Windows 10: One of two external (non main) monitors doesn't appear in "display" settings, but mirrors...

Discus and support One of two external (non main) monitors doesn't appear in "display" settings, but mirrors... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have two monitors connected to my laptop in addition to the laptop screen. In 'display' settings only one appears in addition to the laptop screen.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LucasTide, Sep 23, 2018.

1. LucasTide Win User

One of two external (non main) monitors doesn't appear in "display" settings, but mirrors...

I have two monitors connected to my laptop in addition to the laptop screen. In 'display' settings only one appears in addition to the laptop screen. However both external monitors show image, the same image. Like monitor 2 is mirrored onto monitor 3, even though my laptop doesn't detect monitor 3 at all. Is there a fix so that I can extend to all three monitors with different image?

:)

LucasTide, Sep 23, 2018
  2. Romel Ram Win User

External Monitor with Quicken

Hi Mark,

It is possible that the display resolution automatically adjusts after connecting to an external monitor. For us to properly isolate this issue, we have some questions for you:

• Are you experiencing the same issue even without using the Quicken tool?
    • Have you checked if the display resolution settings of the Surface device and the external monitor is the same?
    • Have you tried checking for a graphics device driver update?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done to isolate the issue?

We're looking forward to your response.

Romel Ram, Sep 23, 2018
  3. AlbertoMA Win User
    my 3Dprinter doesn´t appear

My 3D printer doesn´t appear on when I open 3D builder on the left popup to choose printer.

Is it need to do any previous step?? I thought It was plug and play. the printer is an UP Plus2 from Tiertime so, it is one of the recommended partners manufaturers. any message of error just doesnçt possible to send the prin.

AlbertoMA, Sep 23, 2018
  4. delpi767 Win User

One of two external (non main) monitors doesn't appear in "display" settings, but mirrors...

No display on laptop's external monitor-Monitor recognized but blank

After the recent Windows 10 update, my wife's laptop no longer displays on the external monitor. All was well before the update.

I am comfortable that Windows sees the monitor because clicking on Display Settings shows two displays. If I unplug the HDMI cable, only one display is shown.

I have confirmed that the monitor works by trying it with another laptop. I have also changed the HDMI cable between the laptop and the external monitor.

Device manager reports that I have the latest display driver installed.

I would appreciate any and all suggestions.

delpi767, Sep 23, 2018
Thema:

1. One of two external (non main) monitors doesn't appear in "display" settings, but mirrors... - Similar Threads - external non main

2. How to set my external monitor as the main monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set my external monitor as the main monitor: I have an MSI gaming laptop connected to an external 1440p monitor. The laptop has a 1080p monitor. Some of my games only want to run on the laptop monitor and I end up having to open the lid to get the game to display on the external monitor. When I do this, the game...
  3. How to set my external monitor as the main monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set my external monitor as the main monitor: I have an MSI gaming laptop connected to an external 1440p monitor. The laptop has a 1080p monitor. Some of my games only want to run on the laptop monitor and I end up having to open the lid to get the game to display on the external monitor. When I do this, the game...
  4. How to set my external monitor as the main monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Laptop lags only when external monitor is set as main display

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop lags only when external monitor is set as main display: I know it's been fixed in Windows 11, but 11 has other problems and I don't like the look of it. The only solution is to reboot the laptop while the monitor is connected, which is annoying. Does this problem occur in Windows 7 ? I tried setting the preferred gpu in nvidia...
  6. Set external monitor as main

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set external monitor as main: Hello. Every time I open the laptop, I have to manually set the external monitor to be the main one, not wanting to use the laptop one anymore. How can I make Windows remember this setting every time I start it? This is Windows 10 Pro with up-to-date updates....
  7. Set external monitor as main

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set external monitor as main: Hello. Every time I open the laptop, I have to manually set the external monitor to be the main one, not wanting to use the laptop one anymore. How can I make Windows remember this setting every time I start it? This is Windows 10 Pro with up-to-date updates....
  8. Display appears mirrored and flurry

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display appears mirrored and flurry: When booting my laptop screen is reversedmirrored and flurry. I have updated display drivers and reinstalled WIN10 but can't get rid of the problem. External display on HDMI port works fine though. When problem started to show up rebooting or changing display arrangement...
  9. Two external monitors on one laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Two external monitors on one laptop: Hi all! I am using my laptop for work and have been using an external monitor with it as well. I would like to add an additional. I have two ports, a VGA and an HDMI but windows will only allow me to output to one. Is there any way for me to "output" one screen but have my...
  10. Can't make external monitor main display

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't make external monitor main display: I have an Acer Aspire ES-15 Win 10 laptop and an external Hanns-G monitor which i would like to make the main display. I go to SETTINGS > DISPLAY and there is a tickbox that says "MAKE THIS MY MAIN DISPLAY" This is the option i want, however the tickbox is greyed out and i...