Windows 10: One of the update services is not running properly in Windows 10

Discus and support One of the update services is not running properly in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; When trying to run Windows 10 Update, you find that a Windows Update Service is not running, and you see a message in Settings – One of the update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 6, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

One of the update services is not running properly in Windows 10

When trying to run Windows 10 Update, you find that a Windows Update Service is not running, and you see a message in Settings – One of the update services is not running properly, but you can try to run a troubleshooter to fix the problem. Go to Start button > Settings > Update & […]

This article One of the update services is not running properly in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 6, 2021
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Apr 6, 2021
  3. kambei.7s Win User
    Windows 10 Update Orchestrator Service

found similar error in the 'System' log, during the restart after installing the update, is this normal for windows 10? Does everyone faced such thing? The update seems to have settled, in the status I've see 'Success', there seem to be no other errors.

The "Update Orchestrator Service" service is turned off due to an error
    The return from the operation was due to the timeout.

code 7023 source of Service Control Manager

EventData

param1 Update Orchestrator Service
    param2 %% 2147549471
    550073006F005300760063000000

Keywords 0x8080000000000000

after 20 seconds
    The C: \ Windows \ system32 \ MusNotificationUX.exe process initiated the "Restart" action for the DESKTOP computer on behalf of the user due to: Operating system: Service pack installation Scheduled

The update was installed
    KB4103727 OS Build 16299.431

Thanks.

kambei.7s, Apr 6, 2021
  4. One of the update services is not running properly in Windows 10

Windows 10 on iMac wireless services not running

Hi Alan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

I appreciate the steps you have performed, let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps. I suggest to check if the
    WLAN AutoConfig is running properly in Windows background.

• Press Windows key + R, type
      services.msc
      and press Enter.

• Locate for WLAN AutoConfig, right click on it and select
      properties.

• Now click on Stop button, select
      Automatic
      option from the Startup type.

• Click on Start button to start the service and check.
    Please get back to us with the status, we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

One of the update services is not running properly in Windows 10

1. One of the update services is not running properly in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - update services running

2. Windows 10 Update services not running properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Update services not running properly: Hey! I have a problem with my Microsoft store and windows update, and for some reason it hasn't been letting me to download any app from the app store, or download windows update. I've watched all the videos about fixing it, I also read all the community posts but I still...
  3. Windows 10 Update services not running properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Update services not running properly: Hey! I have a problem with my Microsoft store and windows update, and for some reason it hasn't been letting me to download any app from the app store, or download windows update. I've watched all the videos about fixing it, I also read all the community posts but I still...
  4. Windows 10 Update services not running properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microsoft system update - One of the update services is not running properly, but the...

Microsoft system update - One of the update services is not running properly, but the...: My window update doesn't work.I've tried checking the troubleshoot tab but all I got was this:I've tried deleting "StopUpdates10Guard" from Autorun but I can not find any services with that nameor that I just don't know how to use AutorunI also tried to disable all of my...
  6. Windows Update : One of the update services is not running properly, troubleshooter...

Windows Update : One of the update services is not running properly, troubleshooter...: My windows update is not working.It said: "Error encountered. One of the update services is not running properly, but you can try to run a troubleshooter to fix the problem. Go to Start button > Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot, and then select Windows Update."I've...
  7. Windows Update : One of the update services is not running properly, troubleshooter...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update : One of the update services is not running properly, troubleshooter...: My windows update is not working.It said: "Error encountered. One of the update services is not running properly, but you can try to run a troubleshooter to fix the problem. Go to Start button > Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot, and then select Windows Update."I've...
  8. Windows Update : One of the update services is not running properly, troubleshooter...

9. One of the update services is not running properly

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    One of the update services is not running properly: Hi there, Windows cannot be updated, I get the following message: "One of the update services is not running properly, but you can try to run a troubleshooter to fix the problem. Go to Start button > Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot, and then select Windows...
  10. One of the update services is not running properly

One of the update services is not running properly: A few weeks ago My system opened but instead of my pin coming up I had to used my password. When I tried to access Signin options it wouldn't work. Have been trying to run windows update but keep getting One of the update services is not running properly. Have tried...