Windows 10: One of the features I miss most from earlier windows versions is a menu of all recently...

Discus and support One of the features I miss most from earlier windows versions is a menu of all recently... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/pghracerx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/d0i5fp/one_of_the_features_i_miss_most_from_earlier/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pghracerx, Oct 29, 2019.

1. One of the features I miss most from earlier windows versions is a menu of all recently...

/u/pghracerx, Oct 29, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. Rose Cal Win User
    missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Oct 29, 2019
  4. One of the features I miss most from earlier windows versions is a menu of all recently...

Start menu is not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Iunderstand the frustration if things are not working fine as expected.

Please help us with below details,

• When you say "If I sign in under my user name I am in some earlier version", which version you are referring to?

• Did you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• When you say “I cannot access the start menu and am limited to IP as a browser” Is it refers to Microsoft Edge?

As an initial steps, I suggest you to check for the Windows version. To do so, follow the below steps:

1) Login to your computer through user name on which it show earlier version of Windows.

2) Press Windows key + r.

3) Type winver, hit enter.

For the issue related to start menu, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article and check,

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Reply with results and necessary information to help you further.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

One of the features I miss most from earlier windows versions is a menu of all recently...

1. One of the features I miss most from earlier windows versions is a menu of all recently... - Similar Threads - features miss earlier

2. Streamline to most recent windows version on new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Streamline to most recent windows version on new computer: I bought a new laptop that came out in early 2022 with windows 11. I have very slow Internet. Each update takes forever to download. I then restart my machine, settings says I'm up to date, then I check for updates and lo and behold, there's yet another one. This has happened...
  3. Windows 11 Apps and Features missing from the menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Apps and Features missing from the menu: I have search for this menu to enable an upload that is not a verified MS app. I need to change the settings but everywhere I search, I cannot find it.So frustrating that I can't download any apps to run....
  4. Windows 11 Apps and Features missing from the menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Apps and Features missing from the menu: I have search for this menu to enable an upload that is not a verified MS app. I need to change the settings but everywhere I search, I cannot find it.So frustrating that I can't download any apps to run....
  5. Upgrading to most recent version of windows 10 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading to most recent version of windows 10 20H2: Hello,I get reminders to upgrade to Windows 10 newest version 20H2. I go through the process and it says 'This PC can't run Windows 10. We couldn't update the system reserved partition.' I clicked on more information. Maybe it has to do with me system requirements? I have a...
  6. Update from 1903 to most recent version

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update from 1903 to most recent version: 5 days ago, I made a post on here since I got a notification saying that my version of Windows was nearing end of service and that I needed to update it. I paused updates for a week (which resumes on Monday) since I didn't know what to do. I decided that I was going to update...
  7. Most Recent Windows 10 version won't launch?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Most Recent Windows 10 version won't launch?: On October 1st my computer initiated a random shutdown sequence without any warning while I was in the middle of working. I powered down my PC via my motherboard before the soft shutdown was finished and restarted my PC, everything seemed to be fine. I ran a full /C virus,...
  8. Earlier versions of Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Earlier versions of Windows: I have a laptop running Windows 10 Enterprise, Build 17134. I have a software program that is only tested to Build 1709. Can I have both (or either) running on the new laptop, as it will only be used for running the software....
  9. Cannot update from 1709 to most recent version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot update from 1709 to most recent version of Windows 10: I want to update to 1809, but going through the windows update option to 1803. I have tried this many times, It brings the error _____ every time. I have try the windows troubleshoot and it does not help. I have tried updating through the Microsoft website which fails with...
  10. What are some of your most missed removed/scrapped features from past Windows versions?

in Windows 10 Support
    What are some of your most missed removed/scrapped features from past Windows versions?: I myself have two biggies, which I've managed to hack into File Explorer by using two seperate hacks, one a .dll which affects File Explorer, and one a re-write of XP's Windows Picture and Fax Viewer software. - Explorer7fixes.dll restores the 'sort columns' (name, date...