Windows 10: One of my networked computers cannot access data

Discus and support One of my networked computers cannot access data in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a PC and a Laptop connected to the same network and they are both running Windows 10 Pro 20H2 b19042.541. They can ping each other and they can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Stan Kay, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Stan Kay Win User

One of my networked computers cannot access data

I have a PC and a Laptop connected to the same network and they are both running Windows 10 Pro 20H2 b19042.541. They can ping each other and they can see each other. The PC can read and write data to the Laptop. However the Laptop cannot read or write data because the network credentials are being rejected. The Network sharing settings are identical on both computers. I do not understand why my PC does not need to enter Network Credentials when my Laptop is required to enter them.

Can anyone please help me to resolve this problem?

:)

Stan Kay, Oct 4, 2020
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Oct 4, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 4, 2020
  4. Stan Kay Win User

Networked computers cannot access all data

I have a desktop PC and a Surface Book 3 laptop both running Windows 10 Pro and both connected to the same network.
    Here are some facts: -

1. Explorer on both computers shows the computers, my DiskStation NAS box and the Media Devices on both PC's.
    2. Both Computers can click on the Media Devices and fully access and use my photos, music & videos without entering any credentials..
    3. Both Computers can access the DiskStaion NAS box and exchange data.
    4. Neither PC can access documents, software etc. I am asked to enter network credentials but then I am told that my user name or password is incorrect! I have examined my Windows Credentials and they are identical the login information I am providing!
    Can anyone please tell me why I can access Media but not Documents and why my valid login credentials are rejected?

Stan Kay, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

1. One of my networked computers cannot access data - Similar Threads - networked computers cannot

2. Computers on network cannot be accessed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computers on network cannot be accessed: We have 2 new laptops call them 1 and 2 and 2 old laptops call them 3 and 4. From laptops 1 and 2, we can access shared files on 3 or 4 and vice versa but laptop 1 and 2 cannot connect with each other. Obviously, all sharing permissions are set since the new and old can share...
  3. Cannot access other computers on my home network

Cannot access other computers on my home network: This is driving me nuts. We have 9 Windows 10 computers in our home all connected to the same network. All of our computers except just one can see and access all the other computers on our home network. I've tried everything I can think of. I recently changed all the...
  4. Networked computers cannot exchange data

Networked computers cannot exchange data: I have a desktop PC and a Surface Book 3 laptop both running Windows 10 Pro and both running on the same network. Explorer on both computers show the computers and the Media Devices. From both Computers I can click on the Media Devices and fully access and use my photos &...
  5. two networked computers cannot exchange data

two networked computers cannot exchange data: I have a desktop PC and a Surface Book 3 laptop both running Windows 10 Pro and both running on the same network. Explorer on both computers show the computers and the Media Devices. From both Computers I can click on the Media Devices and fully access and use my photos &...
  6. Cannot access my wife's network computer

Cannot access my wife's network computer: My computer cannot find my wife's laptop on the network, even though they are the same make and model. One reason may be that her Microsoft username is in some places J.......@prodigy.net and others J......@proxdigy.net. Somehow this typo occurred and I have no clue how to...
  7. Can't access one computer on my network

Can't access one computer on my network: I have a strange problem and can't find an answer. My network has the following computers: -Win 10 Pro desktop -Win 10 Home laptop -Win 7 desktop From the laptop, I can't see or access the Win 10 Pro desktop but I can see and access the Win 7 desktop. I can see and access...
  8. Cannot Access Computer on Network

Cannot Access Computer on Network: Hi We have a small peer to peer wired network in our office with 4 computers. My Computer (computer A) hosts QuickBooks in a shared folder and the other computers access it through the network. Last week we set up a new hub and I just unplugged the cable from the...
  9. Cannot access other computers in my local network

Cannot access other computers in my local network: Our home network computers have windows 10. Problem is I cannot access to the network computer. Error code: 0x80070035 This error has happened since two days ago. I can access the network computer thru IP address. But I cannot access thru the computer name in the file...
  10. One computer cannot access other network computers.

One computer cannot access other network computers.: I have three windows 10 PCs and one NAS on my network. One PC (Lenovo 220X) and the NAS are hardwired. The other two are wireless (Surface Pro 1 and Surface pro 4) The surface pro 4 can see but not access either of the two other PCs. The other PCs can see and access each...