Windows 10: One of my taskbar icon slots makes anything i put there invisivble and un-interactable

Discus and support One of my taskbar icon slots makes anything i put there invisivble and un-interactable in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Turned on my pc today to see my wifi icon gone from my taskbar, went into taskbar icon settings to turn it's display setting off and on again, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChristopherSimon, Apr 9, 2020.

1. One of my taskbar icon slots makes anything i put there invisivble and un-interactable

Turned on my pc today to see my wifi icon gone from my taskbar, went into taskbar icon settings to turn it's display setting off and on again, it shifted the wifi icon out of the slot and into view but pushed an adjacent icon into the invisible slot, when i right click the empty slot it just gives me the general taskbar settings and nothing ive tried has made the empty slot go back to normal including, force restarting windows explorer, restarting my pcwith and without updating windows, and general things like turning of the taskbar and icons entirely. It's quite an annoyance seeing as no matter what, at least one icon has to be in the invisible slot for the rest of the icons to be where they normally are, if anyones got a solution to this weird bug it'd be greatly appreciated

One of my taskbar icon slots makes anything i put there invisivble and un-interactable d631b3ff-f6fe-4e63-ba31-9bf461405001?upload=true.png the bugged icon slot is the one left of NOB language

:)

ChristopherSimon, Apr 9, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Darshan J Win User
    Sound icon missing from taskbar

Hi,

Provide us with the below information to help you better.

Which build is currently running on your computer?

As an initial step I would suggest you to install all the pending updates and restart your computer, check if it fixes the issue.

Make sure Volume button display is enabled in taskbar.

• Open settings window
    • Click on personalization, on left pane select task bar.
    • On right pane click on 'select what icons appear on the taskbar'.
    • Toggle volume icon to make volume icon appear on task bar.

Get back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance.

Darshan J, Apr 9, 2020
  4. Mark Ole Win User

One of my taskbar icon slots makes anything i put there invisivble and un-interactable

Taskbar icons

Hi,

To address your concern, follow the steps below on how to show hidden icons on the taskbar.

• Open Settings, and click on the Personalization
      icon.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left side, and click on the
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
      link under the Notification area section on the right.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area at the top

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

One of my taskbar icon slots makes anything i put there invisivble and un-interactable

1. One of my taskbar icon slots makes anything i put there invisivble and un-interactable - Similar Threads - taskbar icon slots

2. How can I remove the icons Microsoft recently put on my taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I remove the icons Microsoft recently put on my taskbar: How can I remove the icons Microsoft recently put on my taskbar that I do not want or need so that I will not have an overflow of the icons I do want, and why can't they just put them on the pop up menu that appears when I click on the start icon....
  3. How do I put the microphone icon on my Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I put the microphone icon on my Taskbar?: How do I put the microphone icon on my Taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-put-the-microphone-icon-on-my-taskbar/f0766103-0333-429c-8607-4c9937b303db
  4. How do I put the microphone icon on my Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I put the microphone icon on my Taskbar?: How do I put the microphone icon on my Taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-put-the-microphone-icon-on-my-taskbar/f0766103-0333-429c-8607-4c9937b303db
  5. I can’t interact with anything on the desktop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can’t interact with anything on the desktop.: I accidentally unzipped a big file straight to my desktop so i used ctrl-z. Since then the task bar and desktop restart every time i click them, but other programs that are on work perfectly fine. At the bottom of task manager, Windows explorer is using 11% cpu and i can’t...
  6. 1st Slot on System Icons on Taskbar Missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    1st Slot on System Icons on Taskbar Missing: Basically the 1st slot is always taken up. I kept searching and couldn't find a solution. I deleted the cache and I tried everything here How to Fix System Tray or Icons Missing in Windows 10 helpdeskgeek.comI can't interact with the icon in that location however I can drop...
  7. Taskbar icon making spaces

Taskbar icon making spaces: When i open an app and in the taskbar the app make spaces like its not near from the other apps in the taskbar and how do i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icon-making-spaces/ef0a740c-49a5-4db3-a030-7d2d29d7076e
  8. Is it possible to make applications not un-hide taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to make applications not un-hide taskbar?: I like to have my taskbar hide automatically, but when I get a notification on an app, it un-hides my taskbar, and I only want the taskbar to unhide when I put my mouse at the bottom of the screen. Is it possible to edit the Windows Registry to make apps not force the...
  9. how do I put a printer icon on my taskbar

how do I put a printer icon on my taskbar: how do I put an icon of printer on my taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-put-a-printer-icon-on-my-taskbar/b9a9b28e-cd8c-485f-a08d-5b039d5586d3
  10. Make taskbar icons bigger?

in Windows 10 Support
    Make taskbar icons bigger?: Hello. I find the new taskbar icons in Win 10 to be annoyingly small. Is there a way to make them appear bigger? Thanks in advance. =) 10367

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i get my printer icon on the taskbar