Windows 10: One of my monitors does not switch back from Night Light mode

Discus and support One of my monitors does not switch back from Night Light mode in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have Desktop with two 4K monitors and NVIDIA 1650 Supper graphic card. My Windows 10 and graphic drivers have latest update. I have setup Night... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jay Sanati, Mar 27, 2021.

1. One of my monitors does not switch back from Night Light mode

I have Desktop with two 4K monitors and NVIDIA 1650 Supper graphic card. My Windows 10 and graphic drivers have latest update.

I have setup Night Light mode on 9 PM and it goes to night mode on time and works well.

• I make Windows to sleep.
    • The next morning when I resume my PC comes back from sleep mode, one of the monitors switch to day mode but the other one is still in Night Light mode.
    • I switch Night Mode on and off, but the monitor does not change the mode it's still in Night Light.
    • I have to sign-out/sign-in to fix the issue.
    • This happens randomly but not always.

Thanks for advise.

:)

Jay Sanati, Mar 27, 2021

2. Night Light Setting and Third Monitor.

Hi Reagan,

We would like to ask you some questions in order assist you properly:

• Did Night light work previously on all three monitors?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your PC?
    • Are you getting an error message on the third monitor regarding Night light?
    • Is the third monitor being detected by your PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far?

While waiting for your response, we suggest that you try to connect your third monitor to what you are using on the 2 working monitors to see if it is only a loose connection issue.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Mar 27, 2021
  3. dual monitor to change to night light mode

I've changed my laptop to night light mode however the monitor I have attached does not change. What needs to be done to have this view transfer over to the monitor.

SusanBright, Mar 27, 2021
  4. One of my monitors does not switch back from Night Light mode

Night Light Settings

Separately from the Night Light, is the brightness options also disabled? If so, I might recommend these steps to make it work again:

1) Right-click Start button, choose Device Manager

2) Find the "monitors" section in the list and expand it

3) Right-click and uninstall every item listed under the monitors section

….. note: don't accidentally go to the "display adapter section", leave that one untouched.

4) Click the "scan for hardware" button on the toolbar up top (the icon with the magnifying glass inside it)

5) Try brightness and night light settings again

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Mar 27, 2021
Thema:

One of my monitors does not switch back from Night Light mode

1. One of my monitors does not switch back from Night Light mode - Similar Threads - monitors does switch

2. Night Light Setting Does NOT work on my one Monitor Screen, but it DOES work on the other...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night Light Setting Does NOT work on my one Monitor Screen, but it DOES work on the other...: The Night Light setting does NOT work on my one monitor screen.However it DOES work on the other monitor screen.Both Computer screens are plugged into the same docking station and the docking station is plugged into the Windows 11 Laptop - this way I can have multiple...
  3. Night Light Setting Does NOT work on my one Monitor Screen, but it DOES work on the other...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Night Light Setting Does NOT work on my one Monitor Screen, but it DOES work on the other...: The Night Light setting does NOT work on my one monitor screen.However it DOES work on the other monitor screen.Both Computer screens are plugged into the same docking station and the docking station is plugged into the Windows 11 Laptop - this way I can have multiple...
  4. Night light on both monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night light on both monitors: Night light only works on my secondary monitor. I cannot find a way to set which or all monitors to consider for the night light feature.So how can I activate night light on all monitors please?...
  5. Night light on both monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night light on both monitors: Night light only works on my secondary monitor. I cannot find a way to set which or all monitors to consider for the night light feature.So how can I activate night light on all monitors please?...
  6. Night Light mode

Night Light mode: Greetings everyone,When I turn on night light mode the colours become warmer which is okay.But, whenever I play a game, open a picture or a video the colours become lighter and more shining. it's like a modified night light mode and it's really uncomfortable.When I plug in...
  7. Night light on monitors

Night light on monitors: How can I apply the nightlight feature to other monitors? I have a laptop as my main computer and two monitors connected by the Dell device. When I turn on the nightlight feature it only applies to the laptop. Thanks...
  8. Night light not working on monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Night light not working on monitor: I have an Acer laptop plugged into an LG monitor with an HDMI cable. At night, I like to enable the night mode since it's easier on the eyes. Unfortunately, whenever I want to enable night light, I have to open the lid of the laptop and then close it again. Sometimes I have...
  9. dual monitor to change to night light mode

dual monitor to change to night light mode: I've changed my laptop to night light mode however the monitor I have attached does not change. What needs to be done to have this view transfer over to the monitor....
  10. Night Light Only Works On One Monitor Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Night Light Only Works On One Monitor Screen: I have two screens that are extended but setting the night light feature on seems to be applied to one screen. I have tried disabling one of the Display Adaptors in my Device Manager and also trying to update DisplayLink in REGEDIT ---> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE ---> SOFTWARE but to...