Windows 10: one of my PC stopped sleep, wmpnetwk.exe?

Discus and support one of my PC stopped sleep, wmpnetwk.exe? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have done nothing with WMP, so why is it now showing up? Code: C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /requests DISPLAY:None. SYSTEM:[PROCESS]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sdowney717, Dec 25, 2020.

1. one of my PC stopped sleep, wmpnetwk.exe?

I have done nothing with WMP, so why is it now showing up?
    Code:
    - - - Updated - - -

I opened services, and stopped it, windows media network sharing, then set to manual from automatic.

Question is why did it start running?
    I have noticed it is hard to keep PC's sleeping. I also turned off maintenance being allowed to wake PC

- - - Updated - - -

I marked solved as turning off that service allowed it to sleep on its timer. But still dont have a clue about why WMP did that,

:)

sdowney717, Dec 25, 2020

2. stop win 10 pc goin sleep

Hi Maximo,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

Kindly follow the below steps to stop PC going sleep mode.

• Click on Start and select Settings. Or search for
      Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • From list select Power & Sleep.
    • Now on both Screen and Sleep select the option
      Never.
    Now check if this works. If not, restart the PC and check.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Dec 25, 2020
  3. Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Dec 25, 2020
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

one of my PC stopped sleep, wmpnetwk.exe?

iTunes stops playing when the computer go to sleep

Hi Ross,

Sleep mode is designed to stop all actions on a computer as it puts the device to a low-power state. Since you want to continue using a program even while your computer is locked, we suggest turning off Sleep mode by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click System.
    • Choose Power & Sleep from the left pane.
    • Under Sleep, choose Never.

one of my PC stopped sleep, wmpnetwk.exe? a56ef514-cf53-4631-8917-a239182dc84a.png

Let us know if you have any other concerns about your computer.

Yolvi Ell, Dec 25, 2020
Thema:

one of my PC stopped sleep, wmpnetwk.exe?

1. one of my PC stopped sleep, wmpnetwk.exe? - Similar Threads - stopped sleep wmpnetwk

2. My pc exe not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc exe not opening: In my pc .exe files are not opening even the tax manager or any windows utility even the settings not openingEven I cannot reset through Swift plus restartWhen I go to reset it says "that cannot do resettingTake backup of your files and do complete reset" Windows explorer.exe...
  3. My pc exe not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc exe not opening: In my pc .exe files are not opening even the tax manager or any windows utility even the settings not openingEven I cannot reset through Swift plus restartWhen I go to reset it says "that cannot do resettingTake backup of your files and do complete reset" Windows explorer.exe...
  4. PC Stops Going To Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC Stops Going To Sleep: Hi, my W10 desktop PC seems to be stopping going to sleep when I leave it for a while. If I look at Event Viewer there are repeated errors of "The system could not sucessfully load the crash dump driver." This seems to be happening roughly every 30 minutes. Any help to...
  5. PC Stops Going To Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Stops Going To Sleep: Hi, my W10 desktop PC seems to be stopping going to sleep when I leave it for a while. If I look at Event Viewer there are repeated errors of "The system could not sucessfully load the crash dump driver." This seems to be happening roughly every 30 minutes. Any help to...
  6. PC Stops Going To Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. PC Stopped Automatically Sleeping

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Stopped Automatically Sleeping: Please advise if this is incorrect forum, or whether a thread already explains this (I did a search but didn't see anything). I have not installed anything or made any changes recently yet my desktop machine stopped going to sleep at inputted time. While monitor turns off...
  8. rundll32.exe is toasted on my PC.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    rundll32.exe is toasted on my PC.: [ATTACH] So, I went to the display adapter properties and Windows said that my rundll32 is fried and broken. It says that Windows cannot find the file. I might have my permissions on rundll32 and moved it somewhere. Help me!...
  9. xshxkrjuppw(stop)exe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    xshxkrjuppw(stop)exe: xshxkrjuppw(stop)exe is this a known application in MS Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xshxkrjuppwstopexe/4206f7d6-2bb7-4835-a9b9-fcfa8f95bc7b
  10. Can't stop PC from sleeping!

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't stop PC from sleeping!: I'm on the latest Insider build. I don't want my PC to sleep nor the monitors to sleep nor the hard drives. Unlike most other issues with sleep and Win10, my problem isn't waking it up but keeping it awake. Microsoft seem to have scattered the sleep options all over the...