Windows 10: One of the computers cannot connect to shared drive

Discus and support One of the computers cannot connect to shared drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello. I have a desktop and a laptop with Windows 10 Home. I have 3TB of HDD storage, with 3 separate partitions on my desktop, that I'd like to also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/killedBy11, May 13, 2020.

1. One of the computers cannot connect to shared drive

Hello. I have a desktop and a laptop with Windows 10 Home. I have 3TB of HDD storage, with 3 separate partitions on my desktop, that I'd like to also be able to access from my laptop when I'm at home, so I right clicked and shared the drive. I want it to be password protected and my laptop and desktop have the same sharing settings. Also my younger brother and his laptop have the same settings. The laptop and desktop have both local users, with the same username and same password. From the desktop I can access the user folder on the laptop, cause I also want that shared. From my brother's laptop, after I insert the username and password from the desktop, I can access the partitions on the desktop, but my laptop, for some reason, doesn't want me to access those files under no circumstances. It keeps saying "The username or password is incorrect", but after trying from my brother's laptop with the exact same procedure I get no problems. What can I do to fix it? I want to keep password protection so only I can access those drives.

submitted by /u/killedBy11
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/killedBy11, May 13, 2020

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, May 13, 2020
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

4. One of the computers cannot connect to shared drive

Windows 10 1903 cant connect to our network shared drives.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the error message that you get when connecting using Map Drive?
    2. What is the error message that you get when accessing the Network Share drives?
    3. Is the computer connected to any Domain Network?
    4. What changes were made to the Group Policy in 1809 Version?

Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to access the Shared Drives.

Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully.
    For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, please refer this link:
    How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

• Press the Windows and R Keys > Type
      Regedit > Hit Enter.
    • Navigate to the following key from the left pane.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Policies \ System

• Right-click on System > Click on
      New > DWORD.
    • Give the DWORD name as EnableLinkedConnections and the
      Value data to 1.
    • Click on OK > Restart the computer once and check if the issue persists.

If the computer is not connected to Domain Network, then I suggest you to please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and reply to us to help you further.

If the computer is connected to any Domain Network, then I suggest you to post your query in
    IT Pro TechNet Forums, where we have support professionals, who are well equipped with the knowledge
    on Network Share Drives on the domain-related computers.

Shafeeq_Khan, May 13, 2020
Thema:

One of the computers cannot connect to shared drive

1. One of the computers cannot connect to shared drive - Similar Threads - computers cannot connect

2. One drive cannot connect to server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive cannot connect to server: One drive cannot connect to server https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-cannot-connect-to-server/bb9e518c-2cf2-41e4-b50e-56f18206af82
  3. One drive cannot connect to server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One drive cannot connect to server: One drive cannot connect to server https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-cannot-connect-to-server/bb9e518c-2cf2-41e4-b50e-56f18206af82
  4. One drive cannot connect to server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. One Drive Sharing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive Sharing: I currently have a Desktop computer and a Laptop. Both are synced to my windows profile, but I have certain preferences I want as far as shared apps. I have games and work apps on my desktop. I recently wiped my laptop trying to increase it's speed, and synced my account this...
  6. One Drive Sharing

in Windows 10 Customization
    One Drive Sharing: I currently have a Desktop computer and a Laptop. Both are synced to my windows profile, but I have certain preferences I want as far as shared apps. I have games and work apps on my desktop. I recently wiped my laptop trying to increase it's speed, and synced my account this...
  7. Cannot connect to shared drive in Windows 10

Cannot connect to shared drive in Windows 10: Hello Today I tried accessing a shared folder I have in my network from my Windows 10 personal computer. I was able to do it last week but now I'm getting username or password error. I'm able to access it from my job Windows 10 laptop. I have tried several how-to...
  8. One drive cannot connect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    One drive cannot connect: How do I connect to one drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-cannot-connect/c2fd9d72-3882-4548-bcef-719c96fc395b
  9. One Drive cannot connect and crash

in Windows 10 Customization
    One Drive cannot connect and crash: Hi guys, Few days ago OneDrive can't connect anymore. He asks me to give my login, open the folder and disappear... Since 29 of May, anyone can help please ? He tolds me about administrator's rights, so I turn off launching the app with admin right, but not working....
  10. One Drive Sharing

One Drive Sharing: Trouble sharing a file on One Drive to another One Drive account. the other one is a "gmail".com https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-sharing/6fb5b0a4-f181-45d9-991b-e93e853f973d