Windows 10: One of the usb device attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and windows does not...

Discus and support One of the usb device attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and windows does not... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Each time I start the Computer I get an Error in the Message Centre One of the USB device attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Peter749, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Peter749 Win User

One of the usb device attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and windows does not...

Each time I start the Computer I get an Error in the Message Centre

One of the USB device attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and windows does not recognise it.

I have tried using Driver Easy to look for a solution and it did find some that were out of date it has not cured the problem.

There are a number of questions on this support group but they mainly suggest removing and reinstalling the USB device

And that is my problem - I have a Microsoft Keyboard and a Roccat Mouse in the external USB sockets andnone in the internal sockets.

I have also tried a number of different changes in this article

https://www.easeus.com/storage-media-recovery/usb-device-not-recognized.html

So far it has not made a difference to error

Any suggestions please

Peter

:)

Peter749, Jul 14, 2020
  2. Cefizelj' Win User

"USB Device not recognized: One of the devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it."

When I attach USB Stick to my computer I get the following message: "USB Device not recognized: One of the devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it."

This USB Stick is working fine when attached to other computers or devices only on this one computer isn't recognized.

Device Manager is showing "Exclamation Mark" when this Stick is attached to USB port. If I unplug it, "Exclamation Mark" disappears.

One of the usb device attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and windows does not... d6975fff-a386-4db2-80df-429ac8e0b9de.jpg

Can you tell me, please, what should I do to fix this issue, USB Stick to be recognized again on this computer. Thank you!

Cefizelj', Jul 14, 2020
  3. One of the USB devices attached to your computer has malfunctioned

I keep getting the following error message.

One of the USB devices attached to your computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it. But the location of the device is blank. Also all the USB devices are working fine. I have got Windows 10.
    One of the usb device attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and windows does not... [​IMG]

NidhiHanda, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Jestera Win User

One of the usb device attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and windows does not...

'One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it." POP UP MESSAGE HELP!

Every now and then I will get a popup message from my Task manager in the lower right hand corner of my computer saying "'One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it." I don't have any USB
    device attached to my computer. I have no idea why I'm getting this message. I keep having to go into my device manager > USB Controllers and deleting this "unknown device".

Its driving me nuts. Does anyone have any clue as to what the *** this is, where it came from, and how I can get it to permenantly stop?

Thank you so much,

Jest

P.S. Running Vista if it matters.

Jestera, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

1. One of the usb device attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and windows does not... - Similar Threads - usb device attached

2. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not...: Hi, so i recently just got a new Elgato Capture card. I Got the HD60 S and when I first got everything hooked up it was working but then I restarted my pc and I now just get and error and it says "The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows...
  3. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not...: Hi, so i recently just got a new Elgato Capture card. I Got the HD60 S and when I first got everything hooked up it was working but then I restarted my pc and I now just get and error and it says "The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows...
  4. The last usb device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The last usb device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not...: When i connect my usb device to windows 10 i get the following error message by windows: the last usb device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it. I have: Updated drivers Tried on a different computer (worked) Using a different usb...
  5. USB device malfunctioned & windows does not recognize it.

USB device malfunctioned & windows does not recognize it.: Hi there, I have a Garmin edege 510 cycling computer & when I connect this device to all my laptops & desktop it shows the same story that " The last USB device that you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it". Anyone any idea how I can...
  6. "USB Device not recognized: One of the devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned...

"USB Device not recognized: One of the devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned...: "USB Device not recognized: The last USB device you connected to this computer is malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it." is appearing in my screen in every 3 seconds. Is there any way to stop it....
  7. "The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not...

"The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not...: Hope someone can help as I'm really struggling. I got a new laptop before Christmas and everything has been fine on it until a couple of days ago. My USB hard drive connects fine with no issues, the above message I get is for my Garmin running watch. When plugged in to the...
  8. "One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned"

"One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned": Could this be a near-death keyboard, or bad drivers? My Razer Deathstalker is nearly 6 years old since purchase, and only a week ago it started shutting down (mostly on idle, not mid-work) even before the message pops up. The LEDs light up, but the keys don't do any input....
  9. the last usb device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    the last usb device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not...: the last usb device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it THIS PROBLEM IS ONLY MY OPTICLE MOUSE. OTHER USB INPUT TOOLS[DONGLES, KEY BORDS] WORK VERY WELL... how i resolve this problem?...
  10. usb device malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it

usb device malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it: I installed windows 10 x64 on a new machine yesterday and am having a problem with some of my usb devices. simple things like my mouse (which is usb 3.0) and other user interface components which are usb 2.0 are working normal but a mass storage drive, a set of usb 3.0...