performance you can get with SLI in Linux. That'd be my suggestion anyway.

Silverel, Apr 7, 2021
  4. One of my logical processors being used when downloading causing system to freeze up and...

System freeze when downloading the updates.

Hi Denis,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Does the system freezes during the time of update?
    • Did you install any third party security application?
    • Did you install any application or make any changes prior to the issue?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to place the computer in a Clean boot state and check if you are able to perform the updates.

Follow the Microsoft KB article to perform clean boot on the computer:

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Applies to Windows 10

Disclaimer: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps from section “How to reset the computer to start as usual after clean boot troubleshooting” to reset the computer to start as usual.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

One of my logical processors being used when downloading causing system to freeze up and...

1. One of my logical processors being used when downloading causing system to freeze up and... - Similar Threads - logical processors being

2. In task manager only one core and 1 logical processor shows up and I cannot change it in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In task manager only one core and 1 logical processor shows up and I cannot change it in...: Under the processor's tab in Device Manager 8 cores show up showing what I have, then when I open up task manager only one core and 1 logical processor shows up and I cannot change it in the MSConfig. I had it at 8 before now I can’t go higher than 1....
  3. In task manager only one core and 1 logical processor shows up and I cannot change it in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In task manager only one core and 1 logical processor shows up and I cannot change it in...: Under the processor's tab in Device Manager 8 cores show up showing what I have, then when I open up task manager only one core and 1 logical processor shows up and I cannot change it in the MSConfig. I had it at 8 before now I can’t go higher than 1....
  4. In task manager only one core and 1 logical processor shows up and I cannot change it in...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Win10 not using all logical processors

Win10 not using all logical processors: Hi,I am running Windows version 10.0.18362.628 with an i7-4790 with 4 cores and 8 logical processors. 16G RAMWhile watching the performance monitor I start xampp with MySQL and Apache and open files in Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and Illustrator. Processors 0 and 1 peg out as...
  6. Logical processor view only showing nodes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Logical processor view only showing nodes: Hello, I recently upgraded my workstation processors from 2x e5-2695v3 to e5-2695v4. After the hardware swap my task manager CPU view is not showing all 72 threads. Its important to note when the machine had 54 threads it would show individual cores on a graph. Now, all I...
  7. Data is being used by "System"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data is being used by "System": My data is being used mostly by the "System" application under the Data Usage breakdown [ATTACH] I'd like to stop it from using so much my last computer didn't use this much data I've already tried many different things to stop this: I've set my connection to metered I've...
  8. When open-all , just one webpage being downloaded

in Browsers and Email
    When open-all , just one webpage being downloaded: Good day all, I have several folders with multiple favorites on my Edge favorites bar. When I right-click a folder and select open-all it opens multiple tabs, one for each website. As expected. But the webpages are not loaded. The webpage of each tab is only loaded when I...
  9. Windows 10 freezing up when not in use.

Windows 10 freezing up when not in use.: My Windows 10 desktop is freezing up when I am away from it for awhile. It can be as little as 20 minutes that I am not using it and I'll come back and it won't respond. Initially, it had gone to sleep and when I would try to wake it, the screen would turn back on the the...
  10. Window App using alot of processor causing it to heat up

Window App using alot of processor causing it to heat up: I just bought acer predator with windows 10 home . my cpu temp off and on started to rise up to 85 degree with no app runing or playing game. so if when i checked this SVCHOST app of windows was causing the problem. i have to manually end it or it will continuously engage the...