Windows 10: One of the users on my laptop cannot connect to Wifi, the others can

Discus and support One of the users on my laptop cannot connect to Wifi, the others can in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; One of the user accounts (with administrator privileges) on my Lenovo laptop shows the wifi network that I use (it is a neighbourhood wifi network) as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SamMalin, Aug 14, 2018.

1. SamMalin Win User

One of the users on my laptop cannot connect to Wifi, the others can

One of the user accounts (with administrator privileges) on my Lenovo laptop shows the wifi network that I use (it is a neighbourhood wifi network) as Limited and the network login page will not come up and the internet is not available. However, other accounts on the same laptop show the same wifi network as normal and can login to it and can access the internet. Why could this be? The problem account used to connect okay but then I did some windows updates. (I cannot roll them back)

:)

SamMalin, Aug 14, 2018

2. Cannot connect to wifi with laptop

Hi,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. We suggest that you try the steps below:

• Go to Network and Sharing Center.

• At the right pane, click Change adapter settings.

• Right click on your connection name (WiFi name) and Properties.

• Click the Configure... button.

• Go to Power Management tab.

• Uncheck/disable the radio button for "Allow this device to turn off this device to save power".

• Restart the PC (Important)

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Aug 14, 2018
  3. karyeowl Win User
    Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, Aug 14, 2018
  4. PaulMGray Win User

Smart phone connected to WiFi but can not connect laptop to WifI.

Smart phone connected to WiFi but can not connect laptop to Wifi. What steps can I take to fix this problem?

PaulMGray, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

1. One of the users on my laptop cannot connect to Wifi, the others can - Similar Threads - users laptop cannot

2. Can you not use the hotspot with 2 wifi adapter, one connected to my wifi and the other one...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you not use the hotspot with 2 wifi adapter, one connected to my wifi and the other one...: I wanted to hotspot my wifi with a usb wifi adapter, but when I installed the driver for it and restarted my computer, the hotspot broke. Well, I can still choose which wifi adapter I want to use and I can still enable hotspot but for some reason the option to choose the...
  3. Can you not use the hotspot with 2 wifi adapter, one connected to my wifi and the other one...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you not use the hotspot with 2 wifi adapter, one connected to my wifi and the other one...: I wanted to hotspot my wifi with a usb wifi adapter, but when I installed the driver for it and restarted my computer, the hotspot broke. Well, I can still choose which wifi adapter I want to use and I can still enable hotspot but for some reason the option to choose the...
  4. My laptop can’t connect to the wifi, but the cellphones and other laptops can

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop can’t connect to the wifi, but the cellphones and other laptops can: my laptop can connect to the 2.4GHz wifi when the wifi has 2.4GHz and 5GHz options, but my new wifi don’t have such options. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-cant-connect-to-the-wifi-but-the/2cd043ed-762a-4cf3-83bb-4384b862dd33
  5. My laptop can’t connect to the wifi, but the cellphones and other laptops can

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop can’t connect to the wifi, but the cellphones and other laptops can: my laptop can connect to the 2.4GHz wifi when the wifi has 2.4GHz and 5GHz options, but my new wifi don’t have such options. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-cant-connect-to-the-wifi-but-the/2cd043ed-762a-4cf3-83bb-4384b862dd33
  6. My laptop can’t connect to the wifi, but the cellphones and other laptops can

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. one user can access, other user cannot

one user can access, other user cannot: Two Win10Pro vers 20xx computers, Ethernet LAN. In compD (destination): - password protected sharing is OFF - shares give full control permission to Everyone. CompS (source) UsernameS (standard account) can access compD (dest) which also has UsenameS. CompS Explorer lists...
  8. My laptop disconected from my own wifi but can connect to others

My laptop disconected from my own wifi but can connect to others: My Laptop disconnect out of nowhere from my personal wifi and doesn't even show it in available wifi though my phone can connect to it and my laptop can still connect to other wifi far from me...
  9. Laptop cannot detect wifi when other devices can

Laptop cannot detect wifi when other devices can: Hi, My laptop cannot detect my one of the cellphone's Hotspot, when my other cellphones can. I tried to troubleshoot it, with various methods given on microsoft community site, but it didnt work. Kindly support to resolve it....
  10. Internet connect to one wifi connection but not the other.

Internet connect to one wifi connection but not the other.: So in my house we have to wifi connections but it wont connect to my main internet. it will connect to are bad internet that is always in and out and just has a poor connection. but are main one I was connect too yesterday evening and when I went to get on my internet that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot connect to my wifi on laptop but can connect to others